Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does one stop smoking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try to put yourself in the life of a child who has a serious lung problem for a year eg needles/IVS and the like that make them cry with pain every time they are put in.Hence anytime someone smoke and they had to endure what a child does for a year everyone with a sane mind would stop .
    Last edited by Richard; 08-02-2023, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Next time you are about to smoke a cigarette dont.

And then the time after that you want to smoke dont.

repeat until you no longer want to smoke or until you die.

You do the above 3 simple steps you will never smoke again the rest of your life.

Comment

You just need to stop. It's that simple and that difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Sorry to hear that TonyGe. Back in the day in San Francisco, while attending grad school no less... My wife and I were wild. Every drug you can think of we did, and some, on the regular. I classifed our use into two categories: There was stupid use... things like smoking, heroine, cocaine, speed... and then there was drugs that were part of a greater social experience for us. MDMA, Ecstacy (I had a chemist friend who made special batches for us) Mushrooms (my spiritual guide! lol) LSd, etc... Hash and eating speed could be either or... sometimes we had some real nice social outings.

We never did any of these to a point where we were addicted but I had a fellow friend, tripper, who had worked for years in addiction stuff. I also had some experience as a Psych worker on an acute unit, where we often recieved people who were addicts...

My friend made the point that ALL these drugs, despite being simple, follow a similar mechanism of addiction. Interesting enough, someone else in the field also told me that pot is the worse drug to stop because unlike most drugs it attaches to more types of brain and nerve cells... So again, in reality the severity of a drug and it's pull was not necessarily how enticing it is. The mechanism for addiction is all the same.

With that said I would encourage you to not lose hope, not assume that being addicted to any drug is acceptable, and to sit down and break down the system of how your addiction works. The only drug I ever had to withdraw from was for an injury and I gave an account of the process. It can be brutal...

Good luck!
          Nobody does heroin regularly and doesn't get addicted. Posting your real name, doxing your wife, all this hardcore drug talk with a family member owning a business =---> it's like you're actively trying to destroy your role as being a provider.
          Zaroku Zaroku billeau2 billeau2 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

Nobody does heroin regularly and doesn't get addicted. Posting your real name, doxing your wife, all this hardcore drug talk with a family member owning a business =---> it's like you're actively trying to destroy your role as being a provider.
            Thanks for your concern. Regularly doing any drug will cause problems. We never used any drug to a point where dependence caused problems, just wild times in Bagdad by the Bay. Many people have used drugs and not become drug addicts... Although I would certainly caution against stupid drug use... it never leads to a positive, except perhaps in being able to emphasize with someone.

Heroin is an interesting drug... It cycles. But the real danger has been potency issues. A heroin user in East Harlem NYC circa the 1970's when I was a kid, was getting a product that was very mild compared to something someone was using in San Francisco in the 1990's... Mexican Mud as it is sometimes called was part of a trend where the potency of narcotics increased... same with pot BTW. Hash used to be potent, but the regular plant products these days have more active components than this resin! At least that is what my friends have tole me, never been one to enjoy pot. Loved occasional Hash back in the day.

By the time we get to Fentanyl and the amphetamines they put out these days... very dangerous indeed. I do think given this situation it is best to not experiment as a kid... It is just too dangerous.

Doxing is not something that a person does by showing transparency, it is something someone does who uses personal information in an unintended purpose... I will leave it at that. Again, thank you for the concern... Oh and a word on certain other drugs, like Shrooms. I do think these drugs are constructive. But they should be used as part of a social situation, and with certain things in place. Mushrooms can be a very intense, spiritual experience... Something I experienced once, on a mushroom trip and once while living in a Buddhist Monastery. Very similar dynamics.
            Last edited by billeau2; 09-28-2023, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your concern. Regularly doing any drug will cause problems. We never used any drug to a point where dependence caused problems, just wild times in Bagdad by the Bay. Many people have used drugs and not become drug addicts... Although I would certainly caution against stupid drug use... it never leads to a positive, except perhaps in being able to emphasize with someone.

Heroin is an interesting drug... It cycles. But the real danger has been potency issues. A heroin user in East Harlem NYC circa the 1970's when I was a kid, was getting a product that was very mild compared to something someone was using in San Francisco in the 1990's... Mexican Mud as it is sometimes called was part of a trend where the potency of narcotics increased... same with pot BTW. Hash used to be potent, but the regular plant products these days have more active components than this resin! At least that is what my friends have tole me, never been one to enjoy pot. Loved occasional Hash back in the day.

By the time we get to Fentanyl and the amphetamines they put out these days... very dangerous indeed. I do think given this situation it is best to not experiment as a kid... It is just too dangerous.

Doxing is not something that a person does by showing transparency, it is something someone does who uses personal information in an unintended purpose... I will leave it at that. Again, thank you for the concern... Oh and a word on certain other drugs, like Shrooms. I do think these drugs are constructive. But they should be used as part of a social situation, and with certain things in place. Mushrooms can be a very intense, spiritual experience... Something I experienced once, on a mushroom trip and once while living in a Buddhist Monastery. Very similar dynamics.
              Heroin isn't any drug, you become addicted quickly. You said you two did heroin on the regular, doing heroin on the regular, you get chemically dependant fast, facts.

Before Fentanyl, heroin was 15% purity by the time it was stepped on and hit the streets, highly addictive. Now it's more of a high chance of death and of course it's exponentirally more addictive.

You're doxing your wife, yourself, the business, and your kids. Calm your tits mate.​ Stop putting your drug experiences on the internet before it comes back and destroys your life you tosspot.

WTH is wrong with you.

Comment

Heroin isn't any drug, you become addicted quickly. You said you two did heroin on the regular, doing heroin on the regular, you get chemically dependant fast, facts.

Before Fentanyl, heroin was 15% purity by the time it was stepped on and hit the streets, highly addictive. Now it's more of a high chance of death and of course it's exponentirally more addictive.

You're doxing your wife, yourself, the business, and your kids. Calm your tits mate.​ Stop putting your drug experiences on the internet before it comes back and destroys your life you tosspot.

WTH is wrong with you.
                I didn't do Heroin on the regular lol. You pull up an age old thread, responding to something said in a context to help someone, years back and then claim I am Putting stuff out? What do you want anyway? Your bringing old posts up. Which is fine, but again, context is all important. But don't you have better things to do? Your digging through ancient posts here.

Why do you even care about what I am doing? What do you want?

Comment

I didn't do Heroin on the regular lol. You pull up an age old thread, responding to something said in a context to help someone, years back and then claim I am Putting stuff out? What do you want anyway? Your bringing old posts up. Which is fine, but again, context is all important. But don't you have better things to do? Your digging through ancient posts here.

Why do you even care about what I am doing? What do you want?
                  Doesn't sound like you were trying to help someone, looks like you were bragging putting your wife on blast.

Back in the day in San Francisco, while attending grad school no less... My wife and I were wild. Every drug you can think of we did, and some, on the regular.
                  Not bragging right, being helpful then?

I classifed our use into two categories: There was stupid use... things like smoking, heroine, cocaine, speed... and then there was drugs that were part of a greater social experience for us. MDMA, Ecstacy (I had a chemist friend who made special batches for us) Mushrooms (my spiritual guide! lol) LSd, etc... Hash and eating speed could be either or... sometimes we had some real nice social outings.
                  Sure looks like bragging about the good old days innit?

The only drug I ever had to withdraw from was for an injury and I gave an account of the process.
                  Yea, uh huh, we know what that is don't we?

Something I experienced once, on a mushroom trip and once while living in a Buddhist Monastery.
                  Buddhist Monks don't let guai-lo live in monastaries you liar! And to top it off, bragging about taking drugs in a monastary =---> disgusting.

I didn't dig up this thread you tosser. Look at posts #30 - #33 you dummy.

This is all your doing over a single post I made; a legitimate post, about Joe Frazier. Stalked me forever and a day over it lol. What it is yea, is you're some martial arts puff that's a total pretender thinking he knows something about boxing =---> and you don't. You're a pretender who's brain is mush.

​​​​​​​Furthermore, you attacked me for 2 years every - single - day while I had on ignore running your mouth like a nutcase (which you clearly are). Then signing up a new account to get my attention and ignored you again before I even knew it was you (lmao) =---> you think I'm forgetting all that so fast?

You continue to quote me, in my own threads no less, and now it's about what do I want now? Are you serious??

Comment

Doesn't sound like you were trying to help someone, looks like you were bragging putting your wife on blast.

Not bragging right, being helpful then?

Sure looks like bragging about the good old days innit?

Yea, uh huh, we know what that is don't we?

Buddhist Monks don't let guai-lo live in monastaries you liar! And to top it off, bragging about taking drugs in a monastary =---> disgusting.

I didn't dig up this thread you tosser. Look at posts #30 - #33 you dummy.

This is all your doing over a single post I made; a legitimate post, about Joe Frazier. Stalked me forever and a day over it lol. What it is yea, is you're some martial arts puff that's a total pretender thinking he knows something about boxing =---> and you don't. You're a pretender who's brain is mush.

​​​​​​​Furthermore, you attacked me for 2 years every - single - day while I had on ignore running your mouth like a nutcase (which you clearly are). Then signing up a new account to get my attention and ignored you again before I even knew it was you (lmao) =---> you think I'm forgetting all that so fast?

You continue to quote me, in my own threads no less, and now it's about what do I want now? Are you serious??
                    Taking drugs in a monastery? okkkay .

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
                      Next time you are about to smoke a cigarette dont.

And then the time after that you want to smoke dont.

repeat until you no longer want to smoke or until you die.

You do the above 3 simple steps you will never smoke again the rest of your life.
                      Are you a pinoy? I love the Philippines

Comment

Working...
                      X