No announcement yet.

Any Wrestlers here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Wrestlers here?

I am new here, I have been a member of a big MMA site for years but talking boxing there is like talking MMA here from the looks of it.

Anyway is there any other collage or high school wrestlers in the house?

it's college

Comment

Originally posted by AnnunakiJesus View Post
      it's college
      Damn bro thanks!

And all of this time I had it wrong, no wonder I always had problems during finals,lol

And I guess they don't have auto correct on iPads up in Heaven huh Jesus?
      Last edited by 2fast2strong; 09-04-2014, 07:28 PM.

Comment

I like me some wrestling. What's your signature move? How about entrance music and attire you wear to the mat? Back suplex and power bomb I like myself.

Comment

Ever watch the Olympics? Gold medalist Henry Cejudo is making his MMA debut with UFC at some point. What about Real Pro Wrestling? I was into that show for a while too, until it was cancelled and I became more of an MMA fan.
          Last edited by Anthony342; 09-06-2014, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Does strutting around the room like Ric Flair every time I win at street fighter count?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Ever watch the Olympics? Gold medalist Henry Cejudo is making his MMA debut with UFC at some point. What about Rel Pro Wrestling? I was into that show for a while too, until it was cancelled and I became more of an MMA fan.
              Yes man I loved RealPro Wrestling I thought is was a cool ideal but it could not compete with the fake stuff, I was pretty young when it came out me and my dad would watch it but nobody else would, lol

And I don't know how well Henry will do but I think wrestling is the best base for MMA, I know I might get some flack from some Jitsu guys here but almost all of the champs in the UFC now come from a wrestling background

I think I will give MMA a try also, I've been working on my striking for about 5 years now and I had some Jitsu lessons but that got to be a little expensive for my budget but I am a Division 1 wrestler and after I graduate I will have more time and money to train.

And yes I have never missed an Olympic competition as long as I can remember, the summer games that is, the winter games do nothing for me
              Last edited by 2fast2strong; 09-05-2014, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Well the guys got some medals in the last Olympics too, I think even a gold. I usually watch it online, since they don't often televise it these days. So no entrance music or finishing moves for you then? I'd go with Enter Sandman and the power bomb myself, like Rampage did in Pride or a slam, like Kaufman in Strikeforce or Frank Shamrock or Hughes have pulled off in fights.

And if you're getting into MMA, you need to know at least submission wrestling, if you're not taking jiu jitsu.
                Last edited by Anthony342; 09-06-2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Well the guys got some medals in the last Olympics too, I think even a gold. I usually watch it online, since they don't often televise it these days. So no entrance music or finishing moves for you then? I'd go with Enter Sandman and the power bomb myself, like Rampage did in Pride or a slam, like Kaufman in Strikeforce or Frank Shamrock or Hughes have pulled off in fights.

And if you're getting into MMA, you need to know at least submission wrestling, if you're not taking jiu jitsu.
                  I got a pretty good single leg sweep, crossface, cradle and Granby Roll.

I have been practicing Catch wrestling for a while because The Warmaster Barnett was my favorite fighter when i was younger.

As for music i like *The Realest Sport*

Comment

Nice. I mean hell, even Loudin Swain had entrance music in Vision Quest. Okay, I guess that was technically background music. Nah, wrestling is a good base, you won't get too much flack, because if you have someone in a sprawl, you can still lift and throw them or even slam them, which isn't even legal in wrestling. So if you're a wrestler, can you tell me why so many of these wrestlers run out of gas before the final round in MMA? Submission fighters too.

Oh yeah, one more thing. If you haven't seen it already, check out the ESPN 30 for 30 called The Streak, about Brandon High School in Tampa, Florida that had an over 40 year winning streak of team victories in high school wrestling. They talk to past alums and the current coach and team members that try to keep the streak alive. A kid's grandmother even had T-Shirts for every milestone win, like 200-0 or 20th, 30th anniversary, etc. Good stuff, if you like wrestling. Doesn't ESPN and ESPN 2 also show the college finals sometimes? I know locally here on Long Island, we have MSG Varsity which shows high school wrestling.

Were you a fan of Matt Hughes?

Comment

Working...
                    X