Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for whoever say Mcgregor vs Diaz: Did Mcgregor win 90% of the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for whoever say Mcgregor vs Diaz: Did Mcgregor win 90% of the fight?

I haven't had a chance to see the fight yet, only highlights, based off of the highlights it looks like Mcgregor basically to put it bluntly, kicked Diaz's ass for 90% of the fight, then Diaz got him on the ground and choked him out?

Am I correct in my assumptions? MMA loses aren't the same as boxing loses, a guy can beat a guy for 95% of the fight then get caught in a chokehold and lose.
    Last edited by Science; 03-07-2016, 02:46 AM.

Conor dominated the first round but the second round was where the tide changed. Diaz found his range and started to land a lot of those Stockton slap punches which threw off Conor's rhythm. Diaz eventually hurt Conor with some power punches and Conor looks legitimately hurt when Conor initiated the takedown. I would assume Conor wanted the fight on the mat because he was taking too many punches. Then Diaz submitted Conor.

Lots of respect for Conor being willing to fight bigger guys but when you watch the fight it's obvious that Conor cannot compete at welterweight.

Comment

McGregor dominated the 1st round, but he was loading up on all his shots and Nate was good enough to make him wiff quite a few. McGregor landed that left hand but Nate was able to absorb and keep coming. When McGregor slowed down Nate poured it on, stunned Conor, Conor panicked and took it to the ground which is what Nate wanted, like a fly into the spider's web.

Bottom line, Conor believed too much in his power and thought he'd take Nate out with it. He didn't fight tactical and blew his load and was overwhelmed. High credit to Nate and a hell of a fight and hell of a night.

McGregor said he'll go back to 145lb and defend his title against Edgar or Aldo. Rebuild his confidence and says he wants Nate to fight dos Anjos for the 155lb title and that they'd rematch. Thing is, 155lb is the toughest division in the sport. Good times ahead!

Comment

its a five round fight,diaz hurt connor in the second when he started to slow and diaz started to smoke,diaz is always a slow starter and if it went longer he would have eventually overwhelmed connor with punches too,he just got the choke and made it an early night,why not

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
          I haven't had a chance to see the fight yet, only highlights, based off of the highlights it looks like Mcgregor basically to put it bluntly, kicked Diaz's ass for 90% of the fight, then Diaz got him on the round and choked him out?

Am I correct in my assumptions? MMA loses aren't the same as boxing loses, a guy can beat a guy for 95% of the fight then get caught in a chokehold and lose.
          Manny Pacquiao was destroying Marquez in the last fight up until the very last seconds of Round 6, then got put to sleep.

Naseem Hamed was arguably losing against Kevin Kelly until he got aggressive.

Ruslan was beating the snot out of Algieri until Chris switched strategy.

Anything can happen in boxing same as anything can happen in MMA. It's just that MMA is much easier to make silly mistakes.

I compare McGregor/Diaz to Northcutt/Barbarena, honestly. Felt like deja vu. Except that Diaz was able to properly apply his submission.

Comment

Conor dominated round 1, opened up Nate, bloodied and bruised him up. That left was landing clean. I could tell he was seriously surprised when that left (first clean left that landed EARLY in round 1) landed first and it didn't look like it even affected Nate. That same left would have wobbled or ko'd other FW's.

Conor was also winning round 2 but Nate was doing better, he was pushing the pace more and didn't allow Conor to dominate the octagon like he did in the first. Conor tired, was taking it deep breaths because he was putting a lot in EVERY shot he threw. He fell in love with his power, he reminded me of how Naseem Hamed used to fight. Nate has very good endurance, look at his body type and look at Conors. Conor packed a lot of muscle on for this fight. Nate started to land his fair share but that stockton slap and then that left to Conors chin was the beginning of the end for Conor. He wobbled and after a few small exchanges, Diaz took him to the cage and knee'd him a few times, landed a left which hurt Conor again and then Conor tried going for the takedown, Nate reversed him, got mount, Conor tried to shake him off and then gave Diaz his back, Diaz choked him.

Conor should have taken it easier when he didn't ko him clean straight away, should have started to pick his shots more but when you're on top, high on confidence, it's hard to tell them to change what got them there.

Comment

Lol wtf 90% wtf

1st round wasnt dominated dude manage to cut him that was it, they both landed it was a fight

The problem for Mcgregor is that he fought somebody his size

Comment

Literally lol'ing

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                  Lol wtf 90% wtf

1st round wasnt dominated dude manage to cut him that was it, they both landed it was a fight

The problem for Mcgregor is that he fought somebody his size
                  I just saw highlights so far, looked like Mcgregor was hitting him at will with the left hand and Diaz was a bloody mess.

Comment

Seems like if Connor lands shots hes winning the match lol wtf, well that counts when its a technical fight, but that **** went out the window early, it was a fight, Diaz beat him in stand up he hurt him make him look like b1tch trying to take him down, beat him like a b1tch in the ground he wanted the fight stopped scratching Nate, ****en b1tch take ur ass whoopin like a man dont tap

Comment

Working...
                    X