No announcement yet.

‘The God Of MMA’ Fedor Emelianenko Is Close To Signing For UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
    I was a Fedor fan, not as much as some people. He was never invincible TBH, but after tonight... and him needing to basically get saved to beat ****ing Maldonado, he's done... DONE, done... done...

How anyone can rate him as the GOAT, for that reign in the early era of the HW division are just fooling themselves and refusing to recognize that PRIDE wasn't the pinnacle of the sport.

And if anyone wants to call into question my fandom, I was a big fan before 2006 (my join date, which in itself is a long time for many MMA fans)
    Enough with your revisionist history bull****, and there's no way that you've been watching MMA for that long or else you would have been able to appreciate how great he was in his prime. Also he beat Maldonado 2 rounds to 1 and the current crop of heavyweights are a crop of ****.

Is he the goat? Yes
    Is he as good as he used to be? No
    Can he still beat the **** out of the chiny heavyweights in the UFC? Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post
      Enough with your revisionist history bull****, and there's no way that you've been watching MMA for that long or else you would have been able to appreciate how great he was in his prime. Also he beat Maldonado 2 rounds to 1 and the current crop of heavyweights are a crop of ****.

Is he the goat? Yes
      Is he as good as he used to be? No
      Can he still beat the **** out of the chiny heavyweights in the UFC? Absolutely
      My post history would tell you something different, look at the join date

He got saved, Maldonado like had his lights out twice and the ref allowed him to get punched back into the land of the living..

He's still the GOAT at HW no doubt, but his fans act like he's not destroying the aura/mystique of his prime by keeping fighting..

Fedor will not record a single UFC win, if he comes over and they give him someone credible. He's that done IMO. Maldonado is a LHW really as well. His other wins in the last five years are against Pedro Rizzo, Ishii and Monson FFS...

I don't really have a dog in the fight of the GOAT discussion though, most of the guys I'm like a "legit" fan of are underachievers anyways. I'd probably go Jones or GSP though if I really had to choose one. Then probably Fedor or Spider Silva whose order could be switched around depending on the day for me...
      Last edited by Rudyo; 06-18-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

He got saved, Maldonado like had his lights out twice and the ref allowed him to get punched back into the land of the living..

He's still the GOAT at HW no doubt, but his fans act like he's not destroying the aura/mystique of his prime by keeping fighting..

Fedor will not record a single UFC win, if he comes over and they give him someone credible. He's that done IMO. Maldonado is a LHW really as well. His other wins in the last five years are against Pedro Rizzo, Ishii and Monson FFS...

I don't really have a dog in the fight of the GOAT discussion though, most of the guys I'm like a "legit" fan of are underachievers anyways. I'd probably go Jones or GSP though if I really had to choose one. Then probably Fedor or Spider Silva whose order could be switched around depending on the day for me...
        The problem with MMA is that the fans are disrespectful American losers with mohawks, affliction shirt and tattoos, that bash all the legends of the sport the moment they start to lose. Boxing fans are smart enough to know that fighters get old and that losses at the end of their career don't really mean anything.

Comment

The problem with MMA is that the fans are disrespectful American losers with mohawks, affliction shirt and tattoos, that bash all the legends of the sport the moment they start to lose. Boxing fans are smart enough to know that fighters get old and that losses at the end of their career don't really mean anything.
          That's true most of the time, but Roy is obviously hurting his legacy and Fedor is at that point.

And Fedor's been losing every single major fight going on 7 years now, since the Arlovski KO.

Shieeeet, I'd actually be interested in seeing Fedor- Andrei II now kinda that I bring it up....

Comment

GSP was knocked out by a midget lightweight with a crap record in his first title defence and was submitted by Prime Matt Hughes in his first title shot so he can't be considered the GOAT.

Anderson had an amazing UFC run, but early in his career he had a few losses to complete bums and was even KO'd in Boxing by a cab driver.

Fedor was undefeated in pride as heavyweight champion and even won the HW GP, all whilst being undefeated in Sambo at the same time. He stood up with Crocop and beat him at his own game, and he spent the entire fight in Nog's guard and beat the **** out of him without ever getting tired. Fedor's only losses were when he was past his prime, the other guys can't claim that.

Comment

Didn't see this fight, but Fedor was a bad mofo in his prime. If he gets to the UFC at this advanced age I suspect about 50%-75% of the guys in the UFC beat him & probably all but 2 or 3 of the top 15 wouldn't beat him.

Comment

That's true most of the time, but Roy is obviously hurting his legacy and Fedor is at that point.

And Fedor's been losing every single major fight going on 7 years now, since the Arlovski KO.

Shieeeet, I'd actually be interested in seeing Fedor- Andrei II now kinda that I bring it up....

I don't agree that Roy is hurting his legacy, he's just making a fool of himself like an old WWE wrestler that doesn't know when to quit. Roy can get KO'd a million times more and people will still see his highlights on YouTube and think "wow that guy was unbelievable"

I don't care much for Fedor vs Andre, I think Fedor would probably demolish him again, you can't fix Andre's glass jaw. Fedor vs Hunt, vs Lesnar or vs Werdum would be really interesting. Mark Hunt absolutely took it to Fedor in the first fight.

Comment

GSP was knocked out by a midget lightweight with a crap record in his first title defence and was submitted by Prime Matt Hughes in his first title shot so he can't be considered the GOAT.

Anderson had an amazing UFC run, but early in his career he had a few losses to complete bums and was even KO'd in Boxing by a cab driver.

Fedor was undefeated in pride as heavyweight champion and even won the HW GP, all whilst being undefeated in Sambo at the same time. He stood up with Crocop and beat him at his own game, and he spent the entire fight in Nog's guard and beat the **** out of him without ever getting tired. Fedor's only losses were when he was past his prime, the other guys can't claim that.

Agreed on Fedor, but GSP at least avenged those losses and went undefeated for the rest of his career. That is, unless the rumors of a comeback become true. I kind of hope they aren't, unless he just rematches Hendricks.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Agreed on Fedor, but GSP at least avenged those losses and went undefeated for the rest of his career. That is, unless the rumors of a comeback become true. I kind of hope they aren't, unless he just rematches Hendricks.
                    He did avenge those loses, but to never have lost in the first place is more impressive.

The rumour is that GSP is coming back to fight Bisping for the middleweight belt

Comment

**** post. He lost to prime Hughes who was a top 3 MMA fighter in the world at the time. He avenged that loss twice in devastating fashion. He was never KO'd by Serra. He took 40 clean punches and decided to tap... very clearly not in the right head space. The rematch proved that very clearly.

It's a lot easier to lose in MMA than boxing. No one finishes their career with an 0L record. Not to mention GSP had most of his career in the UFC and has fought possibly the best roster of any of the potential GOATS. Fedor won't avenge his losses. Spider won't avenge his losses. Jones hasn't technically lost so he doesn't need to.

But you are severely diminishing GSPs career.

Comment

Working...
                      X