No announcement yet.

Dana White's crush on Rousey blocking showdown with Cyborg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White's crush on Rousey blocking showdown with Cyborg

I knew that Dana had a crush on Rousey for a while now but after reading this article, it is crystal clear that he is protecting Rousey from Cyborg. He constantly talks about not signing her because she tested positive the one time. He says (with no proof at all) that Cyborg has been doping for years, even though she only tested positive once. He says all of this in regards to Cyborg and meanwhile, has absolutely no problems with signing Josh Barnett, who has tested positive a total of 3 times in his career. Stephan Bonnar has also pissed hot multiple times, as well as a slew of other current UFC fighters but when it comes to Cyborg, signing her would be "bad for the business because she is a known steroid user". What a fucking joke. Its kind of sad that Dana is normally all for the superfights but he is the one standing in the way of making this fight happen.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/24...ce-looked-like

I haven't followed MMA lately but if this is true then hopefully Dana White doesn't turn into another Bob Arum & start protecting his cash cows.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
      I haven't followed MMA lately but if this is true then hopefully Dana White doesn't turn into another Bob Arum & start protecting his cash cows.
      Unfortunately, thats exactly whats happening. The only meaningful fight in WMMA and he's constantly trying to downplay it and take people's sights off of it. If this fight ever happens, Rousey would get mauled and with her being the current cash cow, the UFC wouldnt rake in nearly as much money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Senormous View Post
        Unfortunately, thats exactly whats happening. The only meaningful fight in WMMA and he's constantly trying to downplay it and take people's sights off of it. If this fight ever happens, Rousey would get mauled and with her being the current cash cow, the UFC wouldnt rake in nearly as much money.
        Damn, that's not good at all. UFC is supposed to be the competitor to boxing and Dana not letting this fight happen would hurt him in the long run imo. We'll see what happens within this year.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
          Damn, that's not good at all. UFC is supposed to be the competitor to boxing and Dana not letting this fight happen would hurt him in the long run imo. We'll see what happens within this year.
          I know right? This whole WMMA angle (minus the fights that matter) that dana is taking is probably the reason why so many MMA fans have lost interest and switched their attention back to boxing. Just watched Klitschko knock out that tomato can from Australia, now setting my sights on the Mayweather/ Maidana showdown.

Comment

I know right? This whole WMMA angle (minus the fights that matter) that dana is taking is probably the reason why so many MMA fans have lost interest and switched their attention back to boxing. Just watched Klitschko knock out that tomato can from Australia, now setting my sights on the Mayweather/ Maidana showdown.
            Exactly, it's getting crazy. I haven't seen the Wlad fight yet but then again I haven't seen one in years since he's been fighting bums although it's not entirely his fault since the HW division sucks anyway. I'm also looking forward to the May-Maidana showdown; should be a great one.

Comment

lol. Dana White is just promoting this eventual showdown and you guys are playing right into his hands. This thread is exactly why Dana said what he said. Now people are talking about Cyborg and she is getting some press. Cyborg wins 1 or 2 fights at 135 and I guarantee UFC will sign her, and her first fight will be against Rousey.

Comment

He better sign her or else he will look even phonier and more hypocritical than he has in the past.

Comment

Where did you see the latest Wlad fight? On TV or online?

Comment

They are not going to sign cyborg. Can you imagine Ronda losing? Dana the egg would spit his dummy out and cut the whole women's division.

The sad thing it is what I just said could happen, he's that stupid.

Comment

Working...
                    X