No announcement yet.

We have talked about combinations but what is your (fav) signature punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have talked about combinations but what is your (fav) signature punch

For all you boxers amateur/pro or just in training, What is your signature punch that you like to use?

My trainer taught me one of the best moves and punches in my arsenal right now and I am being effective with it and plan on using it on my fight on the 12th.

I will bob my head and dodge down and throw a rapid hook to the body and shuffle to the side at an angle and when my hook hits your body, I will be on the side with a straight to the face.

Been using it in sparring and it has worked effective for me.

Whats yours?

Dempsey roll.

Working on it.

Comment

Countering a hook with an overhand..

Comment

james toney shoulder roll with the counter right

Comment

Originally posted by Yoko
          james toney shoulder roll with the counter right

I love how he can do that, I tried it but ended up getting a busted lip and taking a seat. Perhaps if I practiced more and wasnt in with a guy who outweighed me by 40 pounds, maybe but none the less I was uneffective with it.

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
            I love how he can do that, I tried it but ended up getting a busted lip and taking a seat. Perhaps if I practiced more and wasnt in with a guy who outweighed me by 40 pounds, maybe but none the less I was uneffective with it.
            lol, yeah 40lbs is to much unless your lights out himself. gotta keep the shoulder up, protect the chin. floyd really seems to be the best guy right now at protecting his chin with his shoulders when he's on D.

Comment

Could you describe the Dempsey roll to me please?

Comment

Originally posted by ShotgunSeanK
                Could you describe the Dempsey roll to me please?
                coming forward and weaving side to side off of left and right hooks

Comment

the guy i hit the pads with says my left hook to the body is my best punch, i do enjoy throwing it off the right cross.

Comment

When crouched on the inside, I like to pivot to my right and fire double left hooks while the guy is off balance. Another unorthodox move I use is crouching very low in the corner while under fire, and timing a left hook counter shot. Very unorthodox, it works with my shortness.

Comment

Working...
                    X