Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Fitch cut from UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clay Guida top 3 in the division? Unless he's moved to some new division with only 2 other guys in it I just can't see that being the case.

Comment

Originally posted by RayCharles View Post
      Clay Guida boring?? Are you on crack

His fight with Diego Sanchez is my favourite EVER

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Yeah that and his fight with Bendo are good because his opponents smacked his head in.

Do you remember the other rounds in Sanchez-Guida?
      Guida trying for takedowns and stalling on the ground.

Guida is energetic and popular, but he's not exciting.

Guida has had 17 fights in the UFC. Tell me about the good fights please. Bendo and Sanchez need not be mentioned.
      Last edited by Barry Halls; 02-20-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I'd rather watch Guida LOOK like he's doing something than watch Fitch. Just my preference

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Clay Guida top 3 in the division? Unless he's moved to some new division with only 2 other guys in it I just can't see that being the case.
          oops my bad. for some reason I thought I saw him ranked in the top 3.

Well then I guess Guida is probably gonna get cut after his next loss.

It's a shame because Greg Jackson has totally ruined him. He use to be the most entertaining fighter in the UFC.

Comment

The most entertaining in the ufc? Really?

I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone seem to love Guida until he actually fights, but which of his pre Greg Jackson fights make him the most entertaining fighter in the UFC?

Sanchez, sure, but that had very much to do with Sanchez. Guida humped him for a large portion of that fight.

Please, i'm not trying to be an *******. I'd really love to know and i'll promise to go rewatch those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
              The most entertaining in the ufc? Really?

I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone seem to love Guida until he actually fights, but which of his pre Greg Jackson fights make him the most entertaining fighter in the UFC?

Sanchez, sure, but that had very much to do with Sanchez. Guida humped him for a large portion of that fight.

Please, i'm not trying to be an *******. I'd really love to know and i'll promise to go rewatch those fights.
              Nate Diaz, Danzig, Huerta, Din Thomas, Griffin.

his fight vs Sanchez was his last before joining Jackson's.
              Last edited by -Swizzy-; 02-20-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Wait a ****ing second here. You're saying the fight vs. Nate Diaz was great? It was an abomination.'
                First round was ok, but rest? Mehhh.

Nate Diaz trying to fight and Guida just pushing him against the cage.

How anyone can say Fitch is boring and point to this fight as a testament to Guida being exciting comes off as two faced if you don't mind me saying. It's the same thing Fitch does.

Now i have to turn your initial question back to you, do you actually watch mma?

The fight vs. Huerta was not very exciting. It was mostly Huerta just bashing Guidas head.

I don't remember the Griffin and Din Thomas fights.

Diaz-Guida http://mmaversus.com/2011/07/13/nate...-video-ufc-94/
                Last edited by Barry Halls; 02-20-2013, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RayCharles View Post
                  Jon Fitch has just been cut!! aswell as 15 other fighters

most of those who have been cut are understandable but to drop Fitch ia an absolute joke. He's 14-3-1 in the UFC and has only lost to GSP, Johnny Hendricks and Damien Maia and the draw was with BJ Penn.

Alot of british fighters cut too after last weekend
                  ****kin bulllshhiit!!!! Fitch was the man I don't care what anybody says. Most of his dull fights are because his opponents won't do anything. Saunders and Gono didn't do shiiiiit. I thought the Alves, Pierce, and BJ fights were pretty good, especially the alves fight their was some good exchanges.

Not to mention Damien Maia was the one making the fight boring, yet everybody still wants to ride his diiiick.

It's about the principal of the thing. Fitch can be entertaining as hell when matched correctly (look at the Erick Silva fight), but you can't just cut a top10 fighter because he's "boring".

How about cutting Rashad Evans? Clay Guida? Chael Sonnen?
                  I find Clay Guida post Greg Jackson boring as fuuukkk too but the Huerta, Thomas and Griffin fights were all pretty sick you should check them out. Huerta & Griffin are fight of the year canidates. But yeah your right is mostly excited when he is getting his ass whooped besides the Griffin and Huerta fight.

Rashad Evans is boring as fuuukkk I can't stand especially when he talks so much shiiiiiit and then just stalls the whole time. His most exciting moments where when Rampage & Silva almost knocked him out.

Chael was boring asss shiiiiit before he started talking you definitely got that right.

Bisping is boring as hell too. He's like the MMA calzaghe, No power whatsoever. It was so terrible watching him fight Miller when he was a totally different level striker yet pitty pattied him the whole time.

So how about the following top10 fighters that many consider "boring".

Clay Guida, Nik Lentz, Gray Maynard, Josh Koscheck, Michael Bisping, Chael Sonnen, Yushin Okami, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Ryan Bader?

This cut is nothing but Dana White being a petty child. He didn't get along great with Fitch because Fitch wouldn't kiss his ass.
                  Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                  lol where are you getting most of those names from?

do you even watch MMA?

Guida use to be really entertaining but has been a borefest in his last couple of fights. But he has been winning and is a top 3 fighter in his division now so I don't think they would cut him just yest. I think if he goes on a 2 fight losing streak he would get cut.

And the rest of those guys aren't that boring or not nearly as boring as Fitch.
                  Do you watch MMA? How can you criticize Fitch but say Phil davis, Ryan bader, guida, Nick boring ass lentz, Yushin Okami and Chael Sonnen are soooo much better?

Fitch is the 3rd greatest welterweight of all time and like said came off a sick fight with Silva only to be dry humped by Maia which wasn't his fault.

Comment

Maybe i should go back and watch Huerta-Guida again. From what i remember it was not that great, but i've been wrong before.

Will check Griffin, don't think i've even seen it.

Comment

Wait a ****ing second here. You're saying the fight vs. Nate Diaz was great? It was an abomination.'
                      First round was ok, but rest? Mehhh.

Nate Diaz trying to fight and Guida just pushing him against the cage.

How anyone can say Fitch is boring and point to this fight as a testament to Guida being exciting comes off as two faced if you don't mind me saying. It's the same thing Fitch does.

Now i have to turn your initial question back to you, do you actually watch mma?

The fight vs. Huerta was not very exciting. It was mostly Huerta just bashing Guidas head.

I don't remember the Griffin and Din Thomas fights.

Diaz-Guida http://mmaversus.com/2011/07/13/nate...-video-ufc-94/
                      I don't remember every detail of that fight I just remember thinking it was entertaining.

I'm not even a huge fan of Guida's cuz I prefer to watch highly skilled fighters who are also entertaining whereas Guida was just entertaining(pre-Jackson). Not a big fan of the Balboa type fighters that just take a lot of punishment unless they can actually come back like Frank Edgar.
                      Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                      Do you watch MMA? How can you criticize Fitch but say Phil davis, Ryan bader, guida, Nick boring ass lentz, Yushin Okami and Chael Sonnen are soooo much better?

Fitch is the 3rd greatest welterweight of all time and like said came off a sick fight with Silva only to be dry humped by Maia which wasn't his fault.
                      I don't find Sonnen and Okami to be that boring. Also Sonnen is very entertaining pre-fight.

Bader he is on and off depending on the fight.

The thing about Fitch is that he does the same thing for a whole fight for every single one of his fights.

Yes all those other guys are also ground fighters but they aren't nearly as 1 dimensional as Fitch. Those other fighters are still pretty entertaining on the ground whereas Fitch seems like a borefest.

Comment

Working...
                      X