No announcement yet.

How do you rate Lomachenko's defense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
    No **** boxers get hit. My point was in they frequency in which loma was being hit. That was simply not a great defensive performance.
    Great defensive genius Floyd got hit more in the Maidana fight then Loma did in his loss agasint Salido and unlike Floyd Loma landed more then Salido in that fight compared to Floyd vs Castillo which had Castillo landing more punches.

Comment

He's terrific defensively especially for how much he engages and the volume he throws. Its an exhausting style.

Unless you catch Linares cold he's always going to land leather and combinations especially if he gets into any sort of rhythm. He's too good of a boxer not to and has good physical attributes for the weight.
      The only thing that stops Linares from being elite imo is a lack of head movement he doesn't really take the heat off shots. Ability, technique, skills he's right up there.

Comment

I give a B+ considering his type of style and where he likes to fight at!

His weaknesses is his overconfidence, lack of reach, and punching power!

A guy like Mikey would exploit the fact that he likes to punch with you, Mikey would time him with something nasty and unlike Linares who doesn't have much power; Loma wouldn't get up!

He's a joy to watch and we as REAL BOXING FANS are fortunate to witness him fighting in our time!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          I guess Loma got hit, like Floyd got hit when he fought Castillo in the first fight? Still a good defensive performance.
          Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
          Great defensive genius Floyd got hit more in the Maidana fight then Loma did in his loss agasint Salido and unlike Floyd Loma landed more then Salido in that fight compared to Floyd vs Castillo which had Castillo landing more punches.
          Well floyd has 50 fights and loma has 12. If floyd had been hit and dropped like loma was hit and dropped in his 12th fight, it wouldve been silly for people to go on about how great his defense was. Now if loma goes on to have a career in which he’s he dominates his opponents defensively in his next 37 fights like Floyd, ill have no problems lauding him as a great defensive fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            Well floyd has 50 fights and loma has 12. If floyd had been hit and dropped like loma was hit and dropped in his 12th fight, it wouldve been silly for people to go on about how great his defense was. Now if loma goes on to have a career in which he’s he dominates his opponents defensively in his next 37 fights like Floyd, ill have no problems lauding him as a great defensive fighter.
            Let’s give him time, can we? I guess that is what your saying? We don’t know yet? Hopefully that’s what you are saying!
            Cool, let’s talk again after 17 more fights, if he can get them quick enough. He started his pro career late.

Comment

I would give him an A+ for defense and getting dropped by sharp punching Linares doesn't change that for me. He got careless for a second and Linares dropped him with his quick right hand. Even boxers with a great defense get hit clean by other good boxers sometimes. I can't think of an attacking fighter like Loma who gets hit less often than Loma does.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Let’s give him time, can we? I guess that is what your saying? We don’t know yet? Hopefully that’s what you are saying!
                Cool, let’s talk again after 17 more fights, if he can get them quick enough. He started his pro career late.
                Yea basically. I don’t think we will have to wait for 17 fights since his career is on a fast track. By the time he reaches 20 fights we’ll know a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  Not that amazing. It will look a whole lot less amazing when he fights a pressure fighter like when he fought salido
                  I could be wrong but I assumed the thread was about legal punches.

Comment

Working...
                  X