No announcement yet.

Rich franklin vs cung le

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich franklin vs cung le

How in the world did cung le end up with a shot at franklin??? The dude's been up and down in his mma career and been knocked out in 2 of his last 4 fights.

Also does anyone know if the card will showcase asian fighters since its in china?

Stupid question. The same way Sonnen got a shot at Jones.

The UFC doesn't care about wins and losses; it's about excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      Stupid question. The same way Sonnen got a shot at Jones.

The UFC doesn't care about wins and losses; it's about excitement.
      which is way is the fastest sport in the world, or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        How in the world did cung le end up with a shot at franklin??? The dude's been up and down in his mma career and been knocked out in 2 of his last 4 fights.

Also does anyone know if the card will showcase asian fighters since its in china?
        He is older now and not the same as he used to be...but I still like his style and watching him. In any event (no pun intended)...he won his last fight against Patrick Côté...and vindicated his loss to Scott Smith in the rematch. He was in terrible shape for Wanderlei Silva and I knew as soon as I saw him he didn't look the same. His life is different now with his film career taking up alot of his time...but on a good night he's very entertaining...and Franklin is not exactly in his prime either.

Comment

Oh yeah, Wanderlei Silva is the only guy Le hasn't beaten so far. Do you think he'd be able to win a rematch with Silva?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Oh yeah, Wanderlei Silva is the only guy Le hasn't beaten so far. Do you think he'd be able to win a rematch with Silva?
            I don't know now...he came in looking soft and unprepared...not his usual lean muscular self. If I remember right I think that was a short notice fight for him. He looked alot better and fit against Cote...but it's not likely we will see the guy who beat Frank Shamrock or the guy who used to do those flying scissors take-downs and the brutal souflex'es again...but I think he could do much better than he did against Silva...maybe beat him. It's not like Silva is in his prime either and unbeatable. I defiantly would be watching the rematch if there was one.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              I don't know now...he came in looking soft and unprepared...not his usual lean muscular self. If I remember right I think that was a short notice fight for him. He looked alot better and fit against Cote...but it's not likely we will see the guy who beat Frank Shamrock or the guy who used to do those flying scissors take-downs and the brutal souflex'es again...but I think he could do much better than he did against Silva...maybe beat him. It's not like Silva is in his prime either and unbeatable. I defiantly would be watching the rematch if there was one.
              The silva fight was short notice for wanderlei. Not le. Le was supposed to fight vitor belfort but pulled out from injury. Le may have either been out of shape from taking it lightly or distracted from his movie career but definitely had a full camp to prepare.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                The silva fight was short notice for wanderlei. Not le. Le was supposed to fight vitor belfort but pulled out from injury. Le may have either been out of shape from taking it lightly or distracted from his movie career but definitely had a full camp to prepare.
                Right...I remember now...knew it was short notice for someone...lol.

Comment

Remember this one?

Cung Le vs Frank Shamrock...that was a great scrap

part 1

part 2

part 3

Comment

Yep, the beginning of the end of a good career for Frank. He would get TKO'd by Nick Diaz and then retire.

And I take it, Cung Le is the favorite here? I think he'll probably win, who are you guys picking? Or is Cung too busy with his acting and kickboxing careers and too old at 40 to win?
                    Last edited by Anthony342; 10-26-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X