Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Michael Hunter wins against Povetkin, is he the #2 American heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Michael Hunter wins against Povetkin, is he the #2 American heavyweight?

You could argue, and you'd probably be right, that Michael Hunter would have the second best win of any american heavyweight. Do you agree?

#1 Ruiz (win over Joshua)
    #2 Hunter (win over Povetkin)

I don't see anyone else with a better win than those two. Do you?

They don't like them CWs who are going up to HW division, ex-cruisers have to double the accomplishments to be recognized and to be talked as a real threat, Hunter is doing great so far, he is on the mission, he won't stop till he becomes a HW champ

Comment

On paper or in reality? Cause Povetkin peaked quite a while ago. He is an elite win on paper but doesn't really send that big of a message currently.

Comment

Wilder's wins over Ortiz are better as Ortiz is still ranked higher than Povetkin even after Wilder KOed him twice.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Wilder's wins over Ortiz are better as Ortiz is still ranked higher than Povetkin even after Wilder KOed him twice.
          Agreed.

Much respect for Hunter, depending how hunter does verse Povetkin we will see where Usyk is at as well. If hunter washes through Povetkin better than Joshua, we know Usyk and Hunter are going to be a problem in this division.

Comment

Hunter can box but he doesn't look like a threat to any champion in the division. I'm eager to see how the Povetkin fight plays out before we crown or dismiss him

Comment

BoxRec's US heavyweight rankings:
              1. Wilder
              2. Ruiz
              3. Breazeale
              4. Washington
              5. Martin

If Hunter beats Povetkin, I'd stick him above Breazeale.

Comment

Is it just me that strongly thinks Povetkin will win this? I was really surprised to find out that Hunter is the favourite.

Comment

aj fans are getting desperate i see.. they can sense the incoming doom

Comment

Originally posted by A-Side Ruiz View Post
                    Is it just me that strongly thinks Povetkin will win this? I was really surprised to find out that Hunter is the favourite.
                    I would have had Povetkin favourite... except you have to think that Hunter's team have seen something in Povetkin to know that time has
                    really caught up with him.

Like it or not, there's a lot we don't know and this feels like a fight where the matchmakers know a bit more than we do. This is where matchmakers succeed - they pick the right guy at the right time.

Comment

Working...
                    X