No announcement yet.

No more excuses for Cyborg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    You mean the weight class they created out of thin air for Rhonda Rousey? And then created a title for? That weight class?
    The already established 135lb weight class from Strikeforce? The last big fight in the woman's Featherweight division was in December of 2011, the fight Cyborg got popped for Roids in. Before that was June of 2010..

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      The already established 135lb weight class from Strikeforce? The last big fight in the woman's Featherweight division was in December of 2011, the fight Cyborg got popped for Roids in. Before that was June of 2010..
      Come off it man. You know the Zuffa politics by now, you have to. Seriously, man.

It is not a real weightclass, and it is a paper title. Who are all of the contenders in the division? The fact is they only have the ability basically to do one-off fights at this point in WMMA regardless.

Comment

Kaps probably has nothing bad to say about the UFC after they gave his boy an undeserved title shot due to more ppv $..

Dolce may not be the best, but he had Chael drop over 20lbs in 24 Hours for his weigh in against Anderson. How ****ing heavy is Cyborg?
        I don't believe that personally.. also heard that Sonnen is dropping from 240 for his next fight from Dolce.. find it hard to believe also. I think he is a good sports nutritionist and probably well liked. I reckon these fighters like him and put out these little press releases to make him seem like some GOD and help him.

Comment

Come off it man. You know the Zuffa politics by now, you have to. Seriously, man.

It is not a real weightclass, and it is a paper title. Who are all of the contenders in the division? The fact is they only have the ability basically to do one-off fights at this point in WMMA regardless.
          Their are several women in the 135lb weight class, much more than at featherweight, they where basically looking around and begging chicks like Jan Finnay or getting these no name Japanese broads to fight Cyborg most of the time. Whereas the 135lb division at least has a little bit of depth to it, not a whole lot, but their are more fighters and more names there...

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
          Kaps probably has nothing bad to say about the UFC after they gave his boy an undeserved title shot due to more ppv $..
          GSP gave Nick the shot, not the UFC or Dana, but if you think a Nick Diaz title fight would outsell the other fight he had planned for GSP I don't know what to tell you.

I don't believe that personally.. also heard that Sonnen is dropping from 240 for his next fight from Dolce.. find it hard to believe also. I think he is a good sports nutritionist and probably well liked. I reckon these fighters like him and put out these little press releases to make him seem like some GOD and help him.
          Dolce is the one who said Chael is 240lbs, not Chael. Here is an article about how Dolce got Chael from 205 to 185 in 24hrs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...-in/index.html

Comment

You talked about an existing Zuffa division of 135. I'm just asking who all the contenders are, if it is an active division. I mean in Zuffa.

Comment

It is all suddenly so clear.

Comment

You talked about an existing Zuffa division of 135. I'm just asking who all the contenders are, if it is an active division. I mean in Zuffa.
                135lbs
                Ronda Rousey
                Sarah Kaufman
                Meisha Tate
                Marloes Coenen
                Liz Carmouche
                Shayna Baszler
                Alexis Davis

145lbs
                Cyborg

It is all suddenly so clear.
                Yes you guys caught me, I suddenly agree with everything Dana says because he gave Nick the next title shot, because it will obviously sell more PPVs than GSP vs. Silva.....

Comment

I know Dolce and Chael said he did that.. He is good probably.. i just doubt some of the **** he and his fans come out with. Wasn't he with Rampage when he failed weight AT ufc Japan.

Yes you guys caught me, I suddenly agree with everything Dana says because he gave Nick the next title shot, because it will obviously sell more PPVs than GSP vs. Silva.....
                  I am talking about Hendricks..

Guy who has KTFO two top 5 ww in his last 2 fights and also beat another top 5 guy in Koscheck.

Meanwhile all i have seen Nick do is drop a round too a top 30 WW in BJ Penn and lose to Condit.. Nick was given the fight for financial reason.. gsp probably thinks he beats his ass easier then Hendricks also.

I don't think GSP is interested in Silva right now and has plenty of potential fights at WW. Silva on the other hand does not at MW imo.. (possibly Wiedman) he should go up and challenge Jones.. (much like you say Rousey should) and at least Silva has beaten former champions at lhw also.

Comment

135lbs
                    Ronda Rousey
                    Sarah Kaufman
                    Meisha Tate
                    Marloes Coenen
                    Liz Carmouche
                    Shayna Baszler
                    Alexis Davis
                    So all of these fighters are signed to the UFC now? I guess I must've missed the press releases.

That fight is never going to happen, plain and simple. And Dana White can't force GSP to fight Silva. That is one of the reasons we won't ever see it. Whether or not Zuffa truly wants the fight, only the Zuffa boys know, but it will never happen. It is actually a question of the fight to be made at Welterweight.

And also, LMFAO at "GSP gave Diaz the title shot, not Dana".

You are sounding like a noob.

It almost seems like your account got hacked by kswizzy or something, no f u cking kidding.
                    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 01-03-2013, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I know Dolce and Chael said he did that.. He is good probably.. i just doubt some of the **** he and his fans come out with. Wasn't he with Rampage when he failed weight AT ufc Japan.

I am talking about Hendricks..

Guy who has KTFO two top 5 ww in his last 2 fights and also beat another top 5 guy in Koscheck.

Meanwhile all i have seen Nick do is drop a round too a top 30 WW in BJ Penn and lose to Condit.. Nick was given the fight for financial reason.. gsp probably thinks he beats his ass easier then Hendricks also.

I don't think GSP is interested in Silva right now and has plenty of potential fights at WW. Silva on the other hand does not at MW imo.. (possibly Wiedman) he should go up and challenge Jones.. (much like you say Rousey should) and at least Silva has beaten former champions at lhw also.
                      You realize the only time BJ Penn has lost the first round of a fight was in his last fight with Rory right? If you're trying to get me to say Hendricks doesn't deserve the shot you're wrong, I will say that I don't believe the Nick/GSP fight would sell anymore than the Hendricks/GSP fight though. Nicks been off while Hendricks is Knocking dudes out, getting more exposure, he deserves the shot. I also agree that GSP thinks Nick is an easier fight...

So all of these fighters are signed to the UFC now? I guess I must've missed the press releases.
                      Not all of them, no, but that's the weight class pretty much. Where are the Featherweights? Can you name any except Cyborg?

That fight is never going to happen, plain and simple. And Dana White can't force GSP to fight Silva. That is one of the reasons we won't ever see it. Whether or not Zuffa truly wants the fight, only the Zuffa boys know, but it will never happen. It is actually a question of the fight to be made at Welterweight.

And also, LMFAO at "GSP gave Diaz the title shot, not Dana".

You are sounding like a noob.

It almost seems like your account got hacked by kswizzy or something, no f u cking kidding.
                      Why is it hard to believe that GSP wanted to fight Diaz instead of Hendrix? To tell you the truth I'd rather fight Diaz than Hendricks at this point. Like I said a minute ago, a Nick/GSP probably will do the same amount of buys as a Hendricks/GSP fight at this point....

Comment

Working...
                      X