No announcement yet.

ufc 194 results.. my opinion..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ufc 194 results.. my opinion..

I'm just disapointed.. congrats to all the conor fans but didn't you guys want this fight to at least last longer?

The co-main event was a great fight and was everything I expected it to be. Yes the main event was too quick but it was definitive. Was a good card.

Comment

yes, awesome card no doubt. The co-main was a great fight but now looking back at it I think it should've been stopped at the end of the 3rd.. Weidman received too much punishment there. And I imagine that 9 times out of 10 ref would've stopped the fight in that same situation. The main event since I was rooting for Aldo it made me really disapointed.. But yea, good win for conor

Comment

Originally posted by southcentralcar View Post
        yes, awesome card no doubt. The co-main was a great fight but now looking back at it I think it should've been stopped at the end of the 3rd.. Weidman received too much punishment there. And I imagine that 9 times out of 10 ref would've stopped the fight in that same situation.
        Definitely agree with you there minus the should've stopped it part. I was thinking "oh **** oh **** oh **** he's gonna stop it" lol but he didn't stop it during that last 30 seconds or so when I've seen so many fights stopped in similar situations. I think he was giving him champion or championship courtesy there in a competitive fight. Thats basically what I was expecting Peter Quillin to get a week ago. I think its fine doe & I'm sure Weidman wanted that extra consideration at the time although he's probably not feeling so good about it today maybe.

As for McGregor vs Aldo I gotta figure 99.9% of the people watching wasn't expecting that outcome, but in MMA all kinds of nutty **** like that can happen. I suspect if they could fight 100 times last night would be the only time that particular quick outcome went down. It is what it is doe.

I really have no desire to see a rematch with how dominate & quick that outcome went down & while I haven't watched the presser yet to get any clues of if a rematch is in the cards, who's McGregor gots next @ 145 or if he's going up to 155 now cuz he looks like death @ weigh ins I think I'm kinda hoping Cerrone wins the 155 belt & he's on McGregor's radar next or soon.

Comment

Originally posted by southcentralcar View Post
          yes, awesome card no doubt. The co-main was a great fight but now looking back at it I think it should've been stopped at the end of the 3rd.. Weidman received too much punishment there. And I imagine that 9 times out of 10 ref would've stopped the fight in that same situation. The main event since I was rooting for Aldo it made me really disapointed.. But yea, good win for conor
          Referee definitely should've stopped the fight at the end of the previous round. Weidman took too much damage. If I was in his corner I would not have have sent him out for another round.

Comment

Holloway looked good. I thought Maia looked like a beast in what I thought would be a close and competitive fight.

I wanna see a Jacare-Romero rematch. It was close, but I thought Jacare won.

And I agree, late stoppage by Herb Dean on the co-main. Weidman was given the benefit of the doubt, but never came close to recovering and was dazed until he was stopped in the 4th. Took a lot of unnecessary punishment. Rockhold's kicks looked a lot harder than Weidman's and Rockhold's ground game looked amazing.

Aldo has been my favorite fighter since 2010. It was really heartbreaking seeing him lose the way he did. Conor is the man, nothing but respect. Don't think I've ever seen an ATG champ like Aldo get ko'd so quickly while still being on top. Reminds me of Ali's phantom punch on Liston and Tarver ko'ing Roy. But 13 seconds doe!

That's why we love boxing and MMA. So exciting, and unpredictable. I rooted for Holm to knockout Rousey and Aldo to ko McGregor. We can't always get what we want as fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Definitely agree with you there minus the should've stopped it part. I was thinking "oh **** oh **** oh **** he's gonna stop it" lol but he didn't stop it during that last 30 seconds or so when I've seen so many fights stopped in similar situations. I think he was giving him champion or championship courtesy there in a competitive fight. Thats basically what I was expecting Peter Quillin to get a week ago. I think its fine doe & I'm sure Weidman wanted that extra consideration at the time although he's probably not feeling so good about it today maybe.

As for McGregor vs Aldo I gotta figure 99.9% of the people watching wasn't expecting that outcome, but in MMA all kinds of nutty **** like that can happen. I suspect if they could fight 100 times last night would be the only time that particular quick outcome went down. It is what it is doe.

I really have no desire to see a rematch with how dominate & quick that outcome went down & while I haven't watched the presser yet to get any clues of if a rematch is in the cards, who's McGregor gots next @ 145 or if he's going up to 155 now cuz he looks like death @ weigh ins I think I'm kinda hoping Cerrone wins the 155 belt & he's on McGregor's radar next or soon.
              I actually didn't want it to be stopped at that time too, because I was rooting for Weidman.. But later I just really felt sry for him.. I was also glad to see how happy Rockhold was. I like them both a lot. And Aldo vs Mcgregor dang I was just SHOCKED and very disapointed. I think mcgregor is gonna fight frankie edgar next

Comment

Was also rooting for Aldo. I think Conor's mind games got to him - was out of character to see Aldo rush in so reckless at the start of a fight. Left himself wide open and was similar to Rousey rushing Holly Holm. Except that Conor has one punch KO power.

I've been a long time Rockhold fan since Strikeforce days so was happy to see him win.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  Holloway looked good. I thought Maia looked like a beast in what I thought would be a close and competitive fight.

I wanna see a Jacare-Romero rematch. It was close, but I thought Jacare won.

And I agree, late stoppage by Herb Dean on the co-main. Weidman was given the benefit of the doubt, but never came close to recovering and was dazed until he was stopped in the 4th. Took a lot of unnecessary punishment. Rockhold's kicks looked a lot harder than Weidman's and Rockhold's ground game looked amazing.

Aldo has been my favorite fighter since 2010. It was really heartbreaking seeing him lose the way he did. Conor is the man, nothing but respect. Don't think I've ever seen an ATG champ like Aldo get ko'd so quickly while still being on top. Reminds me of Ali's phantom punch on Liston and Tarver ko'ing Roy. But 13 seconds doe!

That's why we love boxing and MMA. So exciting, and unpredictable. I rooted for Holm to knockout Rousey and Aldo to ko McGregor. We can't always get what we want as fans.
                  And Im not even a huge Aldo fan I just dislike mcgregors personality and really wanted to see him lose lol.. But it was still so hard to watch.. And Maia is a beast on the ground.. I remember how when Nelson fought other opponents joe rogan would always talk about his ground skills but this fight proves that Maia is just on another level then everyone else

Comment

On a couple of MMA forums, people were "Congratulating Rockhold despite him being a scumbag!!"

I might have missed something along the way but what's Rockhold done to be labelled a scumbag?

Comment

Working...
                    X