Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ariel Helwani Jumps Ship To ESPN, Will Have Show on ESPN+

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't ESPN in bad shape? But they are continuing to invest in MMA even when they are on a low?

Hope it works out. Don't think anything will change until they change the outdated PPV format.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
      Isn't ESPN in bad shape? But they are continuing to invest in MMA even when they are on a low?

Hope it works out. Don't think anything will change until they change the outdated PPV format.
      I heard those rounds of layoffs were people making some very big bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        So if people don't like Ariel, are there any MMA reporters that everyone likes?
        I'd think Luke Thomas is a guy who people would like. I think I like him better than Ariel. He's a guy who tries to be in someones shoes & therefore comes up with more reasonable opinions & doesn't trend so often into good & bad or right & wrong. Sh^ts just happening & you are making decisions that you feel are best feels like his attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I'd think Luke Thomas is a guy who people would like. I think I like him better than Ariel. He's a guy who tries to be in someones shoes & therefore comes up with more reasonable opinions & doesn't trend so often into good & bad or right & wrong. Sh^ts just happening & you are making decisions that you feel are best feels like his attitude.
          Thanks man, I'll check out some of his articles. I guess there's video of him too?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Thanks man, I'll check out some of his articles. I guess there's video of him too?
            Yea he does a really good show on vid, Monday Morning Analyst, that I really love. He takes questions from fans & gives his take on things that have happened or could be happening in the future. You can tell he puts serious thought into all his answers & he'll go above & beyond to clarify what he means & what he doesn't mean quite often.

Randomly he's also on MMA Beat with Ariel & is usually the main host if Ariel isn't around so to me he's always seemed like the #2 journalist in MMA. Very likeable dude, much more likeable than Ariel thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Yea he does a really good show on vid, Monday Morning Analyst, that I really love. He takes questions from fans & gives his take on things that have happened or could be happening in the future. You can tell he puts serious thought into all his answers & he'll go above & beyond to clarify what he means & what he doesn't mean quite often.

Randomly he's also on MMA Beat with Ariel & is usually the main host if Ariel isn't around so to me he's always seemed like the #2 journalist in MMA. Very likeable dude, much more likeable than Ariel thats for sure.
              Agreed. I don't find too many guys with a girl's name that likable anyway. Ariel Helwani, Dana White haha. Stacy Keach is cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Is this the guy that Dana White banned from the McGregor-Mayweather fight?
                Not sure about that fight, but he's been banned.

He's not so bad, I think he asks the hard questions that a lot of people don't like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  I don't even know who the heck that is
                  That guy Dana can't stand.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                    Not sure about that fight, but he's been banned.

He's not so bad, I think he asks the hard questions that a lot of people don't like that.
                    Dana banned him from the Showtime telecast.

Comment

Working...
                    X