No announcement yet.

GSP makes MMA look bad.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
    Just never passed on them though. It was mostly guard GNP in the alves fight and holding BJ against the cage IMO. This fight was just painful because he ruled and dominated and advanced in every position but still couldn't finish him. I understand he did what he had to do in the Alves and BJ fights, but im just saying, im a little disappointed the UFC posterboy that represents us in gatorade and nike ads.
    He smashed Alves and Penn. WTF fights are you watching? The Hardy fight sucked yeah, but he beat the **** out of everyone else....

Comment

Hold on now. Nobody said he didn't smash Alves. I'm just saying he had him guard the whole time GNPing. Didn't pass. And he grinded out BJ too. I wouldn't say they got the **** beat out of them though. he grinded them out and did what he had to do. Just none of his fights are these amazing things they try to hype them up to be all the time. My beef isn't with GSP's ability at all. Mostly with he's the person people probably pay to see the most aside Brock and all the WWE fans he brings in.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
        GSP should have finished the fight. There was no reason why he shouldn't have, but it's not like he didn't try.

And you can't blame GSP for Hardy having non existant takedown defense.

Hardy is weak on the ground and Strong standing up. Logic says take it where he's weak and that was GSP does.

However I don't see how his fight with Penn or Alves was boring and I can't see how you can blame him for not finishing top tier fighters like Alves and Penn who rarely ever get beat.

You can complain all you want about the Hardy fight. GSP should have finished that fight.
        I knwo you hang off gsp's nuts big time but you have to admit, he s boring as **** to watch? If you enjoy a gay erotic film then fine but i for one want to see warriors, I've got more respect for hardy not tapping that i had for gsp last night. He could have beaten hardy on his feet or the floor, but was happy to just lay n pray like normal. He should man the **** up and move up to 185, Silva will goto 205 soon and gsp can challenge the likes of belfort, sonnen and wanderlai silva. I know for sure gsp wont move up though, he wont be able to throw the big guys around and he'll have to fight like a man for once. I for one would love the see him get caught by a vitor belfort straight left lol he'd be out like a light.

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
          I knwo you hang off gsp's nuts big time but you have to admit, he s boring as **** to watch? If you enjoy a gay erotic film then fine but i for one want to see warriors, I've got more respect for hardy not tapping that i had for gsp last night. He could have beaten hardy on his feet or the floor, but was happy to just lay n pray like normal. He should man the **** up and move up to 185, Silva will goto 205 soon and gsp can challenge the likes of belfort, sonnen and wanderlai silva. I know for sure gsp wont move up though, he wont be able to throw the big guys around and he'll have to fight like a man for once. I for one would love the see him get caught by a vitor belfort straight left lol he'd be out like a light.
          I don't find him boring, but he should have finished the fight last night. No question about it. But it's not like he didn't try.

Everyone likes something different, sadly though, your perception of his fighting style is extremely twisted.

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
            Watch K-1 dude. MMA is not a sport for you...

Comment

I thought it was entertaining. I've been a GSP for many many years and I like his style.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                GSP won another lackluster decision. No killer instinct. Backs up what B-Hop thinks about mma being just like gay sex. The best fights were the free prelims on ****e they didn't even show on the pay per view to make it better. Diaz-rory has sick!!! But anyway GSP's on gatorade, Nike, and sport illustraded, and he looks like he's afraid to hurt people.

I love MMA but he's one of their greatest fighters pound for pound, but he puts on the most boring fight of all the last 3 cards he's been on. UFC 94, 100, and now UFC 111. He should have finished Hardy. but Hardy just stared at him at the end of the 1st when he could of unloaded the one time in the fight.

Just a pretty lackluster card, alittle disappointed though. Damn Thiago Alves's stupid physical, that ruined the 2nd most exciting fights on the card between Alves-Fitch, Jake Ellerburger-Saunders that were the best fights on the card from the start IMO. Palaharas was a dickhead though holding onto the submission after the tap. He's a beast though. Bocek-Miller was pretty good though, lots of back and forth excitement just unpopular guys fighting but still good. Pumped for 112 thats gonna be a hell of a card!

whole point of thread is that GSP lacks one of those great traits the great pound for pound fighters had. Not saying theirs guys that could beat him and i understand he fights a style that makes it harder to finish. But in 100 years when people put the best againast each other in the greatest of all time charts, GSP might not be so high because the lack of killer instinct. Glad BJ, Anderson, and Fedor are some of the best P4P fighters too. Just expected more from the UFC poster pretty boy. Just a little disappointed. Title might be a little harsh but it didn't make us look great though.

Comment

He's been a stinker since his weak chin got cracked.Did you expect anything less than this?

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  He smashed Alves and Penn. WTF fights are you watching? The Hardy fight sucked yeah, but he beat the **** out of everyone else....

He dominated Alves and Penn.Claiming that he "smashed" them would suggest he did so in an explosive manner.

Comment

I don't think he makes MMA look bad. He dominated one of the best welterweights out there, Dan Hardy is just tough as nails. GSP could have broken his arm twice in that fight, and you could see Hardy scream in pain on the replays, but he still never tapped. GSP looked good, and Hardy impressed me with how tough he was.

Comment

GSP made BJ quit after the 4th round, I guess he didn't smash/finish him.

GSP injured his abductor in the third round against Alves. He went for a few submissions and was engaging him in the stand-up prior to that.

Last night wasn't the most exciting fight, but GSP was going for a finish. He said it himself, he wasn't happy with his performance and he was trying too hard to get a submission. His corner was even telling him, don't pass the guard, just posture up and rain down some GNP.

Comment

Working...
                      X