No announcement yet.

Ronda Rousey vs. Amanda Nunes - UFC 207

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    At the end of the day this sport moves by FAST with fighters who pass you by , Rouseys dominance is in the books but no one has long winning streaks forever in UFC . No one has even defended the HW belt more than twice . You get the Silvas and Jones but were talking two people and JJ is the only one who never lost in UFC competing several years ,so its not really a shock at all if you know how the sport works .

This isnt boxing ,minor adjustments to anyone and bam their a champion again ,weve already seen this with McGregor ,ive seen this with many fighters but you ARE going to lose maybe even get punched out of the sport ,how many times was Overeem knocked senseless ?

Coming back to fight the best fighter after a long layoff loss is never smart along with a piss poor game plan , it took many power punches to get her ,and even taking ONE and still standing directly in front of Nunes not TRYING to set up any throws or anything to not stand blow for blow tells me her trainers are incompetent!
    Good post. And yea without a doubt Ronda's team is ****. In fact nearly everyone who's joined that team has turned to ****. Its damn near comical how ****ty Edmund is at his job. How Ronda hasn't realized that team is **** is probably her biggest weakness as a MMA fighter & maybe a testament to how coddled she needs to be that at this point she can't join a new team cuz she wouldn't be coddled the same anymore & might need to make some personal or training adjustments.

Idk that it matters now doe. I suspect Ronda just goes into movies...until a movie she does flops big & then she'll go into hiding for a year again or something & start writing books or opening a gym or something idk.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I just know you talk like someone who doesn't know **** about MMA & more importantly competition & how fickle reigns & legacies can be in competitive individual sports.

You are in good company doe cuz many boxing fans seem to think losing can erase accomplishments & show "exposure" more than its simply being 2nd best on a particular night.
      Aye.

People act as if what happened before Rousey lost never happened, or is somehow diminished.

She still brought women's fighting to mainstream.

nobody's reign will last forever in combat sports, or any sport really, but you're right - in combat sports in particular - it is so fickle.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Listening to his post fight, I had the impression Cruz is in no hurry for a rematch.
        Agree. That seemed a lil weird to me, but I trust Cruz's judgement at this point. I also noticed that Cody decided to go hard on a Cruz rematch instead of TJ during the post fight presser after Cruz seemed open to TJ getting next about 20-30 minutes before. Not sure if Cody heard Cruz & decided his chances are probably better the sooner he can get Cruz in the ring again & that Cruz might not be mentally as ready for a quick turnaround or if he just wants to piss off TJ more by making him wait longer &/or build up that Alpha Male civil war up a lil more.

Comment

Agree. That seemed a lil weird to me, but I trust Cruz's judgement at this point. I also noticed that Cody decided to go hard on a Cruz rematch instead of TJ during the post fight presser after Cruz seemed open to TJ getting next about 20-30 minutes before. Not sure if Cody heard Cruz & decided his chances are probably better the sooner he can get Cruz in the ring again & that Cruz might not be mentally as ready for a quick turnaround or if he just wants to piss off TJ more by making him wait longer &/or build up that Alpha Male civil war up a lil more.
          It could be that Cruz had to swallow alot of pride with that defeat. It was an emotional build-up and he kind of looked down on Cody. Give him a few days to stew, I think by the end of next week he'll be demanding an immediate rematch. If not, I worry he might be ready to call it a career.

Not sure what they do with Dillashaw if that happens. He's earned the right, I guess they could give him an interim belt, lol.

Comment

Good post. And yea without a doubt Ronda's team is ****. In fact nearly everyone who's joined that team has turned to ****. Its damn near comical how ****ty Edmund is at his job. How Ronda hasn't realized that team is **** is probably her biggest weakness as a MMA fighter & maybe a testament to how coddled she needs to be that at this point she can't join a new team cuz she wouldn't be coddled the same anymore & might need to make some personal or training adjustments.

Idk that it matters now doe. I suspect Ronda just goes into movies...until a movie she does flops big & then she'll go into hiding for a year again or something & start writing books or opening a gym or something idk.
            I think its two things why she stayed .One is loyalty ( even is she knows she can do better ) and two is ego. Winning with a different trainer ,well it would be admitting you needed help and couldn't do it without guidance . This is not logical bc fighting really isnt an individual sport bc it takes the entire team from trainers to nutritionalist to make it work and everyone in between.

Will she fight again ? Who knows she doesn't really need to and she could sure come back and get a win over a MUCH easier opponent which she should have done anyway. Her downfall was the actual media /Hollywood not just the more advancements in challengers .Ronda needs to go back to square one and forget about striking and do strictly grappling ,then tweak the striking game on AVOIDING getting hit ,with minimal basic jabs straight right, and if she hooks it should be thrown to set up the clinch or force one ,she needs to be physically dominant not the better striker .....she needs the judo game that is her style .

Comment

Pretty much what Ronda's mom was saying before the Holm fight. Brendan Schaub talked about how she's been surrounded by 'yes people' too long, and it stunted her development.

Boxer - Ariff Magomedov joined Edmund's gym last year, then took an unexpected loss early this year to a journeyman. Never understood why he joined that gym, it's like when guys still sign with Don King - like they're misinformed and just going with a popular name.

As for Ronda's post-fight career, I think she'll be fine. She can do B movies forever like Gina Carano.

Comment

Not sure what they do with Dillashaw if that happens. He's earned the right, I guess they could give him an interim belt, lol.
                LOL right.

Randomly it'll be interesting to see how much as MMA becomes a bigger money sport how many of the tactics that have led to boxings clusterf#ck of a situation that the UFC will duplicate. This interim belt nuttiness isn't a good sign if its only a taste of where things are going.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  I think its two things why she stayed .One is loyalty ( even is she knows she can do better ) and two is ego. Winning with a different trainer ,well it would be admitting you needed help and couldn't do it without guidance .
                  Yea I'd tend to agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
                    She has always been this way. People forget she quit Judo the same way after taking an L in the Olympics. She also tried to make a comeback as well and lost pretty bad in the one tournament she entered after the Olympics. All this after her coach Pedro had all his plans for her in 2012 and even got her a prestigious job in Japan making money with judo matches. Rhonda quit that, pissed off the entire USA Judo org and became a bartender.

Then she entered MMA. She will never ever fight again. That is her personality.

Pedro then shifted into coaching Kayla Harrison. She went on to win the first US gold in 2012 and then won gold again in 2016. Kayla is now in MMA and is seen as a role model because she also overcame sexual abuse from her first judo coach.
                    Also seen as a role model because she's cute and has class. Hope someone like her makes it in MMA.

Comment

Pretty much what Ronda's mom was saying before the Holm fight. Brendan Schaub talked about how she's been surrounded by 'yes people' too long, and it stunted her development.

Boxer - Ariff Magomedov joined Edmund's gym last year, then took an unexpected loss early this year to a journeyman. Never understood why he joined that gym, it's like when guys still sign with Don King - like they're misinformed and just going with a popular name.

As for Ronda's post-fight career, I think she'll be fine. She can do B movies forever like Gina Carano.
                      Yeah or do supporting roles in A movies, like Gina in the Fast and Furious movies.

Comment

Working...
                      X