Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollywood tough guys who were actual fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvin Hagler has an acting career in Italy.
    Rocky Graziano did some Hollywood movies.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      Here's a good one: Jason David Frank (original Green and then White Power Ranger)

1-0 in pro MMA
      4-0 in amateur MMA
      8th Dan Black Belt in Shotokon Karate
      Black Belt in Wado-Ryu Karate
      Black Belt in Judo
      Black Belt in Taekwondo
      Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
      Muay Thai International Association Certified Master Instructor

Also studied Jeet Kune Do and less practical styles including Aikido and Wing Chun.
      Damn, he was my ace.

I think the entire original cast of Power Rangers had some martial arts training except the pink one, but Green is the only with any pro record.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        James Cagney studies Tae Kwon Do.
        He throws the best on screen punches in history. He can dance too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambo_rvnn View Post
          Out of curiosity, if Bruce Lee was still alive, how would he fare in the UFC? He’d probably be either 125 or 135. What are y’all thoughts?
          Bruce had a great physique. I was always impressed with the width of his back. He seemed like a pretty determined guy, I mean he was in wicked shape. So I think he’d learn the style that is used today and train relentlessly if that was his goal. He’s fast, but how powerful or good a chin he has, who knows. I’d have loved to see him box. It’s just a matter if he was more style over substance. Truth is any bouncer at a popular night club got into more real altercations than Bruce Lee did.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambo_rvnn View Post
            Out of curiosity, if Bruce Lee was still alive, how would he fare in the UFC? He’d probably be either 125 or 135. What are y’all thoughts?
            Bruce spent most of his life training in styles that aren't practical like Wing Chun. He had a single boxing match in high school and a series of street brawls, but that's it.

He began training in practical styles around age 23 or 24. It's pretty tough for someone who gets a start that late to be great in combat sports.

His own personal martial art took techniques from boxing, judo, wrestling, and other practical arts but there is no evidence of Bruce actually using it to compete in real fights.

He did teach several people who would eventually prove to be good fighters, so his theories were sound.

But in all likelihood he'd get wrecked in MMA.

Now, if he had grown up training in boxing, wrestling, judo, kickboxing, jiu-jitsu, etc? He'd probably be great in MMA. He was clearly a smart man, a quality athlete, and very disciplined in his training.

Comment

Working...
            X