• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    What's 209? An area code?
    Stockton, CA area code

Comment

Originally posted by oscar_angels091 View Post
      Stockton, CA area code
      It covers a big part of central valley and the foothills...

Comment

The build up will be better than GSP v Hendricks for sure BUT honestly I think Nick is overrated. GSP has a better jab, has that superman punch, WAY better wrestling and ground game in general, much more athletic/explosive. Nick has better submissions but he's Palhares or anything. He has very good stand up IF you let him back you up and tee off, the Condit fight exposed Nick lack of speed/explosiveness imo.

I actually like Nick Diaz as a fighter as well, I wanted him to beat Condit and GSP initially. I honestly think GSP is comfortably the number #1 in the division and the number two is between Condit and Hendricks at this point. I think we need to see Nick fight one more time against Condit preferably. I think Nick Diaz vs GSP is an interesting fight but it's one I see GSP winning in typical fashion. The fight vs Hendricks is a more interesting fight to me because Hendricks has disgusting power and can hurt GSP in the stand up and on the ground he has solid wrestling but GSPs MMA wrestling is second-to-none.

Some good fights though available at 170. GSP v Nick Diaz may just happen next, so I'd like to see Condit vs Hendricks next as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
          The build up will be better than GSP v Hendricks for sure BUT honestly I think Nick is overrated. GSP has a better jab, has that superman punch, WAY better wrestling and ground game in general, much more athletic/explosive. Nick has better submissions but he's Palhares or anything. He has very good stand up IF you let him back you up and tee off, the Condit fight exposed Nick lack of speed/explosiveness imo.

I actually like Nick Diaz as a fighter as well, I wanted him to beat Condit and GSP initially. I honestly think GSP is comfortably the number #1 in the division and the number two is between Condit and Hendricks at this point. I think we need to see Nick fight one more time against Condit preferably. I think Nick Diaz vs GSP is an interesting fight but it's one I see GSP winning in typical fashion. The fight vs Hendricks is a more interesting fight to me because Hendricks has disgusting power and can hurt GSP in the stand up and on the ground he has solid wrestling but GSPs MMA wrestling is second-to-none.

Some good fights though available at 170. GSP v Nick Diaz may just happen next, so I'd like to see Condit vs Hendricks next as well.
          It would actually make a lot more sense to do something like (for example) Hendricks vs GSP, and Diaz can fight Condit again for the #1 contender spot. The first fight was close, and a rematch wouldn't be that bad of a thing to do, and Condit just gave GSP his toughest fight in quite some time, so him getting a #1 contender elimination fight wouldn't really be out of order. That is really just an example. There are probably more interesting fights that could be made actually then recycling the same fights. Like give Condit-Koscheck, and let Diaz fight somebody else, and go from there or something, and Hendricks-GSP. But whatever. It doesn't even matter anymore, since when does UFC match making make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            It would actually make a lot more sense to do something like (for example) Hendricks vs GSP, and Diaz can fight Condit again for the #1 contender spot. The first fight was close, and a rematch wouldn't be that bad of a thing to do, and Condit just gave GSP his toughest fight in quite some time, so him getting a #1 contender elimination fight wouldn't really be out of order. That is really just an example. There are probably more interesting fights that could be made actually then recycling the same fights. Like give Condit-Koscheck, and let Diaz fight somebody else, and go from there or something, and Hendricks-GSP. But whatever. It doesn't even matter anymore, since when does UFC match making make any sense.
            Yeah, Ariel Helwani really called out the odd match-making from the UFC in the latest pre-fight press conference. Dana said the winner of Shogun v Gustaff would get Jones. If Shogun wins it for e.g he would fight Jones. Ariel told him why would someone with a 2-0 streak get to fight Jones especially since he lost to him before. Would it not make more sense for Henderson to fight him, since he hasn't before or potentially Glover if he wins vs Rampage? If Rampage wins then he defo needs at least another fight vs a REAL top 205'er not a Vera btw.

Odd match-making don't get me wrong but they are lucky that there are still some great fights out there that can be made.

Comment

There is no debating Hendricks has earned it more...

But Diaz/Gsp will be a massive fight..

Gsp wants diaz badly and probably will be fighting angry for the first time since Serra 2

Comment

Make Silva-GSP if were not gonna do the fair thing and put Hendricks in there.

This is like sidestepping Weidman to let Bisping or Belfort get a shot.

Silva-GSP
                Hendricks-Diaz

Then regardless of outcome.

Silva-Weidman
                Hendricks/Diaz-GSP

Comment

Diaz better be working on his jiu-jitsu bottom game cuz he'll be there the whole fight lol.

Comment

Diaz has an okay chance in this fight. Why? Because GSP is well past his prime. If anything, the Condit fight showed this. That fight was actually the quintessential example of 'lay and pray'. GSP will lose in his next few fights.

Comment

Yeah GSP should fight Diaz, win a lay and pray decision and then just retire already.

Comment

Working...
                      X