Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White Talks Punishment For Chael Sonnen

Dana White Talks Punishment For Chael Sonnen
    Posted on Sep 20, 2010

UFC President Dana White talked to Kevin Iole following news that Chael Sonnen had failed a pre fight drug test for what the CSAC says was a natural steroid and despite fans and media clamoring for the promotion to step in and punish Sonnen on top of what he will likely receive from the CSAC (one year suspension, $2500 fine), White likely won't pursue the matter any further than the commission level:

"When one of them fails a test, the government is going to fine them and suspend them and tell them they can't make a living for a year. So should I come in after they've already lost the ability to make a living for a year and been fined all this money and, in the worst economic disaster in the history of the world, fine them another huge amount and take away their ability to make a living even longer?

"These are guys with homes and families and personal lives and bills and debts and obligations, just like me and you," White said. "After they lost all this money already, money that, A, they've probably already spent and B, which they owe taxes, do I fine them another huge amount? What else do you do to a human being?"

Link:
    http://www.mmanews.com/news/88697

The suspension/fine is enough.

This is like the Sherk thing.

Test boosters ftl.

Comment

No further penalty or fine from the UFC?

Chael should of thought of that stuff before he took the PED's, he should be fined and that fine should goto The SPIDER for havin to fight the PED'd up Sonnen

Comment

They should put two wins on A. Silva's record, lol.

Comment

I kinder gentler White? I think not. Why does it seem like he is protecting Sonnen? Btw, can someone explain a natural steroid? Was this a violation at all? Could our bodies natural adrenalin seem like a PED? These are the questions that haunt me. haha yea right..........

Comment

protecting Sonnen from what exactly? unlike Sylvia,Sherk and Barnett he has no belt to take away. and i don't recall them being punished in any other way from the UFC.

Comment

^^^Indeed, what exactly is a 'natural steroid'?

Comment

have no clue about any steroids, but according to mmajunkie Sonnen had "tested positive for levels of testosterone "well above" normal.
                they said something similar about Sherk and Gracie, and they messed up on the Sherk one and i still refuse to believe a Gracie would take PED's.....i hope Sonnen Appeals this and gets back in against Silva.

Comment

Originally posted by American_Ninja View Post
                  I kinder gentler White? I think not. Why does it seem like he is protecting Sonnen? Btw, can someone explain a natural steroid? Was this a violation at all? Could our bodies natural adrenalin seem like a PED? These are the questions that haunt me. haha yea right..........

He was popped for testosterone, which of course the body produces naturally.

It's also a PED.

Comment

Originally posted by Blair_Wells#32 View Post
                    have no clue about any steroids, but according to mmajunkie Sonnen had "tested positive for levels of testosterone "well above" normal.
                    they said something similar about Sherk and Gracie, and they messed up on the Sherk one and i still refuse to believe a Gracie would take PED's.....i hope Sonnen Appeals this and gets back in against Silva.
                    How did they "mess up on Sherk?" And why wouldn't you believe Gracie could take PEDs?

Comment

Working...
                    X