Damn....This KO is a beauty!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    And he goes and tries to hit him while he was ktfo. What a d@ckhead
    No, I don't think he was trying to hurt him. It was done in the heat of the battle. The referee did his job and prevented further damage. That's just the fighter's instinct. A fighter perceives his opponent as a threat and an adversary. Therefore, until the fight is over or waved off, then that opponent still remains dangerous and an adversary.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      Not boxing but damn this was hot. A one-two punch followed up by a nasty spinning back elbow...BOOM...Good night!

That is the most insane ko i ever seen, like something outta a kung fu movie that black dude even managed to get in a few wushu ipman shots while he was out on his feet

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        No, I don't think he was trying to hurt him. It was done in the heat of the battle. The referee did his job and prevented further damage. That's just the fighter's instinct. A fighter perceives his opponent as a threat and an adversary. Therefore, until the fight is over or waved off, then that opponent still remains dangerous and an adversary.
        did you see Weidman vs Jacare from last night's UFC event? that had another weird stoppage where the fighter wasn't sure whether to keep punching or walk away.

Comment

Whoa shit! Goddamn! He fucked him up! I've never seen a knockout like that before.
          Here's another good one from back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
            did you see Weidman vs Jacare from last night's UFC event? that had another weird stoppage where the fighter wasn't sure whether to keep punching or walk away.
            Jacare was angry at the referee too. But Miragliotta has had few of these bad stoppages for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
              Jacare was angry at the referee too. But Miragliotta has had few of these bad stoppages for sure...
              I can only think that his view of Weidman falling was obscured by Jacare, and because Weidman went for a leg he thought he was ok ... but it looked really bad and Weidman paid the price once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
                No, I missed that one. However, I understand the point you are making. Sure, there are some fighters who can turn it off and turn it on while there are some who can not; They need some assistance from either a referee or a doctor.

The very same can be said about a badly beaten fighter inside of a boxing ring. He is taken a serious licking but his fighter's instinct tells him to keep fighting; Which is very dangerous because some fighters can be too brave for their own good.

Therefore, in those cases a fighter needs to be protected from himself before he sustains a career or life ending injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwingbombs View Post
                  Yeah that was my first thought. Cleary unconscious before he hits the canvas and yet he still tries to pound him on the ground until the ref dives in to stop him.
                  What a cu$# he is...this is why I think UFC is a thugs if you have fighters willing to hurt some even after here completely out it says allot about your character.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane1091 View Post
                    What a cu$# he is...this is why I think UFC is a thugs if you have fighters willing to hurt some even after here completely out it says allot about your character.
                    Last night there was a fight that is completely contrary to what you're saying. Guy gets rocked and dropped and the other fighter waits for the ref, when the ref didn't end it he yelled at him and then finished it. Plenty of other examples of this happening in ufc. How about boxers hitting guy's when there down? Are all boxers thugs with a lack of character because of this?

Comment

No, I missed that one.
                      sorry for the spoilers, maybe I should've used another example

Comment

Working...
                      X