No announcement yet.

UFC 298: Alexander Volkanovski vs Ilia Topuria

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

I'm a sports fan and I know by now it is sustained punishment, not a one shot that is more likely to cause long term damage.

In terms of weight, it's a legit theory that changing in weight in short spans of time can decrease punch resistance.
    Sustained damage to the brain is bad, but so are two concussions which rendered you unconscious. Theres a reason commissions suspend you from fighting after a knockout.
    Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post

Sustained damage to the brain is bad, but so are two concussions which rendered you unconscious. Theres a reason commissions suspend you from fighting after a knockout.
      Of course!

I didn't say fight the next week did I?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

I'm a sports fan and I know by now it is sustained punishment, not a one shot that is more likely to cause long term damage.

In terms of weight, it's a legit theory that changing in weight in short spans of time can decrease punch resistance.
        Thats how guys die on fight night but yea long term damage is in play with that too obviously. Guys who get their lights turned off aren't immume to long term damage/CRT.

Again the weight sh^t is a whole other thing. Getting your lights turned off twice in 4mos ain't good regardless of weight.

Comment

Concussions are not trivial matters

edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X