Cormier might get next shot at Jones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cormier might get next shot at Jones?

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9h08?u...m_campaign=mma

So, a guy that has a career off to a good start, but has trouble cutting weight and has never fought at light heavy, might get a shot at the light heavyweight title? I hope Dana White and the UFC doesn't go through with this. It's bad enough Sonnen is getting a shot. Whatever happened to winning at least 3 fights and earning a title shot? And wasn't White also the same guy that said in the past he would cut fighters that weren't exciting, yet we're still stuck with a few too many boring lay and pray wrestlers? Why can't Dana White just stop lying, tell us their real motives behind the matches they make and say what he and the UFC means already? We all know they just put guys in title fights and main events that are big draws, that they know people will watch and bring in ratings and will sell PPV buys, so just admit it? At least sometimes they do this, maybe not all the time, but geez, enough already.

I mean, I love MMA, but stuff like this is exactly why I haven't bought a UFC pay per view in years. I might rent one on DVD, but that's about it. I hope something else comes along with Pride rules, but adds elbows on the ground and becomes major competition for the UFC.

Though I think he should have to beat one of the top 3 LHWs first, UFC jumped shark a while back and formalities don't matter anymore. I give Cormier a 50/50 chance, provided he has an ok weight cut. He can gameplan really well and has excellent stamina. I don't see him getting caught in Jones' usual traps.

Comment

I for onece have no problem with it since he was a Champ in a different leage that was bought by the UFC. I also think it is a good fight

Comment

Working...
      X