Collapse
No announcement yet.

hyped for UFC 188!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtf was up with Cain, I am not taking anything away from Werdum, but Cain's head was bobbling when he was just moving(his head would bobble when just throwing kick) I have never seen anything like that before. Why didn't he at least tuck his chin in?

I expected a close fight, but man I was not ready for Werdum to completely outclass Cain on his feet, he was hitting Cain at will. Is it me or did Velasquez look terrible? Maybe Werdum looked great and he made Velasquez look like that, but I don't know. Decent fight while it lasted, kind of sloppy though.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      Cain was actually more active than Werdum with attempted strikes I believe, he's just making excuses because he got his ass kicked for calling Werdum a fake champion. He lost in every aspect of the game. I loved every second of it.
      But his punches may have lost steam if he was sluggish. He clearly had something wrong with him with the drunkish look he had. I'm not sure it was all down to the shots Werdum was landing.

Comment

Originally posted by LSKennedy View Post
        But his punches may have lost steam if he was sluggish. He clearly had something wrong with him with the drunkish look he had. I'm not sure it was all down to the shots Werdum was landing.
        While I'm sure the altitude had an effect on Cain's cardio as it did some of the other fighters on the undercard, he was taking hard shots from the opening bell and his face was a mess before the 1st round was even over.

I can't argue that Werdum's striking took Cain out of his game. He did look sluggish, but didn't stop throwing punches and applying pressure like he usually does.

I think even at sea level, Werdum would give Cain a beating. Cain was going for takedowns because he was taking too much damage, not because he was tired.

Comment

You know why Cain looked soo "off"? Because this is the first time ever that he did not dare to wrestle-f4ck his opponent. He has always relied on takedowns with his active ground and pound to wear opponents out, but Werdum is the best BJJ HW ever so Cain was forced to be a kickboxer and like we've seen in the first JDS fight, he is far from a top striker. Werdum is bigger, longer range and reach and just a better striker.

Werdum is a terrible styles mismatch for Cain, this would probably always happen. JDS on the other hand still matches up well with this Werdum, he could actually become champ again.

Comment

Cain was actually more active than Werdum with attempted strikes I believe, he's just making excuses because he got his ass kicked for calling Werdum a fake champion. He lost in every aspect of the game. I loved every second of it.
            “I was here for two weeks before the fight, but there’s no excuses,” a battered, humbled Velasquez told the assembled press. “Nothing was wrong. Fabricio was the better man tonight.”

“There are no excuses,” he repeated. “Fabricio was the better man.”

Comment

You know why Cain looked soo "off"? Because this is the first time ever that he did not dare to wrestle-f4ck his opponent. He has always relied on takedowns with his active ground and pound to wear opponents out, but Werdum is the best BJJ HW ever so Cain was forced to be a kickboxer and like we've seen in the first JDS fight, he is far from a top striker. Werdum is bigger, longer range and reach and just a better striker.

Werdum is a terrible styles mismatch for Cain, this would probably always happen. JDS on the other hand still matches up well with this Werdum, he could actually become champ again.
              Bro Cain did most of his damage in the clinch vs. Dos Santos in the 2 and 3 rd fight. He also scored a knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                Bro Cain did most of his damage in the clinch vs. Dos Santos in the 2 and 3 rd fight. He also scored a knockdown.
                Dos Santos doesn't have a clinch game. Werdum does, he wrecks people with Thai clinch knees. Cain=****ed vs Werdum.

Comment

Cain layoff didn't help, but Werdum took him to church. I think if Cain had a tuneup it might have been a little closer, but he never would be able to gnp werdum out cause he'd be too busy avoiding getting a limb caught. War Werdum.

Comment

Dos Santos doesn't have a clinch game. Werdum does, he wrecks people with Thai clinch knees. Cain=****ed vs Werdum.
                    Yeah stylistically it was a tough fight for Cain

Comment

Last time Cain lost he had a year lay off that was to JDS,he came back and smashed him...he had nearly a two year lay off this time,he will do the same in a rematch.Cain is still the better fighter,Werdums current busy fighting is what won over not because hes the better fighter......very quickly most forget that the UFc title has not been defended more than 2 times by a single champ in its history,and that's because usually of injuries like this.,coming back from 2 years to fight an elite fighter is always dangerous ,I don't see how anyone can actually count Cain out when the circumastances are just that...a 2 year lay off,im not really sure ppl know what they are talking about ,in MMA even a 3 month to 6 months off can dull your edge,if you haven't fought for awhile.

Again a UFC champ has never been able to defend the title more than 2 times without losing..that's insane!My moneys on Cain in a rematch.....if he gets it.I watched the fight 3 times..Cain easily won the first round the second was close,and the third he made a sloppy takedown and it was over....don't see where Cain got his butt handed to him,unless you are listening to rogan while watching this.
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-14-2015, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X