Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are posters so concerned about GGG being HANDED another title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    It will be a paper title,he still won't be a draw and he will have no career defining belts on his resume.. What does him getting handed yet another worthless belt prove? He still will not be Lineal champ not Ring champ. Canelo can just sit there and bring fighters up from 154 and make a killing..GGG is going to have to make a crucial decision here because Canelo honestly does not need him at all.
    And u cool with that?He wants to fight the best at 160 to unify the belts and nobody wants to fight him and u think its a good thing? What a dumb thread

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Hopefully Canelo won't be a giant pu ssy and actually fights his mandatory so we can avoid this problem. Hopefully boxing fans one day stop supporting the act of ducking. Canelo "doesn't need Golovkin". Is that what boxing has become?
      Pretty much.U got dummies thinking its cool for Canelo to duck this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
        And u cool with that?He wants to fight the best at 160 to unify the belts and nobody wants to fight him and u think its a good thing? What a dumb thread
        Didnt say it was a good thing at all..but him being handed a belt is ****** and pointless

Comment

Didnt say it was a good thing at all..but him being handed a belt is ****** and pointless
          So u want the WBC to make an exception for Canelo? Once those guys at MW start to grow some balls it will be funny to see GGG destroy them one by one so the haters can stfu. The guy wants to unify the MW belts and some dummies find a way to **** on his decision.

Comment

Oh man, this again. First it was Cotto who "doesn't need" Golovkin. Now it's Canelo.

Actually I think Canelo DOES need to fight Golovkin unless he wants to look like a p*ssy lip. Everybody in boxing knows that GGG is the MW to beat, and Canelo holds the lineal belt and said he would fight him "right now."

Comment

GGG did beat Murray who we all know got robbed in Argentina vs Martinez...in theory he should already have the green belt and all the lineal b.s.

Comment

Same reason you are concerned about me being concerned about making 78 GGG threads per week
                don't be ****** Larry, I doubt our reasons are even remotely similar

Comment

Good posts :ANYWORD:

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Yes. Happens all the time now. "Boxing" fans love to celebrate fights not happening.
                  It's crazy. I remember all the threads before the Cotto/Canelo fight, were posters were saying that they hope the winner vacates instead of facing Golovkin..as it would be 'funny'.
                  Boxing fans who don't want to see good fights. Well, they call themselves boxing fans.

Originally posted by Redeaux View Post
                  Sad as always when people get too invested in the game, rather than invested in the ring itself.

The primary matter is who's a better fighter, the competition.

In 20 years time, will you really give a damn that Canelo had more financial leverage than Golovkin? Or would you just wanna watch the fight and relive the moment?

"That's right son, I got to see the great Canelo and Golovkin in their primes when I was your age! Canelo did better PPV numbers doe and didn't need Golovkin. You should have seen the jet he bought. Man, they don't make 'em like this anymore..."
                  Who wants to see good fights and the top guys in the division facing eachother. We want vacated titles, PPV numbers and 'A' sides.

Comment

I guess Lennox Lewis' belt was paper when Bowe ducked him like a coward.....

Comment

It will be a paper title,he still won't be a draw and he will have no career defining belts on his resume.. What does him getting handed yet another worthless belt prove? He still will not be Lineal champ not Ring champ. Canelo can just sit there and bring fighters up from 154 and make a killing..GGG is going to have to make a crucial decision here because Canelo honestly does not need him at all.
                      I'm curious, what's the problem here? Golovkin picks up a belt that the champ was too scared to defend, seems like that's what is supposed to happen to me. Obviously it's not how us boxing fans would like him to unify, but that's not Golovkin's fault nor the WBC's.

Comment

Working...
                      X