K1 World Grand Prix 2010

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
    They're going broke, right?

I don't understand how kickboxing isn't more popular. It's an intense sport of high skill and it is exciting as hell.
    I agree, back in the day I thought the k-1 world Grand Prix was more exciting than MMA or Boxing and I loved the Inoki shows with PRide and K-1 mixed...

Comment

I'm pulling for Overeem but I don't really like his chances against Semmy, if he even gets that far.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
        They're going broke, right?

I don't understand how kickboxing isn't more popular. It's an intense sport of high skill and it is exciting as hell.
        there are soooooooooooooooooooooo ****ing many kickboxing tournaments, each with different rules that its really hard to unify the sport. It would take someone as wise as the gracies and set up a "NHB" version but just for striking.

K-1 is extremally overrated. They have a really small talent pool (most MT fighters from Holland) and once those fighters got old they couldn't produce another great generation... That's why they're going down...

But if we had karatecas, kickboxers, boxers, tae kwon-dokas, MT fighters etc, etc, from all over the world competing to see who's really the best kickboxer (under fair rules) then it would be really great.

But there are hundreds of federations that make money by organizing tourneys and proclaiming someone a "world champion".

That's why a guy like Bop Sapp was able to beat arguably the goat of K-1 twice by just bullrushing him. Overeem is doing well there, mousasi koed a legend, rampage went 2-0 there, Gesias who's a grappler had a good fight against Masato, Dida had a close first round against Buakaw, etc.

My point is: We really don't know how great are them because its basically a small club... Its ****ing hard to get inside...

Well to be fair k-1 Max is really great but I'm not so sure about the HWs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
          I'm pulling for Overeem but I don't really like his chances against Semmy, if he even gets that far.
          The no two hand clinch will hurt Overeem, he won't be able to use his uberknee like he has before. We will see. I think him vs Ghita will be tight.

Comment

Originally posted by DorianWozniacki View Post
            The no two hand clinch will hurt Overeem, he won't be able to use his uberknee like he has before. We will see. I think him vs Ghita will be tight.
            Really? Do you think it hurts him more than Schilt? SS can kill anyone if the thai clinch was allowed.

They changed the rules because they're tired of SS so they're trying anything in order to dethrone him.

Comment

Originally posted by PopoFreitas View Post
              But if we had karatecas, kickboxers, boxers, tae kwon-dokas, MT fighters etc, etc, from all over the world competing to see who's really the best kickboxer (under fair rules) then it would be really great.
              I think this was the point originally, but it's really not surprising that Dutch guys would basically rise to the top. Overall, Holland is home to the best MT big men in the world, so it isn't at all surprising.

Comment

When is this?

Comment

I'd be gutted if K1 went under. I love watching there fights and tournaments.
                  I still cant understand why it isnt more popular. I know it sounds strange but I think it would be awesome if they had little gloves on. It would probably atrract more fans as they would see it as more of a brawl and that stuff sells. Also it would allow karate fighters to use other types of strikes.

Comment

Overeem or the old timer in aerts

what ever happened mark hunt,ray cefo,jerome lebonaire??miss them days

when is this on i wanna watch it

Comment

I want Ghita to win but I say Schilt takes it again

Comment

Working...
                      X