No announcement yet.

Nick Diaz sparring like a beast against Omar Henry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    that only makes him 1-1 against Noons...plus Noons' victory over Nick was a stoppage while Nick's victory over Noons was a decision.

Stopped because of a cut. If you think thats legit then you shouldn't be a fan of any combat sport....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      Stopped because of a cut. If you think thats legit then you shouldn't be a fan of any combat sport....
      He wasn't mounting any significant offense in that fight whatsoever anyway. He was shooting in with crappy takedowns and eating knees to the face and getting lit up standing. It was only a matter of time before it was stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
        He wasn't mounting any significant offense in that fight whatsoever anyway. He was shooting in with crappy takedowns and eating knees to the face and getting lit up standing. It was only a matter of time before it was stopped.
        I disagree, not that he wasn't getting his ass whooped, because he was, but that it would've been stopped without the cut.....

Comment

I don't see how, in any way, how your response negates my point.

Comment

I don't see how, in any way, how your response negates my point.
            Noons didn't stop Diaz. The NSAC did.....

Comment

How often do you hear the Diaz brothers *****ing about bs rulings? He knows as well as any other fighter the best way to not lose due to doctor stopage is to not get hurt. Not only did he get hurt he got cut. His face is ****ed up after the rematch as well.

I don't mean to argue that Noons is the better fighter just that they're pretty evenly matched, and to use Diaz Noons 2 as your whole bases of judging how these guys fair h2h is a little propagandist. Like it or not Noons beat Diaz, and was beating him before the fight was stopped.

Comment

How often do you hear the Diaz brothers *****ing about bs rulings? He knows as well as any other fighter the best way to not lose due to doctor stopage is to not get hurt. Not only did he get hurt he got cut. His face is ****ed up after the rematch as well.

I don't mean to argue that Noons is the better fighter just that they're pretty evenly matched, and to use Diaz Noons 2 as your whole bases of judging how these guys fair h2h is a little propagandist. Like it or not Noons beat Diaz, and was beating him before the fight was stopped.
                I never said he wasn't beating him, but you implied that Noons stopped Diaz, which he didn't. Cuts are not TKO's, if you want to see Diaz stopped watch the first Jeremy Jackson fight......

Comment

Diaz comes in fit to fight gets cut by Noons and became no longer fit to fight. Noons has a bit to do with it. doctor stoppage is probably the most anti-climatic way to stop a fight, and the truth is I've never seen a cut and thought awe man I hope they stop this ****...it's always just the opposite, but fighting is a game, read the sig, and it's got rules man. You can use them to your advantage. One certainly could work for cuts and ring side stoppages. I don't propose Noons is one of these guys, nor do I mean to suggest the Diaz stoppage was anything more than some nice shots and a bit of luck, but it seems like the natural flow of this convo is spilling into credit for the cutter. I disagree with the notion that because your fringing the stop on a man's judgment that one does cause the stoppage. The cutter is the cause the stoppage is the effect. I mean what if fighter a's whole game plan centers around getting cuts all over fighter b's face and ending the fight that way? Does the fact that a third man has to step in to call it finished negate effort put into doing the cutting? I agree cut are not TKO's but I do not segway that into the idea the cutter didn't end the fight.

Comment

Anyway, regardless of how you see the first fight, I think rematch shows that Diaz has improved quite a bit and is now a better striker than Noons.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      Anyway, regardless of how you see the first fight, I think rematch shows that Diaz has improved quite a bit and is now a better striker than Noons.
                      This +1........

Comment

Working...
                      X