No announcement yet.

Diaz Slams UFC!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    Yeah right...I'll have bailiff delivery it. This is pretty old news now and well known. BTW he did a post fight interview on Fox sports1..he said he does not have any other hobbies. Its his brother he used to do triathlons...maybe he still does bit I don't think Nate ever did. It was just a story created to help sell the fight and to try to play-down the fact that Nate wasn't training for it.

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/3/8/111...mcgregor-video
    So because he said so, it must be true.

Comment

Frank Mir is one fat phuck...my god, what a sloppy looking bum

Comment

Originally posted by LSKennedy View Post
        So because he said so, it must be true.
        So because you said that, it must be otherwise...what kind of bitch response is that supposed to be? He wasn't alone...he was with a group of people including Gilbert Melendez.
        Last edited by jaded; 03-20-2016, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
          but they weren't wrestling, they were fighting standing up. Plus you can't use wrestling as an excuse for gassing out, I've never seen a GSP gas out and he wrestles for 25 minutes straight.
          I was answering your MMa fighters get tired in general which many do and that's because of the grappling... fighters vary ,top guys usually don't gass because they are matured in the sport and experienced. Its also Connors first UFc fight at 170 so the extra weight plays a role if you are not accustomed to that weight and how to pace yourself.

Comment

LOL...that was BS...he was not training for a triathlon. He was in Cabo partying like a sailor...

you do realize he was in training camp for at least 2 weeks right?and confirmed he was training for a triatholon from what I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              I was answering your MMa fighters get tired in general which many do and that's because of the grappling... fighters vary ,top guys usually don't gass because they are matured in the sport and experienced. Its also Connors first UFc fight at 170 so the extra weight plays a role if you are not accustomed to that weight and how to pace yourself.
              What are you talking about? That means he didn't have to cut 25lbs of weight, that means his cardio would have been the best its ever been.

Comment

What were they supposed to do just instantly cut McGregor because he lost? It was a one off fight. He's still a champion in a different division.

Diaz has 10 losses and still gets big fights. Because the UFC knows your record doesn't always indicate how good you are. By his logic they should have given up on him several years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  you do realize he was in training camp for at least 2 weeks right?and confirmed he was training for a triathlon from what I understand.
                  He flew back and had a less than 10 day training camp...if you want to call that a training camp. Meanwhile Conor McGregor is in full training camp for the guy who beat Diaz...Rafael dos Anjos who is ranked no 2 after Jon Jones as P4P champion so McGregor was preparing for the fight of his life.

This is what his coach said...

“I think that he told Dana that really just to put them at ease, like, ‘Yeah, we’re in shape,’” Gonzalez said. “He can’t tell Dana, ‘I’m sitting here on the beach having a cocktail.’ You just can’t say that.

“So you can look at it that way – he needs to recover from his last fight so he can start training again and triathlon season is coming. So technically, yeah, but not exactly the way everybody spun it.” So right here...he's saying that he's in recovery mode from his last fight... doing R&R and that's part of the training phase LOL...he's careful not to make it look like Diaz lied to to Dana but it's pretty easy to see what he's saying.

When Gonzalez got a call from Diaz 10 days from the fight, on Feb. 24, he immediately invited Diaz to a local track to test his conditioning.

“I was worried,” he said. “He was worried. Everybody was concerned about his conditioning, especially the people around him.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/03/conditi...conor-mcgregor
                  Last edited by jaded; 03-22-2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

He flew back and had a less than 10 day training camp...if you want to call that a training camp. Meanwhile Conor McGregor is in full training camp for the guy who beat Diaz...Rafael dos Anjos who is ranked no 2 after Jon Jones as P4P champion so McGregor was preparing for the fight of his life.

This is what his coach said...

“I think that he told Dana that really just to put them at ease, like, ‘Yeah, we’re in shape,’” Gonzalez said. “He can’t tell Dana, ‘I’m sitting here on the beach having a cocktail.’ You just can’t say that.

“So you can look at it that way – he needs to recover from his last fight so he can start training again and triathlon season is coming. So technically, yeah, but not exactly the way everybody spun it.” So right here...he's saying that he's in recovery mode from his last fight... doing R&R and that's part of the training phase LOL...he's careful not to make it look like Diaz lied to to Dana but it's pretty easy to see what he's saying.

When Gonzalez got a call from Diaz 10 days from the fight, on Feb. 24, he immediately invited Diaz to a local track to test his conditioning.

“I was worried,” he said. “He was worried. Everybody was concerned about his conditioning, especially the people around him.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/03/conditi...conor-mcgregor
                    Dude why even try? Diaz is on record saying he was sick and in mexico 10 days before the fight.i can guarantee he had zero training maybe just a refresher and more focus on the weight cut the last 7 days. . Some people will only see what they want. And the fact of the matter is Diaz beat the **** out of McGregor with 10 days notice when McGregor had probably the best camp of his life and just wasnt good enough. So much for steak huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                      Conor really did sit down on his punches looking for the KO, but he wasn't exactly throwing punches non-stop and he gassed out after one round. Even light heavyweights with bad stamina like Shogun and Rumble Johnson last longer than that. That being said, it was really Diaz's punches that hurt Conor and forced him to go for the takedown which lead to him getting choked out.

Diaz is always in great shape, but Conor still had a full camp and didn't have to worry about cutting weight.
                      Who won the first round?

Comment

Working...
                      X