No announcement yet.

Francis Ngannou the most powerful puncher in the world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
    They measured his punching power and he broke the world record. Not the MMA or boxing record mind you but the world record. The man is a freak of nature.
    Ok but who held the record before that? And how did they measure it?

How many boxers have done the same test?

Because I'm pretty sure Deontay Wilder for example punches A LOT harder then some UFC fighter who from what I was told has been fighting for about 5 years total.

Comment

The man just weighed in 263 lbs, no fat. Men are men. It makes no difference their background how hard they can hit.

Comment

The man just weighed in 263 lbs, no fat. Men are men. It makes no difference their background how hard they can hit.
        What do you mean by background?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
          These UFC fighters generally have little punching power because they don't have the technique and ability to get the leverage behind shots. It's not their fault, just the nature of MMA that makes it difficult because you have to be concerned about what's coming back i.e takedowns, kicks etc..

A UFC fighter won't do any damage in a boxing ring. Their punches don't have the same effect on boxers, it's as simple as that. Also, MMA fighters generally don't take punches very well. Getting kicked or kneed in the face is a different sensation to being punched with full leverage behind it, not better or worse, just different. Getting punched in the chin full blooded doesn't even necessarily hurt, it just scrambles your senses and MMA fighters aren't used to being hit with that kind of leverage behind it.

No doubt this guy is heavy handed. Some MMA guys are but there's a difference between being heavy handed there and heavy handed in boxing. McGregor hit Floyd with an uppercut and Floyd didn't even blink.
          lol

boxer's don't have magical powers & getting punches by one doesn't feel worse than getting kicked by an mma fighter

signing up with a local gym would open your eyes to just how much getting hit with anything hurts and most boxers/mma fighters train side by side nowadays. There is no skill gap. Same trainers, same floor all across the country.

This giving mystical properties to boxers vs mma fighters stuff needs to die like believing in kung fu death strikes died.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            What do you mean by background?
            I should not have said it makes NO difference in their background but I think it is disingenuous to claim that a UFC fighter could never punch as hard or harder than a boxer as if they pick up all their skills in a bar or backyard brawl setting. Obviously the guy has skilled trainers guiding him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Ok but who held the record before that? And how did they measure it?

How many boxers have done the same test?

Because I'm pretty sure Deontay Wilder for example punches A LOT harder then some UFC fighter who from what I was told has been fighting for about 5 years total.
              just because he started fighting 5 years ago doesnt mean he cant punch. have you seen the dude?? he aint no deontay wilder type frame.

this dude is a gifted natural beast. very rare. look at guys like brock lesnar. has no mma experince but went into the ufc and beat some of the top guys who's been fighting their whole life.. why? because he's a freak of nature!

Comment

Cannot compare the two sports like that, in boxing, you only have to worry about hands, in MMA, you have to worry about elbows, grappling, submissions, etc. so they train for more than just punches, in a boxing match, they also use more padded gloves, imagine Tyson with 3 oz gloves?

Comment

I should not have said it makes NO difference in their background but I think it is disingenuous to claim that a UFC fighter could never punch as hard or harder than a boxer as if they pick up all their skills in a bar or backyard brawl setting. Obviously the guy has skilled trainers guiding him.
                  So by background you mean his fighting background?

In that case I would argue that it makes quite the substational difference.

I also wouldn't say it was disgenouos but rather logical. Boxers and UFC fighters are on total different stratosphere when it comes to solely punching which is to be expected when boxers literally dedicate their entire lives to solely the aspect of attacking with punches and defending punches.

Do you honestly believe that this guy from the UFC can punch as hard as say, Anthony Joshua for example? It's preposterous to even consider. I doubt he punches are hard as Derek Chisora much less the upper echelon of boxers.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 01-19-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    just because he started fighting 5 years ago doesnt mean he cant punch. have you seen the dude?? he aint no deontay wilder type frame.

this dude is a gifted natural beast. very rare. look at guys like brock lesnar. has no mma experince but went into the ufc and beat some of the top guys who's been fighting their whole life.. why? because he's a freak of nature!
                    Well, in regards to Brock Lesnar you are incorrect as he is an accomplished wreslter which if I'm not mistaken is an integral part of MMA.

In regards to this guy, I never said he can't punch at all I said he can't punch in comparison to boxers. Which is true, he can't.

I think citing his frame as a reason for why he can punch is foolish.

Seth Mitchell has a much bigger frame than Deontay Wilder also who do you think punches harder out of the two?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael1437 View Post
                      Cannot compare the two sports like that, in boxing, you only have to worry about hands, in MMA, you have to worry about elbows, grappling, submissions, etc. so they train for more than just punches, in a boxing match, they also use more padded gloves, imagine Tyson with 3 oz gloves?
                      I would compare the two sports by that you have the two best heavyweights in the UFC squaring off the first card of the year meanwhile Joshua and Wilder have yet to sign on to determine who is better.

Comment

Working...
                      X