No announcement yet.

**** Hendicks!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round 3:

A lot of shots being thrown, but both missing. Left leg kick for Condit. Left, right that grazes Hendricks. Right hand lands for Condit. Hendricks lands a grazing left, and grabs Condit's leg. At this point Condit secures a kimura lock, so both men go down at the same time. Hendricks ends up on top, so I'll credit him for the TD.

Nice elbow from the bottom for Condit at 3:55. Condit with another good elbow, but Hendricks with a nice hammer fist, and elbow of his own. Condit then lands a bunch of hammer fists, and elbows of his own from the bottom. Hendricks covering up now. Kimura attempt, then Condit gets back up.

Lands a nice 3 punch combo on Hendricks, against the cage. Condit misses, and Hendricks hits him with a nice right hand that leads to 2 left upper cuts for Hendricks. Left hook for Condit, missed high kick, Hendricks takes advantage and takes his back while standing. 4 knees to the leg by Hendricks. TD for Hendricks. Condit really opens up from the bottom, and Rogan even mentions it at 1:54. Hendricks backs off, and Condit stands up.

Right leg kick for Condit. Huge right hand from Condit. You can see Hendricks' eyes roll back momentarily. Right hand to the head, left to the body by Condit. Hendricks with a TD. Condit lands 4 hooks from the bottom, and gets back up in 5 seconds. Nice right hand, and left look for Condit. Starts landing combos and knees to Henedricks' head. Looks like he's about to finish him. Hendricks with a TD while Condit has kimura locked. Condit scrambles up in 3 seconds. Lands a 1-2 as soon as he gets up. Left hook into 2 knees to the head by Condit. Both exchange body shots, and Condit ends the round with another 1-2 that land on the Henedricks' head.

Round 3: 10-9 Condit

Comment

I scored it,

Round 1: Draw
      Round 2: Hendricks
      Round 3: Condit

I scored it as a draw. If I gave Condit the edge for round 1, then Condit wins on my scorecards, but I honestly thought round 1 was definitely a draw.

Comment

Hendricks clearly won round 1.. he had condit visibly shaken and worried at points.. after some massive shots..

after round 1 he wasnt nearly as effective as he had hurt his hand

The first round is why i want to see him vs gsp.. condit can take those shts but i doubt gsp can

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
          Hendricks clearly won round 1.. he had condit visibly shaken and worried at points.. after some massive shots..

after round 1 he wasnt nearly as effective as he had hurt his hand

The first round is why i want to see him vs gsp.. condit can take those shts but i doubt gsp can

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Condit also had Hendricks visibly shaken and worried at points. Hendricks looked like he got done fighting 2 rounds after round 1.

It was an even round. Any way you look at it, there's an argument for both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            I thought Johny won rounds 1 and 2 pretty clearly...
            yeah I scored the first 2 to Hendricks based on overall activity and damage and the 3rd easily to Condit.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
              Unfortunately we'll be seeing jab spam, jab spam, TD spam, TD spam. Like always.

P.S. When they announced that Hendricks won, I was genuinely shocked. There was absolutely no way Hendricks won that fight. Myself included, Joe Rogan, and even the fans at the arena thought Condit won.

No way Hendricks won that fight in terms of damage, and effectiveness.
              You just summed it up for me

Yeah Hendricks had like 12 take downs but did hardly any damage and nothing effective from his takedowns besides hold condit down

Scoring needs to be changed cos 12 takedowns with no sub attempts or ground and pound shouldnt be scored so they win somebody a fight

Comment

Originally posted by RayCharles View Post

Yeah Hendricks had like 12 take downs but did hardly any damage and nothing effective from his takedowns besides hold condit down

Scoring needs to be changed cos 12 takedowns with no sub attempts or ground and pound shouldnt be scored so they win somebody a fight
                I am pretty sure takedowns and holding top position counts as octagon control. I agree that punches and elbows from bottom position should score too but they just don't have the kind of leverage to do much damage unless you have sharp elbows and can cut the guy in top position.

I'd pick 3 takedowns and top position each time over some short elbows with no power that are thrown from the bottom as far as scoring is concerned.

also I am not the only one who scored the fight in Hendricks favour, nearly every time Hendricks threw combos he connected hard [in the first 2 rounds]

Comment

round 1: Carlos landed 3 more total strikes but got taken down 4 times.
                  round 2: Carlos landed 2 less total strikes and got taken down 4 times.
                  round 3: Carlos landed 24 more total strikes and got taken down 4 times.

looking at significant strikes, it was even closer in rounds 1 and 2.
                  Hendricks also has more power than Condit even if you don't count TDs.

Comment

Originally posted by RayCharles View Post

Good point. They have a stat in MMA called significant strikes, so how about a significant takedowns stat on screen and one judges could go by? It's significant if it leads to significant strikes or a sub attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      Good point. They have a stat in MMA called significant strikes, so how about a significant takedowns stat on screen and one judges could go by? It's significant if it leads to significant strikes or a sub attempt.
                      This may be an idea for the future but it's not in the rules aorn and should not be valued as such.

For sn1, i don't think it counts towards octagon control but it certainly count heavily towards effective grappling.

Also Hendricks had a few elevated takedowns which score heavier now with the ABC's new interpretations of the rules.

Comment

Working...
                      X