No announcement yet.

Shamrock vs slice tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    No way Ken would lose to Tank Abbot, even on purpose.
    I meant Kimbo vs Abbot rematch...not Shamrock.

Comment

I could see them doing that. They'll probably have Slice also against some strikers for some good slugfests in Bellator.

Ken claims it's not fixed and I'm not sure it is but why the hell would he let go of that rear choke hold? I could see if he wanted to adjust his position, but that doesn't mean you let go entirely. I guess at 51 he had a senior moment. Ken should either fight another old timer like Royce or his brother or just stay retired this time, as his previous fight was 2010.

Comment

I could see them doing that. They'll probably have Slice also against some strikers for some good slugfests in Bellator.

Ken claims it's not fixed and I'm not sure it is but why the hell would he let go of that rear choke hold? I could see if he wanted to adjust his position, but that doesn't mean you let go entirely. I guess at 51 he had a senior moment. Ken should either fight another old timer like Royce or his brother or just stay retired this time, as his previous fight was 2010.
        The only kind of senior moment he had was that of him thinking of his retirement pension and what is he supposed to say..."yeah...it was fixed"? Kimbo's last opponent was paid not to take him down and KO'd him anyways in a few seconds...his hypes are an old story. Kimbo probably couldn't beat a 70 year old version of Shamrock unless he was paid to lose. Kimbo was just a promotion off the internet. During the Ultimate Fighter series we got to see how useless he was.

Don't forget Ken Shamrock had a stint in the WWF...he's experienced at faking it from way back. Really...if Kimbo wants make any money he should learn how memorialize dialogue and join the WWF while he still can market himself. I have said that all along about him. He might be able to parlez that into an acting a career of sorts...but real boxing and MMA is NOT his forte.

Comment

Seth Petruzelli was paid not to take him down? Where did you hear this? Got a source? That actually wouldn't surprise me, nor would this fight being fixed. I take it Kimbo has a long term contract with Bellator then and Shamrock was only signed for this one fight? If it was fixed, Ken shoulda just won and went out with a win. And if it was, he should've done an ankle lock while making that angry face he used to in the WWF. That would've worked better for me.

I really hope Ken doesn't fight again.

Comment

Seth Petruzelli was paid not to take him down? Where did you hear this? Got a source? That actually wouldn't surprise me, nor would this fight being fixed. I take it Kimbo has a long term contract with Bellator then and Shamrock was only signed for this one fight? If it was fixed, Ken shoulda just won and went out with a win. And if it was, he should've done an ankle lock while making that angry face he used to in the WWF. That would've worked better for me.

I really hope Ken doesn't fight again.
            http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...elitexc-assets

EliteXC also had a television broadcasting deal with the CBS network, which allowed it to reach millions of homes across the USA via its ‘Saturday Night Fights’ show.

But it all went wrong when the company was accused of corruption in the wake of Kimbo Slice’s knockout loss to Seth Petruzelli at EliteXC: Heat.

Petruzelli was brought in as a last-minute replacement for Ken Shamrock and revealed in the days following the fight that he had been paid a bonus not to take Slice - a newcomer to MMA - down to the floor.

EliteXC attempted to dispute this, but their explanations proved unconvincing and CBS promptly dropped the show.

http://www.mmamania.com/2008/10/06/s...mbo-slice-down

After this fiasco became public CBS dropped Elite XC.

If it was fixed he likely would have been paid a portion discretely rather than via contract. Shamrock would not have been paid had he not followed through so I don't think that would have worked out for him.
            Last edited by jaded; 07-04-2015, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Holy crap. Well, like I said, I'm not surprised.

Comment

So what do you think Ken got? A few million?

Comment

So what do you think Ken got? A few million?
                  You're kidding...LOL. He'd have been lucky to get 50K.

Here's an interesting read for you.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/kimbo...-a-fixed-fight

I'm amazed at how many people watch stuff like this and and 62 year old Mickey Rourke pretend to box and can't tell it's staged and get excited about what they saw.
                  Last edited by jaded; 07-06-2015, 10:37 PM.

Comment

If that's all he got, what's the point of throwing a fight? To me, that's not worth it unless you're set for life. Oh yeah, heard about the Mickey Rourke fight. That doesn't surprise me either. Damn, that guy did NOT age well. Hell of an actor though. My favorite line was the one that lady said on Twitter, about I hope that paid for electricity and water in Ken's trailer for taking that dive haha. He might as well go back to pro wrestling in Japan or training fighters. When you have sons in their 20s, maybe it's time to hang up the gloves Ken.

Speaking of shady fights, remember in the early '90s when Mark Gastineau fought a pro wrestler in a boxing match? I remember he was a star in some independent promotion at the time and even read about it in Pro Wrestling Illustrated then haha. The things a guy will do for a few extra bucks.

How long is Slice signed to Bellator for?
                    Last edited by Anthony342; 07-08-2015, 05:35 AM.

Comment

If that's all he got, what's the point of throwing a fight? To me, that's not worth it unless you're set for life. Oh yeah, heard about the Mickey Rourke fight. That doesn't surprise me either. Damn, that guy did NOT age well. Hell of an actor though. My favorite line was the one that lady said on Twitter, about I hope that paid for electricity and water in Ken's trailer for taking that dive haha. He might as well go back to pro wrestling in Japan or training fighters. When you have sons in their 20s, maybe it's time to hang up the gloves Ken.
                      I don't know what he got...I'm just guessing. But I'm pretty sure it was more or less 50K. Hey when you need money 50K is a lot...what else is he going to do for 50K?

Speaking of shady fights, remember in the early '90s when Mark Gastineau fought a pro wrestler in a boxing match? I remember he was a star in some independent promotion at the time and even read about it in Pro Wrestling Illustrated then haha. The things a guy will do for a few extra bucks.

How long is Slice signed to Bellator for?
                      Back in the day CBS 60 Minutes did an exposé on Mark Gastineau's boxing career. It was all fake...they interviewed the guys he fought and they all owned up. The best part was their one guy who decided that he was not going to follow the plan and fought Gastineau to win. They showed some of the match and when the guy hit Gastineau he looked over at the referee as if to say "what's going on here...this guy is really hitting me!" The next thing you know down goes Gastineau. It was pretty funny.

I don't know or couldn't care less what kind of deal Kimbo got.

Shannon Briggs has been doing a lot of pretend fighting lately with his string of KO's...and he's trying to use them to set up a big money Klitchlko fight. Some people are pretty excited about Brigg's fake streak also.
                      Last edited by jaded; 07-08-2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X