Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is MMA dying?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If by "dying" you mean it's lost it's initial luster then yes.

Ufc used to have an air of barbarianism that it no longer has.

Gone is the curiosity of which martial art is best.

The trick now is to get worldwide recognition as a legitimate sport. It's not gonna happen overnight. It took boxing roughly 150yrs enduring ups and downs to do it so for a sport that's only a bit over 20yrs old its on an excellent trajectory.

Comment

I got kimbo win lose or draw, why? because Kimbo's out the backyard hahahahhahaha

Comment

A lot of MMA fans are nerds. It's true. Regardless if there are "true" MMA fans, the majority of them are former or current WWE fans.

Comment

It definitely lost a lot of its luster for me around the demise of Pride. The UFC though has an abundance of casual fans.

Comment

Its been going downhill for a couple of years. They need marketable stars and competitive fights, stuff like Evans vs Jones is not competitive and I don't think Jones, good as he is, has the star power like their top guys had six, seven years ago: Couture, Liddell, BJ, Tito, Hughes.., even Franklin had drawing power. Edgar and GSP don't float my boat enough and neither does Silva or Dos Santos. Other than that, the fights are all too often turning into dull grappling affairs or are over after thirty seconds because they have china chins or poor skills.

Comment

MMA is not dying.

It's definitely plateaued, though.

The product has stopped improving and the people have grown tired of it.

Comment

Lettuce be real...

Great fights today are the exception, not the rule.

Comment

DUMBEST ****IN THREAD EVER!

That is absolutely ridiculous. They have one bad night after months of consecutive excellent fights and now its dying? Lmao you guys are ******ed its only getting bigger. I live in pa and news channels are still talking about Penn,state golden boy phil davis and their talking about getting a event in hershey real soon.

The only bad thing about the UFC right now is rookie mistakes with fox. That hour long broadcast to show a 2 minute fight was terrible when the whole undercard was sick, none of u idiots would be talkin ***** if they showed guida bendo. And the last card only sucked because munoz got hurt atleast they don't cancel the whole card like boxing.

STFU none of u have any idea what your talking about. Let's see whos talking ***** when miller an nate diaz give us a classic fight on the next card.

Comment

UFC is going stale, not MMA. They still have good fights coming up though.

That my opinion any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                      Dana White is a biased idiot who think MMA will compete with the NFL and outsell Soccer in Brazil as the largest sport over there.
                      While I do agree with this statement, you can't deny the fact that ESPN's coverage of MMA waxed and waned with Brock Lesnar's title reign.

ESPN didn't give a **** until a guy they perceive as a "pro wrestler" (total disregard to his collegiate accolades) had a title contention.

Comment

Working...
                      X