No announcement yet.

‘The God Of MMA’ Fedor Emelianenko Is Close To Signing For UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘The God Of MMA’ Fedor Emelianenko Is Close To Signing For UFC

Fedor Emelianenko has accepted the possibility of himself fighting for the organization in 2016.His current contract with Eurasia Fight Nights is coming to an end against UFC veteran Fabio Maldonado at EFN 50, on Friday night..

Shane Mosley of MMA?

Comment

At this point who cares. Good luck to Fedor but he missed his opportunity.

Comment

I don't really get why people are still excited about this.

He should have quit around the Werdum/Rogers fights. He was looking very flat and out of shape. At this point it's just depressing. He's gonna be MMA's Roy Jones and ruin his own record.

Comment

given how his last few fights wouldn't it make more sense for him to stay retired and perhaps pursue a training or promoters/commentators position?

think about it he had the longest unbeaten streak as a heavyweight in his Pride days etc and ruled dominated but towards the end he lost to 3 guys in a row then had one or two more fights after which he won then retired...

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
            I don't really get why people are still excited about this.

He should have quit around the Werdum/Rogers fights. He was looking very flat and out of shape. At this point it's just depressing. He's gonna be MMA's Roy Jones and ruin his own record.
            I don't think anyone is really excited about it. As for the bolded Fedor was never really in shape. I think that was part of the allure of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I don't think anyone is really excited about it. As for the bolded Fedor was never really in shape. I think that was part of the allure of him.
              He was never ripped, but watching him from very early days, he went from a husky powerlifter physique to a straight up fat guy with lovehandles.

Comment

I was a Fedor fan, not as much as some people. He was never invincible TBH, but after tonight... and him needing to basically get saved to beat ****ing Maldonado, he's done... DONE, done... done...

How anyone can rate him as the GOAT, for that reign in the early era of the HW division are just fooling themselves and refusing to recognize that PRIDE wasn't the pinnacle of the sport.

And if anyone wants to call into question my fandom, I was a big fan before 2006 (my join date, which in itself is a long time for many MMA fans)

Comment

Back then Pride really was the pinnacle. Especially at heavyweight. The UFC heavyweight division is still, even now, a bunch of odds and ends. Horrifically washed up pride fighters were still hanging in the top 10 with UFC's best youngsters years after the UFC bought them out.

GOAT though? That's why I kind of compare him to Roy Jones. Roy was in "GOAT" conversations (at least in terms of raw talent -- if not necessarily resume) before he kept fighting past his expiration date.

Now almost nobody talks about Roy that way. He's the butt end of jokes. Fedor is going the same way. People will remember him more for his lackluster lovehandles/manboobs comeback than for his original reign.

Comment

Not after he retires for good, they won't, after enough time goes by. Same for Jones. Once he finally retires, people will remember him more for his early dominance fighting at middle, super middle and then light heavyweight for years on end. and yeah GOAT. Unless Jones comes back and dominates light heavy for a few more years, then he'll be in the GOAT conversation, especially if he moves up and gets some good wins at heavyweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X