No announcement yet.

Pavlovich vs Aspinall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pavlovich vs Aspinall

Who have people got for Pavlovich vs Aspinall?

I’m still pretty new to the MMA waters and haven’t watched much of each. Aspinall seems to have a much bigger skill set, but Pavlovich looks like a scary dude. And Aspinall had that weird stoppage, which makes him look a bit fragile physically.

Feels like the odds, very 50/50 to me. I lean more Tom's way tho he's basically not lost in 8yrs (last L was a freak injury, previous L was a dumb ass JBJ illegal elbow DQ L). Only legit L, in my book, was his first L in his 4th pro fight. And I do believe he's got more tools in his toolbox like you do. I don't like he's short notice vs a bad mfer like Sergei tho.

Sergei on the other hand legit lost his ufc debut to an ancient & washed Alistair who'd lost 3 of his previous 5 fights. He has been on a good streak since. I also like his ape index & its something I usually take into account in fights where I think a live dog with a good ape index might upset the fav or in close fights like this one.

Thing is both are big destructive mfers who can end the fight at any moment so the variance with the outcome here is high cuz one guy just landing THAT shot has a great chance to end the night. Mostly I'm just hyped to see this fight then I'm invested in who wins.
    Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post
      Who have people got for Pavlovich vs Aspinall?

I’m still pretty new to the MMA waters and haven’t watched much of each. Aspinall seems to have a much bigger skill set, but Pavlovich looks like a scary dude. And Aspinall had that weird stoppage, which makes him look a bit fragile physically.
      A legit 50-50 fight IMO. I could easily see it go either way
      Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Feels like the odds, very 50/50 to me. I lean more Tom's way tho he's basically not lost in 8yrs (last L was a freak injury, previous L was a dumb ass JBJ illegal elbow DQ L). Only legit L, in my book, was his first L in his 4th pro fight. And I do believe he's got more tools in his toolbox like you do. I don't like he's short notice vs a bad mfer like Sergei tho.

Sergei on the other hand legit lost his ufc debut to an ancient & washed Alistair who'd lost 3 of his previous 5 fights. He has been on a good streak since. I also like his ape index & its something I usually take into account in fights where I think a live dog with a good ape index might upset the fav or in close fights like this one.

Thing is both are big destructive mfers who can end the fight at any moment so the variance with the outcome here is high cuz one guy just landing THAT shot has a great chance to end the night. Mostly I'm just hyped to see this fight then I'm invested in who wins.
        Yeah seems like a huge fight, it’s cool that UFC put together tough non-championship matchups like this. Really gives credence to the title when they get there.

I’d never heard of ape index before which is mad because I’m super into bouldering. Makes sense that dudes with a high ape index look like knuckle dragging gorillas (overeems ape index must be huge).

Comment

Ill take the Russian by 1st round KO.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            Ill take the Russian by 1st round KO.
            Went the other way. What a crazy knockout by Aspinall!

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

Went the other way. What a crazy knockout by Aspinall!
              Impressive with 17 days** notice. Sounds like Jones might retire after Stipe though. If so, that’s twice a heavyweight champion has given up the title in a couple of years, not great for the UFC.

Bet Dana does a complete 180 and calls Jones a bum and Aspinall the GOAT when that happens.
              Last edited by Butt stuff; 11-12-2023, 08:37 AM.

Comment

A little short but great ending sequence. The main event was great too.

Even the broads had a great(hilarious) knockout. Great card.
                Willy Wanker Willy Wanker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                  A little short but great ending sequence. The main event was great too.

Even the broads had a great(hilarious) knockout. Great card.
                  Did you think the main was stopped early? Felt like an early stoppage to me.

Comment

No way does Jones fight this guy

Comment

Working...
                    X