No announcement yet.

Kamaru usman vs Colby covington

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Kamaru usman vs Colby covington

ufc 245 main event Kamaru usman vs Colby covington..it gets no better than this,two prime athletes going at it for the spot at the top of the food chain,let me start with Colby..Colby trash talk aside is a phenomenal athlete, his pace,chain wrestling are unreal and his ability to get into his opponents head is also coming along,insane pressure but what intrigues me about this fight is that stylistically they're both similar in matchups,Kamaru on the other hand is simply a beast,a lot of people tend to forget how good tyron was at the throne until usman made him look like yesterday's news,if there's anybody that can stop the Colby train it's Kamaru.. Kamaru I feel is a tad bit better/more decent striker than colby plus he's obviously the stronger athlete..Colby however has the slim advantage in terms of cardio even though kamaru is no slouch in that department..what will separate the loser from the victor of this fight is who's going to be able to impose their will on the other..will kamaru's strength and decent striking pave way to his first title defense or will Colby's volume striking and cardio prove to be overwhelming as it has been..I can't wait for these two to also test their wrestling to see who's more effective offensively or defensively and if it gets stopped in the 1st or 2nd i favor Kamaru but if its goes the distance,I slightly think Colby can pill it off...enough of the epistle I think kamaru will pull it off in this anticipated duel what do you guys think?

I'm standing with Usman on this one. I think he takes it.

Comment

Usman was suspiciously strong and effective against Woodley. We never saw Usman look that good. Not even close.

I can believe Woodley had a bad night. MMA catched up with you. I also think there's a reason Dana was so eager to let Usman get the shot at Woodley, not Covington, he knew Woodley was near his expiration date.

Any other version of Usman than the one who beat Woodley and Colby HAS to be the favorite. But Usman on the sauce is a much taller order.

I still think Covington can pull out the win with sheer pressure. He's a man possessed. But Dana does NOT want him as champion. And that will be made VERY clear to the judges.

Comment

Tough fight to call but i would edge towards Colby on points. Think he will beats him on workrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
          Usman was suspiciously strong and effective against Woodley. We never saw Usman look that good. Not even close.

I can believe Woodley had a bad night. MMA catched up with you. I also think there's a reason Dana was so eager to let Usman get the shot at Woodley, not Covington, he knew Woodley was near his expiration date.

Any other version of Usman than the one who beat Woodley and Colby HAS to be the favorite. But Usman on the sauce is a much taller order.

I still think Covington can pull out the win with sheer pressure. He's a man possessed. But Dana does NOT want him as champion. And that will be made VERY clear to the judges.
          I think the Dana part is simply just conspiracy without evidence, Dana would jump at the opportunity of making covington Vs masvidal for the real belt, that's a great storyline as they're affiliated with the same training team and a great storyline creates headlines, buzz and cash.. usman would probably throw a monkey wrench in that though so I can understand people don't wanna get too excited including dana

Comment

"boo yeah " that happy feeling you get when your combat sport analysis is improving, usman Vs masvidal should be next! and as for me usman toys with masvidal with his wrestling..only if usman decides to strike with him can masvidal have a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
              I think the Dana part is simply just conspiracy without evidence, Dana would jump at the opportunity of making covington Vs masvidal for the real belt, that's a great storyline as they're affiliated with the same training team and a great storyline creates headlines, buzz and cash.. usman would probably throw a monkey wrench in that though so I can understand people don't wanna get too excited including dana
              he completely routed covington (stripping him of his Interim Belt, and slippingUsman in). usman and the last style bender are EXACTLY the sort of champions he wants.

Comment

Just caught up on it now, it was a real good fight

Comment

Too bad for Covington. I thought he had 3 rounds. Incredible heart on that guy. But, the finish as legit as they come. Respect to both.

Comment

Fight was a war. Best main event in a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X