Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody watching the McGregor vs Aldo fight on Saturday???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    It sucks when it's over before the fighters have even warmed up, as that doesn't really tell the true story in a funny way. Of course you can't argue with a one punch KO, but when it's a freak one like that when they're still cold, it doesn't show anything proper.

Anyway, I'm bummed. Aldo was such an amazing fighter for so long, one of MMAs truest greats and to see him lose like this after such a long build up, coming off injuries and long lay offs, he'll get written off as nothing.
    Ehhhh. I mean one of the brutal parts of losing, in particular by stoppage, in combat sports is its like getting your balls cut off in public or something f#cked up & humiliating like that on Saturday night. Its shocking to everyone on some level when a long standing champion gets dethroned, but by Wednesday the reasonable fans can still take it for what it was, just being 2nd best on one night in their long career.

It took years for Aldo to get where he is, you can't really take it away in one fight one night, however long it lasted. Aldo is/was a great fighter/legend in the game & McGregor even said the same in his interview with Rogan.

Comment

I wanted at least 1 round

Comment

It was Mcgregors boxing that won it, he timed it easy

Aldo with his chin exposed, Aldo was a great, but these UFC fighters need to learn boxing

Comment

I feel robbed. I didn't even get to enjoy a minute of that. You wait for something for a year if not years, and this is what it comes down to? Again, robbed is the feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Jose "Nite Nite" Aldo. Wooooooow.

Irish cats beating decade long champs like nuttin lately in combat sports.

Must say that was impressive as f#ck but was anticlimatic cuz it was over so quick. I was expected 2-3 rounds before someone got put to sleep.
            i knew mcgregor would win in this fashion I even betted on it.

Comment

I love Aldo. He's a calm, respectable, monster of a fighter, but this was just breath taking. This one man, Conor, has taken an entire sport by the balls and said 'this belongs to me'. It's Hollywood movie stuff. Just unbelievable.

Comment

The timing and precision of that counter left was a thing of beauty.

Say what you will, but I maintain Aldo was afraid of this fight for this very reason. He pulled out first time with an 'injury' despite being medically cleared and that told me enough.

Too big, too powerful, too good.

Comment

That was insane. What a statement by McGregor. No matter how much Aldo has watched McGregor over the past 12 months, he had no idea that sort of power was coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
                    The entire fight in one gif

WAR McGreGOAT
                    Wtf was Aldo doing

Good ko though

Comment

• I was expecting a late KO (like 3rd round or so) ... Nice shot but too fast of a fight to mean anything really...

Stuff happens even to greatests and it was in no way comparable to the punishment Rosey took against Holmes...

Expect to see a rematch deal soon...

Comment

Working...
                      X