Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come there isn't no hype behind tonights fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has lost 4 out of 5 now but look at those four losses. Florian, Maynard, and now Alvarez who are all top 10 LW's who are arguably top 5. I wouldn't get butthurt over that if I was Huerta.

Hell of a fight though tonight. A real war. Sucks Huerta got hurt because in that 3rd round it seemed like it was going to be a straight up throwdown.

Comment

They gotta give Huerta about 6 bums to get the hype back up.

The only WTF loss was the one against Pat Curran. What the hell.

Comment

I hope we get the melendez showdown first since the rankings are crazy for lightweight right now. Hopefully he don't have to destroy Pat Curran first. But use that as a comeback fight if melendez pulls it off.

Funny how Frankie Edgar was actually in the crowd. I wonder how pissy overcontroling girlfriend Dana's gonna be about this.

Comment

Decent event.

I was let down with the Alvarez-Huerta fight.

I thought it was exciting for what it was and that was one nasty leg kick by Alvarez.

Just disappointed Huerta was injured and couldn't continue. I knew Alvarez would take it, I was just hoping for a more competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
            I hope we get the melendez showdown first since the rankings are crazy for lightweight right now. Hopefully he don't have to destroy Pat Curran first. But use that as a comeback fight if melendez pulls it off.

Funny how Frankie Edgar was actually in the crowd. I wonder how pissy overcontroling girlfriend Dana's gonna be about this.
            Frankie and Eddie are mad cool plus they size each other up A LOT, Eddie himself said when they train its pure competition.

Frankie Edgar is a BEAST, just because he's small and hasnt shown the ability to stop top fighters people automatically put him as the underdog. His skills plus heart make up for thelack of power and his technique is nice.

Alvarez vs Melendez would be a crazy fight and in closing this fight confirms what we already knew. Huerta is a LW with main card heart but preliminary card skills.

Comment

Because Bellator is on FSN.

While some of you folk got to see the card last night, others like me have to hope and search for the show on the the TV guide and then if we find it, we have to hope that when we set the DVR, it actually records the event.

Comment

Anyone watching tonight's event?

Streams here: http://www.totalsportsmadness.com/20...tream-results/

Not long until the main event, not seen either of these guys before but have heard good things so looking forward to it.

Comment

This is a good fight so far. Lombard came out fast and aggressive and his opponent didn't really get going in the first round, but at one point he did manage a very nice sweep which led to him briefly taking Lombard's back.

It's gonna be interesting to see who (if anyone) gets worn down first, the guy taking punishment or the one seemingly using a lot of energy to dish it out.

Lombard clearly ahead so far.

Comment

3-0 Lombard IMO. He's controlled the last 2 rounds with takedowns (entertaining in round 2, rather boring and less active in round 3). I expect he'll continue this way and take a decision. His opponent might turn things around with his striking, but he's looking tired and slow with everything he throws and so that looks unlikely at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X