Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC Is Starting To Become Uninteresting To Watch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC Is Starting To Become Uninteresting To Watch!

The fight with Guida last night was a perfect example. I believe the UFC has peaked and is slowly declining in peoples interest because of the rule system which lets fighters just lay and hold, your thoughts?

ps: The boxing fights Froch vs Johnson and Chavez Jr last night were 10 times more exciting...

I agree somewhat. The top guys seem to be losing their hunger so to speak...GSP, Silva are more interested in fighting "safe" to get the decision and fight on to see another day. Can you blame them, though? (not the point I understand) The guys just aren't making enough money to go out there and put it all on the line, because there are only a select guys who don't work day jobs to support their families.

Dana White is a smart guy and an excellent promoter and will figure out a way to take it to the next level. Just like the May-Pac fight, too much money to not make it work

Comment

Dude that was one fight...the rest of the card was awesome.

Go troll somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by photomane View Post
        The fight with Guida last night was a perfect example. I believe the UFC has peaked and is slowly declining in peoples interest because of the rule system which lets fighters just lay and hold, your thoughts?

ps: The boxing fights Froch vs Johnson and Chavez Jr last night were 10 times more exciting...
        Then stop watching it, stop posting about it too....

Comment

Like the one guy said Fighters aren't getting paid ish.

Comment

Originally posted by photomane View Post
            The fight with Guida last night was a perfect example.
            Wow, talk about different POVs. I didn't watch the UF* in its entirety last night, and I only saw the last two rounds of Guida-Pettis, but, I thought the Guida-Pettis fight was about a C+. It wasn't great, but, good.

Guida wasn't just laying on top of him, he was constantly trying to improve his position and trying to score the best he knew how. But, Pettis on the other hand was doing a good job with controlling Guida's wrist throughout. That's MMA.

Maybe you should tell the UF* to change their rules and not allow anymore grabbing of the wrists.

Pettis on the other hand was trying to make things happen while on his back , but, Guida was doing a solid job defending the sub attempts.

Comment

they should change the judging system. strikes should be more important then takedowns and all of this ground game bulls.hit.. guida was moving a lot trying to improve his position.. so what ? at the end of the fight both of them were equally tired and undamaged.. i wouldve called it a draw then maybe fighters would actually start taking chances and try to damage their opponents

Comment

Originally posted by southcentralcar View Post
                they should change the judging system. strikes should be more important then takedowns and all of this ground game bulls.hit.. guida was moving a lot trying to improve his position.. so what ? at the end of the fight both of them were equally tired and undamaged.. i wouldve called it a draw then maybe fighters would actually start taking chances and try to damage their opponents
                I don't know about strikes being more important than a takedown. I mean, one can argue that executing a takedown is more difficult than landing a punch or a kick. So, from that POV, I'm okay with that or atleast make the takedown and or a landed strike scored the same way, but, I don't agree with your suggestion.

However, I don't like it when a guy simply gets credit for staying on top of of his opponent and that's all they really do, while the guy on the bottom is working his butt off while on his back.

I guess it's kinda like boxing, when fighter A has his opponent against the ropes, but, all they're doing is leaning on them, but, the guy that has his back against the ropes is actually throwing punches, yet, it's the guy who had the "dominant position" that gets the credit.

And, as for your last comment, about not even giving any credit to the guy who is holding the dominant position and attempting to transition to get to an even better position.

I disagree, why shouldn't a guy get credit for remaining in a dominant position while attempting get to an even better position. But, the guy on his back should get credit for sub attempts ?

Comment

LMAO C+? LoL maybe for gay ****....for an MMA fight that was an F-. I dunno where or how MMA gets worse...that was old guy laying on top of another thrusting his shoulder into the latter's chin repeatedly for 15mins.....horrible.

That under card sucked ass. I mean it was awesome if you like watching a bunch of guys who suck at everything...****ing circling to the right amateur bull****...this TUF was one of the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
                    I don't know about strikes being more important than a takedown. I mean, one can argue that executing a takedown is more difficult than landing a punch or a kick. So, from that POV, I'm okay with that or atleast make the takedown and or a landed strike scored the same way, but, I don't agree with your suggestion.

However, I don't like it when a guy simply gets credit for staying on top of of his opponent and that's all they really do, while the guy on the bottom is working his butt off while on his back.

I guess it's kinda like boxing, when fighter A has his opponent against the ropes, but, all they're doing is leaning on them, but, the guy that has his back against the ropes is actually throwing punches, yet, it's the guy who had the "dominant position" that gets the credit.

And, as for your last comment, about not even giving any credit to the guy who is holding the dominant position and attempting to transition to get to an even better position.

I disagree, why shouldn't a guy get credit for remaining in a dominant position while attempting get to an even better position. But, the guy on his back should get credit for sub attempts ?
                    talking about the dominant position.. i think it should only be significant if youre landing punches if not then why even consider it a dominant position. if youre just laying on top of another guy but not doing **** i dont think it makes any difference wether youre on top or not. and again it should be normal punches not some shoulder shrugs.

Comment

Working...
                    X