No announcement yet.

Chael Sonnen taught tonight.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chael Sonnen taught tonight.....

Congrats to A. Silva on overcoming adversity but 2 things i took away from the fight are;

1: The way Chael was able to catch Silva with punches off of basic southpaw angles show that Silva would probably not fair too well against any pro boxer in a boxing match. He should probably not even attempt to pursue that any longer.

2: GSP or Jake Shields would actually have a solid chance of beating him, if either of those fights were to take place. Sonnen's take downs were not the most dynamic and were very solid similar to Shields. GSP would more than likely have great success taking Silva down.

Originally posted by TBEC2 View Post
    Congrats to A. Silva on overcoming adversity but 2 things i took away from the fight are;

1: The way Chael was able to catch Silva with punches off of basic southpaw angles show that Silva would probably not fair too well against any pro boxer in a boxing match. He should probably not even attempt to pursue that any longer.
    Same point I was making, a serious hole has been revealed in his game. Second point also valid.

Comment

Maybe Silva just didn't count on Chael standing with him?

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        Maybe Silva just didn't count on Chael standing with him?
        It looked like more than that to me. He looked completely flustered, at one point even staring directly at him while eating shots. It appeared he was getting caught during his kung fu dodges and missing with his combinations due to the opposite angles being given. I think he was trying to adjust in the moment, without much success as even in late rounds he was getting countered with shots.

Comment

Either way, the blue print for beating Silva was laid out by Hendo, take down, control, AND DON'T DO SOMETHING STUPID LIKE STAND UP OR GIVE HIM SPACE TO SUBMIT YOU....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            Either way, the blue print for beating Silva was laid out by Hendo, take down, control, AND DON'T DO SOMETHING STUPID LIKE STAND UP OR GIVE HIM SPACE TO SUBMIT YOU....
            I think Sonnen was doing fine in the standup actually. Due to his stance Silva wasn't seeing the heavy counters coming in the midst of his flurries and got knocked down multiple times. The mistake was being too active on top in the final round, Sonnen was fighting for pride rather than using his head.

Comment

Sonnen fought the right fight against Silva

But sonnen was sonned and cried uncle dont get it twisted

Comment

I cant belive that Sonnen threw fight away like that.

I am still in shocked that he lost a fight after he gave beating to Anderson for 4 and half rounds!

Comment

I wouldn't say those things so fast...

Either anderson lost all his agility, footwork and head movement overnight or he was indeed injured...

Really. He stood there in front of Sonnen in the first round eating bombs...

His corner was yelling him to move around and he pointed to his rib... I really don't believe that Silva unlearned every thing that made him such a great fighter...

Seriously, if you watch ALL HIS FIGHTS nobody has ever came close of hurting him standing. Not even close. Do you guys believe that Sonnen was the only one good enough to "expose" him?

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                    and got knocked down multiple times.
                    Actually he only got knocked down once, lol.

In the 5th he slipped.

Comment

Working...
                    X