Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Hernandez Netflix Documentary: Killer Inside the Mind of ....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong”

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Sad situation. We have to eventually reevaluate football. It is showing itself to be very dangerous.
      One thing about NFL I could never understand is players will often lead into contact with their heads, rather than their shoulders.

Comment

So we have few idiots and selfish ****s and its footballs fault. Just exuses....how many people play football and dont kill themselves or kill other people. Troy aikman had a bunch of concussions I dont see him killing people for a spilled drink. Hernandez was a piece of ****. Junior seau.....guy who came out of retirement to play, maybe he was a dumb **** and had no backup plan and was poor him sad no one was talking about him. Good riddance

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
          As usual, I enjoy reading your thoughtful responses. Risk verses reward.
          A personal choice unique to every situation, albeit the similar principle at work.

With respect to all opinions and not to minimize the effects of CTE, I believe Aaron had "mental issues" long before experiencing multiple trauma to the brain. He was essentially living a double life, long before he was drafted by the Patriots. CTE symptoms may include emotional instability and impulsive behavior, but not necessarily criminal, or gangster lifestyles. Paranoia doesn't automatically translate to criminal or deviant behavior. In fact many with CTE avoided criminal activity all together.
          So the CTE was just one small factor, IMO. It appeared he never really matured beyond 17-18 and his father's presence would have changed his trajectory. He'd also been smoking marijuana heavily, for years. Near the very end it seemed like his bisexual acts were coming full circle and issues with his mother were unresolved. Combination of a lot of things.

Ultimately just a sad, unfortunate demise that probably could have been avoided at various points along the way.
          Excellent post and I can't green K for a while... Let's generalize your point (the bolded text) and clarify an important point: Drugs, physiological changes, biochemical changes, cause differences to emerge in how a human being interacts with the environment. These changes are on a gross level, they are never specific targets for a singular behavior. So, here is a great example: Prosac acts on brain chemistry, something we really have little understanding of with regard to all the different receptors and how they cross affect each other. And drugs like MDMA act on parts of the brain that affect addicts in a positive way.

BUT when we translate these changes to a specific behavior we have to understand that our behavior is complex and always has many many antecedents in addition to any chemical actions that may affect it. Another great example that applies here: It is a fact that the brain only reaches adult maturity chemically at 30 years old on average...Is that scary or what?

Its a shame Aaron could not be bisexual but I tend to think the sensationalism of this aspect appeals to viewers. However the maturity level was a big problem for this man child. He looked like a big kid. Impulse control problems ran in the family, thats a bigger problem than Aaron experimenting with sexual acts.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            One thing about NFL I could never understand is players will often lead into contact with their heads, rather than their shoulders.
            Weebler

When I was a kid we played football. We would get what pads we could scrounge, and we had a helmet. The helmets back then were not very padded, so we would tackle more like rugby players than hitting with the head down. Then I remember they came out with these very strong helmets...For a long time before the mid eighties I would imagine these helmets suficed...though I do not know the stats on injuries...

Then players got bigger, stronger, faster, and here we are...Those helmets offer little protection given how much force can be generated.

Its crazy because football players have become uberathletes, fed the best steroids...then discarded when no longer useful. But the false sense of security persists.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              Macho man daddy, **** tendencies and too many blows to the head.

He was not a normal guy by any stretch of the imagination.
              He also liked the cock.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                He also liked the cock.
                He seemed to make fun of flaming cock draining guys in Jail.
                I watched as much of the Net flix doc as my wife could stand, and she was saying, he looks like a big maricon.

Hernandez was on a phone call with his mom, complaining about the flaming jomos all the while, believing have QB kok in his azz or mouth was a team building exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  awesome collisions and helmets get knocked off the head, and dudes get carried away on stretchers, good stuff.

rugby guys, like to play a lot of grab azz in their little fight for the ball group hug stuff.

now that, is hard to understand.

Comment

Working...
                  X