Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nate Diaz steps in - McGregor fight at 170!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Diaz steps in - McGregor fight at 170!!

**** just got real!

This went from sugar to **** really quick. Those Diaz brothers are the Brandon Rioses of MMA.

Comment

Oh ****. I can't see Diaz asking McGregor any questions he can't answer, but it should be a fun lil standup battle while it lasts.

Comment

He's MMA's biggest star and he's letting Diaz pick the weight. I wish he were a boxer.

Comment

At 170 pounds this could backfire on Conor. Nate loves stand up and Conor is going to oblige but the problem is that at 170 pounds one wonders if Conor will carry his KO power up and if he can take multiple punches from a 170 pounder.

Conor is accustomed to always having a massive size and reach advantage. That advantage will be gone. The extra weight should also means he will be somewhat slower than usual. Don't be surprised if you see Nate outbox Conor...

Comment

Nate is also big enough to hold him down in the ground

I guess Conor does believe in his greatness

Comment

The Diaz Bros are the best thing that ever happened to Dana White. Look at all their stars that have come and gone but the Diaz bros are still around and get great ratings. When the Diaz brothers have a reach advantage on their opponents they win, no way does Conor want to go to the ground with Diaz either, that Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu combined with long limbs would be a nightmare for Conor. Im going with the homie from Stockton by surprise TKO or submission. #WARDIAZ #stocktonmotherf'er

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                Nate is also big enough to hold him down in the ground

I guess Conor does believe in his greatness
                Correct. I would rate Nate higher than Conor in terms of ground game and coupled with a size and weight advantage Conor is at a disadvantage on the ground.

I have a lot of respect for Conor - he has no fear and I think boxing can learn from this.

Comment

the trash talk in fight week will hopefully be unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
                    At 170 pounds this could backfire on Conor. Nate loves stand up and Conor is going to oblige but the problem is that at 170 pounds one wonders if Conor will carry his KO power up and if he can take multiple punches from a 170 pounder.

Conor is accustomed to always having a massive size and reach advantage. That advantage will be gone. The extra weight should also means he will be somewhat slower than usual. Don't be surprised if you see Nate outbox Conor...
                    If what you're saying becomes true then this fight is incredibly convenient for Connor. If he notices the weight is a problem against Diaz and still wins he can just drop back down and defend his title while avoiding RDA.

Comment

Working...
                    X