No announcement yet.

Diaz Slams UFC!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
    What are you talking about? That means he didn't have to cut 25lbs of weight, that means his cardio would have been the best its ever been.
    That makes no sense at all ,its your fight weight you fight at that matters not what you walk around at ,which is why he will not stay in lower weight class if he should win to adjust to 170.Fighting and training at a 25 pound difference is a world of difference .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-23-2016, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      He flew back and had a less than 10 day training camp...if you want to call that a training camp. Meanwhile Conor McGregor is in full training camp for the guy who beat Diaz...Rafael dos Anjos who is ranked no 2 after Jon Jones as P4P champion so McGregor was preparing for the fight of his life.

This is what his coach said...

“I think that he told Dana that really just to put them at ease, like, ‘Yeah, we’re in shape,’” Gonzalez said. “He can’t tell Dana, ‘I’m sitting here on the beach having a cocktail.’ You just can’t say that.

“So you can look at it that way – he needs to recover from his last fight so he can start training again and triathlon season is coming. So technically, yeah, but not exactly the way everybody spun it.” So right here...he's saying that he's in recovery mode from his last fight... doing R&R and that's part of the training phase LOL...he's careful not to make it look like Diaz lied to to Dana but it's pretty easy to see what he's saying.

When Gonzalez got a call from Diaz 10 days from the fight, on Feb. 24, he immediately invited Diaz to a local track to test his conditioning.

“I was worried,” he said. “He was worried. Everybody was concerned about his conditioning, especially the people around him.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/03/conditi...conor-mcgregor
      Either way cardio wouldn't be the issue for at least two rounds.Diaz was getting lit up the entire 1st round and from what i saw was lucky Connor mis judged his pace at 170 so we will see whats real and whats not in a rematch.
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-23-2016, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        That makes no sense at all ,its your fight weight you fight at that matters not what you walk around at ,which is why he will not stay in lower weight class if he should win to adjust to 170.
        Wow you're really dumb, its not really that hard to understand. Do you not understand that Conor Mcgregor doesn't really weigh 145lbs on fight night? He re-hydrates to 170 over night because 145lbs is an extremely unhealthy weight for him.

***Larger man is small in his natural weight class or wants competitive advantage at smaller weight class***

***Larger man cuts 30lbs to fight smaller men or men equally his size***

***Natural man at larger mans new weight class can no longer compete with larger man who is 4 inches taller than him and 30lbs heavier on fight night***

***Natural man cuts 30lbs to fight people his own size or smaller, giving up his optimum health condition for a physical advantage or equal playing field***

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Either way cardio wouldn't be the issue for at least two rounds.Diaz was getting lit up the entire 1st round and from what i saw was lucky Connor mis judged his pace at 170 so we will see whats real and whats not in a rematch.
          Say what you want but if there is any merit to what you just said about 2 round stamina...then stamina was not the issue for Connor. What happened is he lost his heart after he got nailed by Diaz and then schooled on the ground. A fit Diaz can only be a tougher opponent.

Comment

A fit Diaz can only be a tougher opponent.
            Yup.

Unless the weight is changed, I'd bet on Diaz in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              Yup.

Unless the weight is changed, I'd bet on Diaz in the rematch.
              hopefully the lines are about the same as they were in the original match.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                hopefully the lines are about the same as they were in the original match.
                What were the odds on that fight?

Did you bet on Diaz by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  What were the odds on that fight?

Did you bet on Diaz by chance?
                  diaz was a 3-1 dog ... i didn't ...

Comment

Say what you want but if there is any merit to what you just said about 2 round stamina...then stamina was not the issue for Connor. What happened is he lost his heart after he got nailed by Diaz and then schooled on the ground. A fit Diaz can only be a tougher opponent.
                    like I said we will see in a rematch,if you've fought before you would would know reach plays a important role as well as being used to ending fights early which was the case for McGregor,not because he was out fought.I have little doubt who wins the rematch based on how the first round was dictated.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
                      Wow you're really dumb, its not really that hard to understand. Do you not understand that Conor Mcgregor doesn't really weigh 145lbs on fight night? He re-hydrates to 170 over night because 145lbs is an extremely unhealthy weight for him.

***Larger man is small in his natural weight class or wants competitive advantage at smaller weight class***

***Larger man cuts 30lbs to fight smaller men or men equally his size***

***Natural man at larger mans new weight class can no longer compete with larger man who is 4 inches taller than him and 30lbs heavier on fight night***

***Natural man cuts 30lbs to fight people his own size or smaller, giving up his optimum health condition for a physical advantage or equal playing field***

Connor doesn't cut weight overnight he does it in a week from what I understand...it depends on the fighter...cutting weight a week prior to a fight can help or hurt you. I highly doubt connor weighs 170 at the 145 class come fight time. in all probability he is about 160. either way he no doubt was carrying extra weight when he lost so my point stands as is.

Comment

Working...
                      X