• Show
Clear All

• Ufc 217

Bisping Vs St-Pierre
    Garbrandt Vs Dillashaw
    Jedrzejczyk Vs Namajunas
    Thompson Vs Masvidal
    Hendricks Vs Borrachinha

A decent card. The winner of the main events looks to be pencilled in to face Whittaker In Perth in February.

Why does Hendricks still get put on the main card? I'm surprised the UFC hasn't cut him yet.

He's looked like **** and has become extremely boring ever since USADA. And there's a good chance he misses weight.

Comment

Amen to that , can't think of a bigger decline since Usada bar maybe Weidmann although he beat a welter in his last fight, all other fast declines i.e. Victor hendo etc couple lack of trt and age , and has cain won a fight post usada ����

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        Why does Hendricks still get put on the main card? I'm surprised the UFC hasn't cut him yet.

He's looked like **** and has become extremely boring ever since USADA. And there's a good chance he misses weight.
        LOL. Can't argue with any of that. I think it comes down to him selling tickets & being willing still. I suspect Hendricks is a guy who could get a few more L's in a row before he got cut his name is so sellable still, rightly or wrongly.

Looking forward to this card.

The GSP vs Bisping fight seems like a bit of a freakshow fight cuz Bisping keeps getting these odd ass fights made when 185 is a killer division that is backlogged with killers & whoever wins this fight is probably in for an assbeating by Whittaker. But obviously I am curious wtf GSP looks like after 4 years out of the game.

The main event for me is Cody No Love vs the snake lol. That is a legit grudge match & I think it'll be competitive & dramatic & fun.

Joanna Champion vs Rose is a more interesting fight to me than its being sold as & the odds suggest. I think Joanna is a badass female fighter in particular for how f#cking tiny she is, but Rose is an adaptive, dedicated bad ass female fighter in her own right & came up rougher & requiring more growth spurts than Joanna had to endure in MMA thus she's got a less shiny record. I think Joanna probably wins, but I think there is bigger upset potential here than most & if Rose can get Joanna on the ground she's got a good chance to sub her & probably put her to sleep cuz I don't see Joanna as a tapper. Joanna will go out trying to win just like Holly Holm did.

And the Masvidal vs Wonder Boy fight can either be a sh^t show or a nice lil action fight if Masvidal presses him more than most do. Wonder Boy is like Floyd if Floyd pot shot even less than he did. Guy won't do sh^t for long periods of time in hopes you make a mistake. Most boring standup mfer ever perhaps who can spark a mfer IF that guy makes a mistake. But he don't do sh^t & the other guy wants to be careful doing sh^t so does less so usually Wonder Boy fights suck....til they don't & someone is KTFO, but it happens about as often as it doesn't.

Don't really give a f#ck about the Hendricks fight.

There are some more good fights on the undercard doe.

Mickey Gall is coming back to fight Randy Brown after a bit of a hiatus, both from the Dana White Looking for a fight series. Gall has been on some Ronda/Tyson destruction like sh^t by RNCing the f#ck outta all 4 of his opponents thus far including the hyped CM Punk & Sage Northcutt. Wouldn't be shocked if he does it again here. Kinda would like to see what else he's capable of doe.

James Vick vs Joe Duffy is going down on the non-PPV main event too. Big fan of Vick since his TUF days + believe he came from a boxing background & won some Texas golden gloves back in the day. Seems like a good kid & rooting for the guy. Duffy is one of the mfers who beat McGregor before he was McGregor & also had a 8 or 9 fight pro boxing career so this one should be fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          LOL. Can't argue with any of that. I think it comes down to him selling tickets & being willing still. I suspect Hendricks is a guy who could get a few more L's in a row before he got cut his name is so sellable still, rightly or wrongly.

Yeah Hendricks is a former champion and he's still a name, I'm just tired of him missing weight, stinking up the joint when he fights, then he either makes excuses or complains afterwards, whether he wins or loses.

Comment

I doubt GSP stays at 185 if he somehow beats Bisping. Bisping has no choice but to fight Whitaker next if he wins. I'm pulling for GSP, but I know it's a long shot.

If Thug Rose can take Joanna down, it will be a very interesting fight. If she can't, Joanna lights her up and puts on a clinic.

But No Love vs. Dillashaw is the fight I've been waiting for. It's been marinating all year. I predict a war with some showboating from Cody.

I think Masvidal has the perfect style clash with Wonderboy to produce a great fight. He's aggressive as hell and heavy-handed but not the most technical. Being a safey first counterstriker, the excitement in Wonderboy's fights depends on his opponent. Very similar to prime Machida.

Comment

I doubt GSP stays at 185 if he somehow beats Bisping. Bisping has no choice but to fight Whitaker next if he wins. I'm pulling for GSP, but I know it's a long shot.
              Didn't the UFC make GSP sign something that he'd fight Whittaker if he wins? I thought they did. Although if he just retires again I doubt it'd matter or retire for a year or something. I'd guess there are outs.

I'm sorta expecting Bisping to retire if he wins. He's been hinting at retirement a lot on his podcast.

If Thug Rose can take Joanna down, it will be a very interesting fight. If she can't, Joanna lights her up and puts on a clinic.
              Yea agreed.

But No Love vs. Dillashaw is the fight I've been waiting for. It's been marinating all year. I predict a war with some showboating from Cody.
              If things are going well for Cody FOR SURE showboating lol. I'm a lil curious how all that back surgery sh^t or whatever impacts his performance, but I think he's young enough where it'll be whatever. His long term career might not be looking so good with back issues this young doe.

I think Masvidal has the perfect style clash with Wonderboy to produce a great fight. He's aggressive as hell and heavy-handed but not the most technical. Being a safey first counterstriker, the excitement in Wonderboy's fights depends on his opponent. Very similar to prime Machida.
              Yea maybe. There is a part of me thinking this could be really good cuz of Masvidal, but its all on Masvidal if this fight is good. Wonder Boy is boring as f#ck otherwise & makes Floyd look like Arturo Gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Didn't the UFC make GSP sign something that he'd fight Whittaker if he wins? I thought they did. Although if he just retires again I doubt it'd matter or retire for a year or something. I'd guess there are outs.

I'm sorta expecting Bisping to retire if he wins. He's been hinting at retirement a lot on his podcast.

I heard Dana saying before that GSP would go back down to fight Woodley. Or maybe I'm mistaken and things have changed since the last negotiations.

Seemed like Bisping vs. GSP was on again off again for so long, I stopped paying attention to all the negotiations until it became official.

GSP hasn't really been on Dana's good side since he left the sport four years ago, so it wouldn't surprised if he would force him to fight Whitaker if he wins.

Bisping retiring as a champion would be lame if he doesn't face at least one legit contender. Makes me want to pull for GSP even more.

Comment

joanna is due for a loss, thug rose can take a punch, the lines are heavy for a joanna win ...

Comment

I heard Dana saying before that GSP would go back down to fight Woodley. Or maybe I'm mistaken and things have changed since the last negotiations.

Seemed like Bisping vs. GSP was on again off again for so long, I stopped paying attention to all the negotiations until it became official.

GSP hasn't really been on Dana's good side since he left the sport four years ago, so it wouldn't surprised if he would force him to fight Whitaker if he wins.

Bisping retiring as a champion would be lame if he doesn't face at least one legit contender. Makes me want to pull for GSP even more.
                    Had to look that up cuz I wasn't sure, but yea looks like GSP has it in his contract.

“I have to defend my title,” St-Pierre told The MMA Hour. “It’s written in my contract. I have to defend my title if I win. That wasn’t my initial plan, but I understand the UFC’s point of view. They want to protect their titles. They don’t want to delay the defense of their titles, because they don’t want to make people wait.”
                    https://www.mmamania.com/2017/8/14/1...bert-whittaker

And apparently Bisping has backed off the retirement stuff in the last couple weeks, but I barely noticed it with how he talks on his podcast.
                    Despite previously saying otherwise, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping now says he won’t be hanging up his gloves after his UFC 217 showdown with Georges St-Pierre.
                    http://mmajunkie.com/2017/10/michael...rges-st-pierre

Comment

Working...
                    X