No announcement yet.

Chael Sonnen taught tonight.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that in most of the exchanges Silva initiated, he was getting caught at the end of his combinations by a counterpunch he didn't see or couldn't avoid.
    I thought that most of the exchanges he initiated were countered by double legs. Could be wrong.

Anyway, first you said rocked, now you say it doesn't matter if the strikes rocked him or not.

Oh, and obviously he couldn't avoid some of Sonnen's punch, especially in the first round. I just think that he was really injured and you think that it's because sonnen is a competent striker (lol) and the southpaw stance gave Silva's problem...

On that matter we'll have to agree to disagree until Silva fights again. If his show the same immobility in the rematch that he showed today then I'll bump this thread and say you were 100% right, it was Sonnen's striking competency that caused silva's problems for the first time in his career.

PS: If you are correct then Belfort will completely destroy Anderson because he's a south paw and also a great boxer.

If a 'competent striker' like Sonnen was able to cause problems to Silva just because he is a southpaw then I'm going to bet my car on Belfort.

Edit: Don't be mad at me. I'm not Gorilla dogs.

I'm sorry if I offended you in any way.

Going to sleep.
    Last edited by PopoFreitas; 08-08-2010, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PopoFreitas View Post
      I thought that most of the exchanges he initiated were countered by double legs. Could be wrong.

Anyway, first you said rocked, now you say it doesn't matter if the strikes rocked him or not.

Oh, and obviously he couldn't avoid some of Sonnen's punch, especially in the first round. I just think that he was really injured and you think that it's because sonnen is a competent striker (lol) and the southpaw stance gave Silva's problem...

On that matter we'll have to agree to disagree until Silva fights again. If his show the same immobility in the rematch that he showed today then I'll bump this thread and say you were 100% right, it was Sonnen's striking competency that caused silva's problems for the first time in his career.

PS: If you are correct then Belfort will completely destroy Anderson because he's a south paw and also a great boxer.

If a 'competent striker' like Sonnen was able to cause problems to Silva just because he is a southpaw then I'm going to bet my car on Belfort.
      Glad that as you seemed to be turning around you reverted back to distorting/outright fabricating everything I said like a prick again. I never said it didn't matter if they rocked him, I said it didn't matter if they knocked him down - a punch doesn't have to knock one down to rock you, they can stagger you for example. And despite me explaining (though it wasn't necessary at all) what I meant by competent, you go on acting like I claimed I meant he was a good striker rather than my main point, that it was the SOUTHPAW aspect of Sonnen that was giving him trouble, not any particular merits of his striking ability.

Comment

Incidentally, I think if they fight again Silva will probably win and dominate the standup provided he takes it seriously, he knows what adjustments he will have to make now.

Comment

I'm not mad, you're an obnoxious prick. It appears to me you know nothing about striking or you'd have realized that the southpaw stance was a factor in the problems Silva was having. Silva was trying to fight as though his opponent was standing orthodox. It doesn't take a knockdown for a shot to be damaging. I admitted you're probably right that it was a slip in the fifth round, I didn't watch any recaps. That doesn't change the fact that in most of the exchanges Silva initiated, he was getting caught at the end of his combinations by a counterpunch he didn't see or couldn't avoid.

As for the PS fight, no, most of those shots were obviously not landing solidly, people are just ******ed.
          It was the angles not the stance. I believe Rich Franklin is a more competant striker that Sonnen

Comment

Originally posted by ejenki View Post
            It was the angles not the stance. I believe Rich Franklin is a more competant striker that Sonnen
            They go hand in hand. Thanks for reading only a single post instead of all of them, I know you're too busy to be bothered with that.

It looked like more than that to me. He looked completely flustered, at one point even staring directly at him while eating shots. It appeared he was getting caught during his kung fu dodges and missing with his combinations due to the opposite angles being given. I think he was trying to adjust in the moment, without much success as even in late rounds he was getting countered with shots.
            This isn't even my ****ing thread a$$holes, I made another one about the same topic long before this TS. Go there if you want to war with me.
            Last edited by Miburo; 08-08-2010, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X