Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy jones reacts to espn rating golovkin above him as greatest middleweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy is a much better fighter P4P and H2H i'd pick him to beat any middleweight in history in his prime based on the eye test alone, however he didn't really do that much at that weight and GGG deserves a higher middleweight ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      Canelo ironically resembles James Toney stylistically in many ways.

Obviously Canelo has more drive/dedication/discipline but yeah.

GGG over Roy any day in terms of MW ranking. Fair is fair and GGG has earned it over a long Mw career.
      Resembles Toney how???

Comment

Both Jones and Hopkins were more formidable at 175 than 160.
        I know Bernard has the defense record but if you look closely at it ain't sh*!.

Both would be top twenty-five and I think Triple G falls in at the end of twenty-five too!

Sugar Ray Robinson out boxes both and when it comes punching attacks none of them come close to him.
        Robinson was fighting top ten middleweights out of his prime and winning!

When you fight 199 bouts and are stopped ONCE by the light heavyweight champ leading on all score cards but heat exhaustion over comes you, the ref, 30 people at ringside and others both Bernard and Jones seem very small in comparison.

I'm sick of hearing people classify Canelo as the "smaller man" BS! He is the "shorter man" his chest, legs, arms, neck and head are all "bigger" than Triple G.
        Triple G 5'10" 159 3/4
        Canelo 5' 8" 159 1/4

Shorter NOT bigger!!!!!

Ray

Comment

Jones didn't campaign at MW very long.

I love both Roy and GGG, but GGG spent his whole career at 160 and deserves to be ranked higher at the weight.

Roy was much more accomplished at 168 and 175.

Comment

Originally posted by NarcosMaidana View Post
            Big fan of Roy and i think he's levels above Triple G when he was in his prime but looking at his resume he hasnt really fought anyone. Trip G hasnt really fought anyone either but Canelo is better than James Toney imo.
            umm ya...i dunno if canelo better than toney man...

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
              Canelo better than James toney ? Lol wait till he loses then people will bring his rating right back down to reality
              I think people are a bit high from his victory
              He's already lost about five times.

Comment

With GGG's longevity I can see it. I mean RJJ's MW resume is BHop, Thomas Tate & Jorge Castro. I can see the argument that BHop trumps anything GGG did + the eye test tells me in some weirdo fantasy fight I'd greatly favor RJJ to beat GGG so there's that to support RJJ being the better 160lber.

Mostly this sh^t is goofy weirdo child-like sh^t to me doe so I got no dog in this fight. I still don't get why boxing people love this fantasy all time great & P4P type sh^t so much more than other fans in other sports do.

Comment

Roy Jones is so on point. GG should've went after Ward in his prime at 168. With that said, you either like Jones wins over Hop and Tate at 160, or GGs career at 160. Its one of those "Jones only had a few fights at 160" kind of questions which begs to ask, why ask who?

Comment

Roy beat Hopkins at 160 and that alone is greater than anything ggg has done in his life. No contest Roy Jones is greater than ggg

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                      Roy Jones is so on point. GG should've went after Ward in his prime at 168. With that said, you either like Jones wins over Hop and Tate at 160, or GGs career at 160. Its one of those "Jones only had a few fights at 160" kind of questions which begs to ask, why ask who?
                      I agree completely, prime Roy at MW would destroy both GGG and Canelo.

Fewer wins at MW doesn't take away how good Roy was, he showed how good he was by beating HWs as did Toney, lets see GGG or Canelo go to HW or LHW, dam GGG cant go one division and was walked down by a former WW.
                      No WW could ever walk down prime Roy Jones in a MW contest.

Comment

Working...
                      X