No announcement yet.

Any Wrestlers here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Nice. I mean hell, even Loudin Swain had entrance music in Vision Quest. Okay, I guess that was technically background music. Nah, wrestling is a good base, you won't get too much flack, because if you have someone in a sprawl, you can still lift and throw them or even slam them, which isn't even legal in wrestling. So if you're a wrestler, can you tell me why so many of these wrestlers run out of gas before the final round in MMA? Submission fighters too.

Oh yeah, one more thing. If you haven't seen it already, check out the ESPN 30 for 30 called The Streak, about Brandon High School in Tampa, Florida that had an over 40 year winning streak of team victories in high school wrestling. They talk to past alums and the current coach and team members that try to keep the streak alive. A kid's grandmother even had T-Shirts for every milestone win, like 200-0 or 20th, 30th anniversary, etc. Good stuff, if you like wrestling. Doesn't ESPN and ESPN 2 also show the college finals sometimes? I know locally here on Long Island, we have MSG Varsity which shows high school wrestling.

Were you a fan of Matt Hughes?
    Yes is saw that 30 for 30 on The Streak, I am a wrestling fanatic.

Because of my dad I have been wrestling all of my life, he was a Oklahoma State wrestler when he was young.

And yes sometimes ESPN covers the finals, but I mostly get my wrestling fix on YouTube, I love watching the Russian National Wrestling Program.

I think the reason a lot of grapplers gas in the final rounds is because they are not as relaxed as they would normally be just grappling because they have to contend with the punches, and of course punches coming is not something grapplers are use to dealing with.

I respected Hughes but I really was not a fan, I did not like his attitude for some reason

And Vision Quest is my Favorite move of all time

And my favorite MMA fighter of all time is without a doubt is Randy "The Natural" Couture, and he looks at lot like my dad, lol
    Last edited by 2fast2strong; 09-08-2014, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Then I take it you've seen Couture in the Expendables movies. Okay, one more question. What kind of suplexes are most common in real wrestling?

I'd love to see someone try an RKO in a real match haha. I mean hell, Koscheck once piledrove a guy in a fight he had won on the scorecards, so why not, or maybe a powerslam.

Comment

I was a Silva Head and Fedor Maniac when those were running wild though.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          I was a Silva Head and Fedor Maniac when those were running wild though.
          Yes me too, Silva was the most impressive to me because he was a striker which I am not *but I am working on it* so his fights were very entertaining to me because you always had the felling that someone was going to get wrecked in spectacular fashion.

His fight with Forrest was the most unreal MMA fight I have ever seen, straight out of The Matrix.

The most common suplex is from the kneeling position because in college wrestling a standing back suplex like in my avatar is illegal.

Comment

So that would be some kind of front underhook, belly to belly or belly to back I imagine. Silva was also a grappler, seemed to use it more earlier in his career, had a hell of a body triangle with those strong legs of his.

Comment

Working...
            X