No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor: The Greatest of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    What is it about UFC fighters that makes fans completely and utterly lose their minds more than any other sport? The hype is on an entirely different level than anywhere else. People literally go bat**** insane after a few wins. It's ****ing an embarrassment.

Rousey was the greatest, most dominant athlete ever (not even just female according to some losers, but the most dominant athlete, male or female, ever) according to some UFC people, now Connor after beating his first great fighter (who coincidentally was coming off the longest forced lay off of his career due to injuries) and you've got morons calling him the greatest ever already?

Aldo himself reigned for ten years straight without a loss over what will surely be one of the greatest featherweight eras for a long time to come. Right now, Conor doesn't even come remotely close to that level of greatness. That's not even going into GSP, Silva, Fedor, etc. Calm the **** down. Wait at least a few years.
    Seems like I hear about a new "GOAT" MMA fighter every year or two. How many GOAT's have there been in the past 7-10 years? It's crazy. Any time someone comes along and dominates a few fights in a row? GOAT!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Seems like I hear about a new "GOAT" MMA fighter every year or two. How many GOAT's have there been in the past 7-10 years? It's crazy. Any time someone comes along and dominates a few fights in a row? GOAT!!!!!
        Absolutely, it's complete madness and the whole MMA fraternity run with it like nothing else. I just don't understand how anyone versed in the history of MMA and fighting in general can lose their minds time and time again after such short periods of time and having nearly always seen what became of the previous one they were calling the GOAT. Are their memories that short? Do they forget that the last nine people they'd jumped on the GOAT wagon with all got KTFO, or beaten up, or disappeared, or just weren't that great.

It's like a bunch of kids that run into a candy store and get so overwhelmed they just flip out and lose their minds with excitement or something.

Did anyone read that **** Whites reason for giving Rousey a rematch but basically telling Aldo to **** off? He said that 'Well, Ronda hadn't lost and she was the only champion the UFC had ever had so she deserves it'. This, despite being humiliatingly outclassed, beat up, and then KTFO even worse.

Did he suddenly forget that Aldo hadn't lost in ten years, nearly three times as long as Rousey has been in the UFC? Did he forget that Aldo has also reigned as the UFCs only champion, in a much, much, much harder, deeper division for way longer than Rousey? Did he forget that Aldo was also the number 1 fighter in the entire sport?

Urgh I can't stand that ****. The most deserving champion of a rematch out of every single great champ that's lost recently, on the same level as Silva, is the only one not to get an immediate rematch and be told basically that he's got to wait. **** that guy.

Comment

Brock Lesnar in his prime would have destroyed him.

Comment

According to some UFC broadcasters, Chris Wiedman was the greatest of all-time

Comment

Absolutely, it's complete madness and the whole MMA fraternity run with it like nothing else. I just don't understand how anyone versed in the history of MMA and fighting in general can lose their minds time and time again after such short periods of time and having nearly always seen what became of the previous one they were calling the GOAT. Are their memories that short? Do they forget that the last nine people they'd jumped on the GOAT wagon with all got KTFO, or beaten up, or disappeared, or just weren't that great.

It's like a bunch of kids that run into a candy store and get so overwhelmed they just flip out and lose their minds with excitement or something.

Did anyone read that **** Whites reason for giving Rousey a rematch but basically telling Aldo to **** off? He said that 'Well, Ronda hadn't lost and she was the only champion the UFC had ever had so she deserves it'. This, despite being humiliatingly outclassed, beat up, and then KTFO even worse.

Did he suddenly forget that Aldo hadn't lost in ten years, nearly three times as long as Rousey has been in the UFC? Did he forget that Aldo has also reigned as the UFCs only champion, in a much, much, much harder, deeper division for way longer than Rousey? Did he forget that Aldo was also the number 1 fighter in the entire sport?

Urgh I can't stand that ****. The most deserving champion of a rematch out of every single great champ that's lost recently, on the same level as Silva, is the only one not to get an immediate rematch and be told basically that he's got to wait. **** that guy.
              And then after they lose they completely write them off and say they were ALWAYS bums : Tim Silvia, Chuck Liddel, Brock Lesnar, Ronda Rousey.

By the way, did the OP say Tank Abbot?
              Last edited by res; 12-15-2015, 11:15 AM.

Comment

All you Conor fan boys will wake up soon enough, if anybody deserves a another shot it's Aldo, that was one punch and I believe Conor got lucky there but Aldo gets no rematch. Rousey on the other hand shows she has no game except a big mouth and mean mug but she's gets a rematch, she took a total ass kicking and was absolutely outclassed through out. I can wait for the Rousey rematch, the longer it takes and the more they talk up Rousey the sweeter it will be when she takes another brutal beating from Holly Holm

I am tired of the fanboys who collectively call everyone who wins a few and has a big mouth is the greatest mma fighter in the world. I personally like Conor but he will fall soon and we'll suddenly have another greatest MMA fighter.

Comment

It's usually hardcore fanboys, UFC's marketing (Rogan, etc.) and casuals who jump the gun on labeling a certain fighter GOAT.

Only Fedor and Anderson Silva can be mentioned as the GOAT without ridicule. Maybe GSP.

Yeah man, that's total hypocrisy regarding the treatment of Rousey and Aldo. If the losses were reversed, Rousey would still get an immediate rematch and Aldo would get snubbed for "getting outclassed and dominated for two rounds." :smh

And White at a recent press conference mentioned that Rousey will be back and "she just got caught". Isn't that the case with Aldo? lol

I wish White would just say Aldo isn't as big of a draw and Rousey has mainstream crossover appeal which makes his pockets fatter. Rousey moves the needle (and the little one between his legs).

Comment

These are the potential candidate for GOAT. I'll give 2 trillion points to whoever find Anderson Silva in those candidates.

Last edited by led; 12-15-2015, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                      These are the potential candidate for GOAT. I'll give 2 trillion points to whoever find Anderson Silva in those candidates.

fifth one from the right. Pay up!

Comment

Working...
                      X