Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are posters so concerned about GGG being HANDED another title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    It will be a paper title,he still won't be a draw and he will have no career defining belts on his resume.. What does him getting handed yet another worthless belt prove? He still will not be Lineal champ not Ring champ. Canelo can just sit there and bring fighters up from 154 and make a killing..GGG is going to have to make a crucial decision here because Canelo honestly does not need him at all.
    Why are you so concerned about making 78 GGG threads per week?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
      Why are you so concerned about what posters are concerned about?
      Same reason you are concerned about why im concerned about what other posters are concerned about

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Why are you so concerned about making 78 GGG threads per week?
        Same reason you are concerned about me being concerned about making 78 GGG threads per week

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          alt ....lol...I wonder whose? Sugar ray leonard did have a belt created for him at 168 when he could've fought the champion at his weight, which was 175...you need to learn your boxing before trying to be a smart azz

Floyd fought ....2 catchweights in major fights....dude fought in 5 weight classes man....140 and below he didn't do that at all.....JMM was after a 2 year lay off and Nelo was a kid and could make 152 otherwise he wouldn't have agreed to it...before that it was 150 that nelo offered

now pacquaio on the other hand he made it an artform after he moved past 140....all his best opponents were coming off loses and were at catchweights....or they hadn't fought at 147 at all before he fought them
          i am someones alt because i have an opinion that might match someones? who's alt are you?

all i hear is you making excuses for Floyd and throwing paquio under the bus. so its ok to commit the crime twice but not 5 times (or however many times paquio did it) if we will go down the excuse lane then lets see... floyed fought in 5 weight classes and paquio fought in 8 weight classes hmm should he not get more leeway.
          Also Floyd couldn't make his first 3 weight divisions if he tried towards the end tale of his career. so really he outgrew his divisions, he did go up to 154 but he fought Canelo at 152
          are you saying that Canelo could make the weight and he agreed to it so it was ok? well in that case every paquio fight is the same, they could all make the weight and agreed to it. anyways you got to stop with the double standard, you can say oh he did it twice and its justifiable but this guy did 5 time and it isn't. You either give **** to both (like i gave **** to golovkin about the CW) or you don't, but stop making up excuses for one fighter over the other.

Comment

Why would it be a paper title? If Gennady becomes the WBC champion, the WBC middleweight championship would reflect the consensus best middleweight on the planet.

What you really need to question is the worth of the current middleweight lineage. How paper is that? It becomes a bit awkward when you've only recently hopped on the lineal 'bandwagon' and not realised it goes beyond face value.

I think we'd all love the GGG-Canelo fight. If Canelo doesn't want it, thats on him. Canelo has every right to defend his title in the ring, its up to him if he doesn't want to.

Me personally, I just want GGG to unify the division, and then move up.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Same reason you are concerned about why im concerned about what other posters are concerned about
              Which really concerns me Larry.

Comment

Why are you so scared for Canelo to face GGG. You scared his going show a true masterclass against one of your idols best wins.

Or maybe your still upset he pulled your idols card and challenged him at a fight in his his division, for his championships and he still said no mas.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                  Why would it be a paper title? If Gennady becomes the WBC champion, the WBC middleweight championship would reflect the consensus best middleweight on the planet.

What you really need to question is the worth of the current middleweight lineage. How paper is that? It becomes a bit awkward when you've only recently hopped on the lineal 'bandwagon' and not realised it goes beyond face value.

I think we'd all love the GGG-Canelo fight. If Canelo doesn't want it, thats on him. Canelo has every right to defend his title in the ring, its up to him if he doesn't want to.

i agree with this sentiment (or is it possible that i am your alt because we are of the same opinion)

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post

end the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      Hopefully Canelo won't be a giant pu ssy and actually fights his mandatory so we can avoid this problem. Hopefully boxing fans one day stop supporting the act of ducking. Canelo "doesn't need Golovkin". Is that what boxing has become?
                      Yes. Happens all the time now. "Boxing" fans love to celebrate fights not happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X