Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor's going to Roach for help for Nate not Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor's going to Roach for help for Nate not Mayweather!

Lets be real here, no way in hell is Dana going to let Conor box Mayweather. This is just a publicity stunt to try and get Conor the best training for Nate. I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC threw $Mayweather a couple mil, to act like hes entertaining the thought, the series of events just breaths conspiracy. I hope Nate and his camp stay training for this douche ass turd and KO him boxing CHOLO gangsta style.

Anyone who knows anything believes this is all a publicity stunt. Dana White wouldn't even let Anderson Silva fight an old, shot and glass-chinned Roy Jones.

And I'm so sick of hearing about Conor. He represents everything that is wrong with casual fans and the fight business these days. Talking a good game and being a prick is held to a higher priority than being a proven fighter and winning your last fight. Guys like Edgar, Aldo, Diaz (who just embarrassed Conor) and other great fighters are treated like an afterthought by the UFC.

Nate is gonna slap him around again and I hope he gets paid well.

Comment

Yea I can't buy Conor vs Floyd has any chance of happening. The UFC just doesn't let guys go get punched in the head elsewhere. Unless its fake punched in the face in the WWE.

I could see there being some weird lil angle to this like Conor & Floyd are playing each other in some new fighting video game commercial or some **** like that & this is the hype before the storm with that sorta thing, but I can't see this being a real fight with how the UFC operates.

And I kinda feel like the Diaz rematch will be off the table now so I doubt he's doing any special training to outbox Diaz (hell he was outboxing Diaz anyway, he just needs to get stronger so his punches mean more &/or get more cardio & he wins next time). The UFC isn't likely to let Conor fight at 170 again (or 155) now anyway & unless he tosses his 145lb belt I suspect that'll be the next fight for Conor & likely at UFC 202 or 203 in August or September. The UFC isn't just gonna let a guy go around winning a title & then never defending it, not even Conor.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        Anyone who knows anything believes this is all a publicity stunt. Dana White wouldn't even let Anderson Silva fight an old, shot and glass-chinned Roy Jones.

And I'm so sick of hearing about Conor. He represents everything that is wrong with casual fans and the fight business these days. Talking a good game and being a prick is held to a higher priority than being a proven fighter and winning your last fight. Guys like Edgar, Aldo, Diaz (who just embarrassed Conor) and other great fighters are treated like an afterthought by the UFC.

Nate is gonna slap him around again and I hope he gets paid well.
        wtf are you talking about

That's the biggest bs I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Yea I can't buy Conor vs Floyd has any chance of happening. The UFC just doesn't let guys go get punched in the head elsewhere. Unless its fake punched in the face in the WWE.

I could see there being some weird lil angle to this like Conor & Floyd are playing each other in some new fighting video game commercial or some **** like that & this is the hype before the storm with that sorta thing, but I can't see this being a real fight with how the UFC operates.

And I kinda feel like the Diaz rematch will be off the table now so I doubt he's doing any special training to outbox Diaz (hell he was outboxing Diaz anyway, he just needs to get stronger so his punches mean more &/or get more cardio & he wins next time). The UFC isn't likely to let Conor fight at 170 again (or 155) now anyway & unless he tosses his 145lb belt I suspect that'll be the next fight for Conor & likely at UFC 202 or 203 in August or September. The UFC isn't just gonna let a guy go around winning a title & then never defending it, not even Conor.
          The diaz rematch will definitely happen. Biggest fight in UFC history is not just going away.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            wtf are you talking about

That's the biggest bs I've ever heard.
            Compared to Conor, they are.

Diaz just beat Conor and he's still treated like the B side in the rematch.

I'm glad this rematch got pulled from UFC 200. Jon Jones deserves to headline that event, even if it's against Cormier again.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Compared to Conor, they are.

Diaz just beat Conor and he's still treated like the B side in the rematch.

I'm glad this rematch got pulled from UFC 200. Jon Jones deserves to headline that event, even if it's against Cormier again.
              That's a very weird juxtaposition. Aldo and Edgar are what they are. Really solid fighters but have never even been solid main event material before conor or after conor. It is not the UFCs fault that Conor has way bigger appeal.

Diaz is the b side? When you have one guy pulling all the numbers and all of the intrigue, that's the A side. Diaz beat him, he's a star too. Conor is just the waaay bigger draw. Simple.

And don't you see the double standard of your criticism when Cormier lost to Jones in a boring fight when they are inserting the rematch as the main event on their supposed biggest event ever?

If you don't like Mcgregor, that's fine - but you don't make any sense

Comment

The diaz rematch will definitely happen. Biggest fight in UFC history is not just going away.
                Oh I'm not saying its not gonna happen its just not gonna happen next...I don't think anyway...unless Conor drops the 145 belt. There does seem to be an opening for Conor to fight in August & still defend the 145 belt at the end of the year vs the Aldo vs Edgar winner I'll admit, but I think letting the 145 belt sit for a year, or longer, when a guy can fight is as bad or worse precedent to set than Conor missing a presser.

Comment

Diaz is the b side? When you have one guy pulling all the numbers and all of the intrigue, that's the A side. Diaz beat him, he's a star too. Conor is just the waaay bigger draw. Simple.
                  Yep more or less. A side **** ain't about winning ultimately. Its about asses in seats/PPV buys/ratings or just money above all else. You can't win A side status like a title. I mean you can, but just cuz you beat a guy doesn't mean you're A side now.

Comment

That's a very weird juxtaposition. Aldo and Edgar are what they are. Really solid fighters but have never even been solid main event material before conor or after conor. It is not the UFCs fault that Conor has way bigger appeal.

And don't you see the double standard of your criticism when Cormier lost to Jones in a boring fight when they are inserting the rematch as the main event on their supposed biggest event ever?

If you don't like Mcgregor, that's fine - but you don't make any sense
                    The difference is Cormier earned his way back up by beating the other two top guys at 205 and he is the official champ. Conor was just handed a rematch because he wasn't suppose to lose, even though he was finished in the 2nd round. Basically the first fight was seen and treated like a fluke by the UFC. Diaz even said the story wasn't about him winning, it was about Conor losing. Diaz is fighting for money and respect.

And Jones has had one of the greatest streaks ever and is fighting for a title he never lost. Jones deserves to headline 200 more than Conor does.

Aldo vs Edgar is an intriguing fight, but has gotten very little promotion. That was my point about these guys being treated like an afterthought.

I understand your point about drawing, but there should be more balance between the business side and the sport side. Conor is an example of how hype and self promotion mean more than substance and win records these days (and that was my whole point to begin with). GSP was a big star like Conor, but he had longevity, great title run, and resume to back it up. Conor just draws big money at the moment, but lost his last fight (and has two other losses), but the UFC rolls the carpet for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X