Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm so hyped for GSP-Hendricks, biggest fight of the year imo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol at Reem being untouchable

i think Hendricks wins the fight, but we all know how great is GSP on his strategy to win decisions

hopefully the undercard fights are good, cause neither of the fights excite me
    Last edited by TX_BOXNG; 10-21-2013, 09:36 PM.

Comment

People put too much stock in wrestling creds. MMA is a different sport. GSP has taken down and out grappled the best before and I don't see Hendrincks being any different. He's a lot like Koscheck in that he's got a good wrestling cred but he's mostly just a wind up and throw a big punch type guy. GSP will jab him and take him down to the tune of a five round decision. There's just nothing new to Hendricks that we haven't seen GSP beat before.

Comment

I think this will be a borefest with GSP playing it safe whole fight for a decision.

Comment

GSP is not the same wrestler as he was before the injury. His takedowns especially have suffered the most. Nick Diaz of all people was stuffing some of his takedowns. He has aged in every way, lost some of his athletic ability and his face has been destroyed several times in recent years so the scar tissue will cause more problems against Hendricks once he gets tagged. If I'm wrong and he looks better than ever and wins I'll be shocked.

Comment

At -225 I'd put the house on GSP. Why? Because this is going to be a five round fight, and Johnny boy was CLEARLY gassing against Condit in the 3rd round of their fight.

Unless, Hendricks can get to GSP's chin early, this fight isn't going his way. I'll say GSP by decision either 3-2 or 4-1. We know GSP's stamina is never in doubt. We cannot say the same for Johnny Hendricks.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
              3 time state wrestling champion
              2005 NCAA Division I Champion
              2006 NCAA Division I Champion
              2007 NCAA Division I 2nd place(his finals loss was his only one that year)
              4-time all-American
              3-time Big 12 champion

As great a wrestler GSP is, I think Hendricks is the way better wrestler. GSP had trouble taking Diaz down after the 3rd round of their fight. Diaz stuffed a couple of his take downs. Hendricks would get those takedowns easy. And I'm a bigger GSP fan btw.
              No he wouldn't are you crazy?? Did you see Hendricks condit?? he couldn't keep Carlos down for more then 5-10 seconds at a time.. Hendricks got done by Rick Story and should have lost to KOS aswell..

Wrestling Credentials are not the be all and end all.. Look at Phil Davis vs Rashad.. but Rashad treated him like a little biatch.. Kos on paper is a far better wrestler then GSP.. and what happened? it didn't mean jack..

GSP standup is much better then Hendricks also.. Condit was clearly outstriking Hendricks but lost (imo) unfairly because of repeated takedowns which lasted all of 2 seconds.. GSP outside of kick handled Condit standing..

Make no mistake if this goes over 1 round GSP wins 99% of the time.. look at Hendricks history.. if he doesn't KO you early he gasses and wins or losses a Split Dec

So as for the TS.. i am looking forward to the fight but not particularly hyped.. for the first round..?? maybe but after that it will be straight GSP domination..

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
                No he wouldn't are you crazy?? Did you see Hendricks condit?? he couldn't keep Carlos down for more then 5-10 seconds at a time.. Hendricks got done by Rick Story and should have lost to KOS aswell..

Wrestling Credentials are not the be all and end all.. Look at Phil Davis vs Rashad.. but Rashad treated him like a little biatch.. Kos on paper is a far better wrestler then GSP.. and what happened? it didn't mean jack..

GSP standup is much better then Hendricks also.. Condit was clearly outstriking Hendricks but lost (imo) unfairly because of repeated takedowns which lasted all of 2 seconds.. GSP outside of kick handled Condit standing..

Make no mistake if this goes over 1 round GSP wins 99% of the time.. look at Hendricks history.. if he doesn't KO you early he gasses and wins or losses a Split Dec

So as for the TS.. i am looking forward to the fight but not particularly hyped.. for the first round..?? maybe but after that it will be straight GSP domination..
                I never said that Hendricks is going to win. I just don't think GSP is going to be able to blanket Hendricks like he does other fighters. This will be a standup battle IMO and if GSP wins it will be by pot shotting and circling and if Hendricks wins it will be by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                  I never said that Hendricks is going to win. I just don't think GSP is going to be able to blanket Hendricks like he does other fighters. This will be a standup battle IMO and if GSP wins it will be by pot shotting and circling and if Hendricks wins it will be by KO.
                  Well yeah I don't disagree that's how the fight will go...

I just took issue with "Hendricks being able to TD diaz in the third round".. Nothing suggest to me Hendricks has better MMA wrestling then GSP.. Hell Hendricks has issues with stamina just look at his fights which don't end early by KO.. he started to gas hard vs Condit in a 3 round fight.. Nevermind Diaz who has stamina for days in a 5 round one..

Gsp has possibly the best wrestling in MMA and has proved it vs better wrestlers on paper in the past

GSP by 50-45 or Hendricks round 1 KO

Comment

Hendricks is a very solid opponent. But i'm still giving GSP the edge in this fight. I think he'll win via UD.

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post

Good post. I don't know why people can't understand this.

Comment

Working...
                      X