No announcement yet.

Fedor is overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedor is overrated

He is i fell into the hype for awhile ,and then i saw him cheat Lindland he was about to be taken down and battered,but no he grabs the ropes and reverses the takedown,when he comes out of his shell again he gets beat by Werdum and Giant Silva,proof to me Pride was nothing but a roid factory,look at Arona he wont even fight anymore.

Comment

No, he's not.

I think the problem lately is that Fedor caught the BJ Penn syndrome. What I mean by that is that in the last couple of years, he's focused primarily on his boxing, while neglecting the rest of the abilities it takes to win fights in MMA. He admitted that training for the Werdum fight he exclusively worked on his stand-up, and if you watch his training videos leading up to Big Foot Silva fight, all you saw him doing was boxing.

However, regardless what has happened in his last couple of fights, that doesn't take away from what Fedor did from 2000-2007. Throughout those 7 years he fought the absolute best Heavyweights in the World and destroyed each and every single one of them. It's impressive enough that someone like Chuck Liddell can take top-level fighters off their game and beat them his way, but what Fedor did is the most impressive thing I've ever seen in any sport ever. Guys who were dangerous on the ground, he took down and destroyed. Guys who were dangerous on their feet, he beat the crap out of standing. How in the World is someone like that overrated?

Comment

I think people have a valid argument when they talk about how all the top Pride guys of 5 years ago haven't done as well since the organisation folded.

I mean, look at the top UFC guys from the same period and they are still doing great now: Couture still rules the heavyweights, though Tim Sylvia and Arlovski are right there with him. All 3 are on phemonemal runs, their combined record in the past few years is something like 6-9, incredible.

And then you have Chuck Liddell, who has probably gotten even better, damn what a chin! Matt Hughes and Sean Sherk are also doing great, Hughes lasted an amazing 21 seconds in his last fight, no way could Fedor do that.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
          He is i fell into the hype for awhile ,and then i saw him cheat Lindland he was about to be taken down and battered,but no he grabs the ropes and reverses the takedown,when he comes out of his shell again he gets beat by Werdum and Giant Silva,proof to me Pride was nothing but a roid factory,look at Arona he wont even fight anymore.
          You sir, are out of you mind on this one.

Fedor has been thee most dominant MMa fighter in past years. Anyone can get caught. Werdum just happened to catch Fedor. Antonio Silva is a freaking mutant.

Fedor was and still is an MMA phenom. He lost 2 times and now he's an overrated bum?

Good lord.

Why is it that when the best fall from grace the critics start circling the body? There is something wrong with people. Its seems natural for them to find pleasure when the mighty fall. When the best fall and don't seem so invincible, too many people rejoice.

Do you know why that is?

Its because they don't like to think that other people are better than themselves. When a respected warrior falls, people used to mourn because he was great and now they are poorer for his misfortune.

Nowadays its a sport within itself for people to wait out a fighter's career to then say "He wasn't all that great".

I really hate that ****.

That's not directed toward you, Markbnlv. I just really hate that.

Comment

Wanna know what I noticed? The only people who call Fedor overrated are either s*cking on Dana's dick or they never got to see Fedor in his prime.

Do you consider Tyson overrated too?

Comment

Lol... seriously?! I thought you knew one or two things about MMA. Damn...

Comment

Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by [Flomo]KLTP View Post
                  Wanna know what I noticed? The only people who call Fedor overrated are either s*cking on Dana's dick or they never got to see Fedor in his prime.

Do you consider Tyson overrated too?

Yes Tyson is overrated, he always lost to the ELITE of the division. Still a fan though.

Comment

lmaaaaaooooo @ mma noob

Comment

Working...
                    X