Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 299: O’Malley vs Vera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idk if Sean gets past either of those dudes.

Comment

Basically a dominate master class, aside from a couple late scares,Chito is tough, but honestly expected it after the years between and bigger cage. O’Malley is one of the best stand up strikers on the planet and was likely gonna pick him apart the first time..

i agree with his own assessment, that the first Chito fight was a good thing, cause he may have been rushed into fights he wasn’t ready for, cause now the dude is absolutely firing on all cylinders. He’s corny & unlikable, but he’s a problem.

He still may not be ready for the fights coming his way, & I figured he would call out Ilia , but if he can beat Merab who’s likely next or Ilia, his stardom is going nuclear and he’s gonna be the next cross over guy to get beat up by a boxer..

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post
        He still may not be ready for the fights coming his way, & I figured he would call out Ilia , but if he can beat Merab who’s likely next or Ilia, his stardom is going nuclear and he’s gonna be the next cross over guy to get beat up by a boxer..
        Dana shot down Ilia at the post fight presser. I kinda think Dana hates Merab for all the Aljo era sh^t tho so I won't be confident hes next til they got a poster made for that fight.

I believe Dana also said this was the 4th biggest gate in ufc history so Suga Sean is THAT guy ig.
        Last edited by Eff Pandas; 03-10-2024, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Dana shot down Ilia at the post fight presser. I kinda think Dana hates Merab for all the Aljo era sh^t tho so I won't be confident hes next til they got a poster made for that fight.

I believe Dana also said this was the 4th biggest gate in ufc history so Suga Sean is THAT guy ig.
          Yeah I seen that. After 298, Dana said Merab was likely next, think the only way he isn’t is if they go Sandhagen, even then I’d.imagine fans would be livid with him.

Topuria has to defend , but money talks if Spain comes calling for the him - Suga, with loads of money, never know. Dana also said he doesn’t make fights right after others, so his mind could change there too, but I figure he’ll be more firm on this.

Gate didn’t surprise me, he’s super popular, UFC & Miami would draw on their own, but he’s big part of it because of the love & hate he gets + stacked card

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post

Yeah I seen that. After 298, Dana said Merab was likely next, think the only way he isn’t is if they go Sandhagen, even then I’d.imagine fans would be livid with him.

Topuria has to defend , but money talks if Spain comes calling for the him - Suga, with loads of money, never know. Dana also said he doesn’t make fights right after others, so his mind could change there too, but I figure he’ll be more firm on this.

Gate didn’t surprise me, he’s super popular, UFC & Miami would draw on their own, but he’s big part of it because of the love & hate he gets + stacked card
            It surprised me. Dudes the new Conor. This was #4 all time & #1 not involving Conor. Thats crazy to me.

Comment

It surprised me. Dudes the new Conor. This was #4 all time & #1 not involving Conor. Thats crazy to me.
              Yeah, that’s why I mentioned if he can beat Merab or Dana decides to do the Ilia fight, and he actually pulls it off, he’s goin nuclear .

He’s already a superstar in the sport and socials
              Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Sean is winning me over bit by bit. I dont like the way he got fast tracked to the title but nobody expected him to even be competitive with Yan, they certainly didnt expect him to do what he did to Aljo, and now hes had a dominant performance against a solid challenger.

I cant see him ever being a megastar or a long term champ, but hes one of the bigger and better things going in the UFC right now.

Comment

I think this is as good as it gets for omalley im happy for him but i really cant see him beating merab minus a knee or something sleeps him. Its his khabib fight, i wouldn't be surprised if they made the cody sandhagen fight lmao that would be an absolute war i cant wait to see to be honest but it would be so wrong to merab, hes going to win that title eventually, just up to dana when lol

Happy my man Yan got back in the winners circle. So many close fights and unlucky decisions. I would love to see him rematch sandhagen too because they're first fight was a complete war. Sad for Gilbert Burns you can tell he really wants it so bad. he really has all the talent too, just got caught. Crazy dude had a broken arm and still stopped him.

Maycee barber about to get a title shot shes really improved a lot after getting all those gift decisions. I was hoping dos anjos would win so bad, he had dude so hurt lol

ALSO DUSTIN A BONIFIDE LEGEND AFTER THAT ONE. He was definitely meant to introduce the casuals to Benoit to be a stepping stone, but he never quit and knocked that man out. Much respect. Hopefully he gets one more crack at the belt.

Comment

Omally is no Connor Mcgregor and to be fair I wouldn't call him a ufc star, the guy has no personality, he's not funny, he's not quick witted and he's not controversial other then his girlfriend and his rainbow hair. The card below the main event is what made the event a success. O'malley raised his stock with that performance but he'll never be on the level of Mcgregor

I took Dana's gate figures and attendance, $14+ million in gate and about 19000 people, with those figures the average price of a ticket is $737, the ticket prices to go to one of these events is outrageous and they still fill the arenas...

Comment

Working...
                    X